Mike Williams (Chargers WR) -- RE-SIGNED WITH L.A. CHARGERS

Godfather

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Williams would be a great pick up. 

He would probably be the least expensive out of the 3 I named. Big bodied possession wr is what this offense needs. Him lined up next to Smith with Watkins in the slot and Goedert sounds nice

• Like 1

Can't see the Chargers letting him go. They have a good thing going there with that passing attack and he has a really good connection with Herbert. Why move on from one of your young superstar QB's favourite targets?

On 12/7/2021 at 9:20 AM, Godfather said:

He would probably be the least expensive out of the 3 I named. Big bodied possession wr is what this offense needs. Him lined up next to Smith with Watkins in the slot and Goedert sounds nice

I'm not sure if he'll be that affordable in FA given the fact he's on pace for career numbers with the Chargers . Keenan Allen will soon be entering his 30s and Williams has finally showed WR1 ability for them this year when given the opportunity. As kiwieagle mentioned, I'm sure the Chargers will try to keep their core around Justin Herbert intact.

However if the Eagles can pull it off, it would be a worthwhile move. At 6'4 he's the perfect size to be that big bodied possession WR2 alongside Devonta Smith.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I'm not sure if he'll be that affordable in FA given the fact he's on pace for career numbers with the Chargers . Keenan Allen will soon be entering his 30s and Williams has finally showed WR1 ability for them this year when given the opportunity

I suspect even if he was affordable in FA he won't be hitting FA. As you say he's showing WR1 ability and Allen will soon be 30. The Chargers have a really talented young QB and look like a team building quite nicely for the future. I can see them either doing a deal or tagging him. 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I suspect even if he was affordable in FA he won't be hitting FA. As you say he's showing WR1 ability and Allen will soon be 30. The Chargers have a really talented young QB and look like a team building quite nicely for the future. I can see them either doing a deal or tagging him. 

Yep, worst case scenario for the Chargers is a tag but they will try and get him locked up long-term. While they do have some younger guys coming up (Guyton as a deep threat and Palmer who played well yesterday), they don't have the upside of Williams. It would honestly be one dumb move for them to let Williams test FA.

• Like 1