Urban Meyer FIRED by the Jaguars

Wallyhorse

Hopefully this will give the Eagles courage to show Sirianni the door, there's no shame in confessing that you made a mistake, Sirianni was a mistake, however, there his shame in having too much pride to admit you made a mistake. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Hopefully this will give the Eagles courage to show Sirianni the door, there's no shame in confessing that you made a mistake, Sirianni was a mistake, however, there his shame in having too much pride to admit you made a mistake. 

Did you read what Meyer is supposed to have done to get fired? Calling his coaching staff losers, arguing with and kicking his players.

There's no way the Eagle's could fire Sirianni this is nonsense, Sirianni's probably got more wins than most of us expected this season all ready.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Did you read what Meyer is supposed to have done to get fired? Calling his coaching staff losers, arguing with and kicking his players.

There's no way the Eagle's could fire Sirianni this is nonsense, Sirianni's probably got more wins than most of us expected this season all ready.

I think hiring him was a mistake, he doesn't know enough about the game, it's going to be a learn on the job process with him, do you really want someone that's going to be learning on the job with 3 #1 picks coming, I sure as hell wouldn't.

sirianni isn't going anywhere. as mentioned, he's probably met or exceeded most expectations. i know those were very low to begin with, but its reality. 

IMO, one should be a lil more concerned with who is picking the players vs who is coaching them. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I wonder if there's enough to call it terminating for cause, in which case the Jaguars may not have to pay the balance of his contract.

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

What a mess

And they have Lawrence. Will the new coach keep him?

Coach may have to agree to get job.

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I think hiring him was a mistake, he doesn't know enough about the game, it's going to be a learn on the job process with him, do you really want someone that's going to be learning on the job with 3 #1 picks coming, I sure as hell wouldn't.

Who would the Eagles get that is already a good coach and wouldn't be learning on the job ? Who would they get that is willing to put up with Howie and Lurie's BS? 

They fire Sirianni now they aren't going to get any great choices to replace him 

22 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who would the Eagles get that is already a good coach and wouldn't be learning on the job ? Who would they get that is willing to put up with Howie and Lurie's BS? 

They fire Sirianni now they aren't going to get any great choices to replace him 

I'm not saying fire the guy today, what I'm saying is he was a bad hire and they need an experienced HC, the sooner the better. From my perspective, Sirianni doesn't have enough experience nor does he know the game well enough to be a HC of an NFL team.

The one name that I've heard that I agree with is Jim Caldwell, dude took Indy to the SB and again to the playoffs, he also took the lowly Lions to the playoffs twice.  Dude is an offensive guru. 

Another coach I'd consider is Anthony Lynn, I thought he got a bum deal by being let go by the Chargers, it's not his fault they didn't have enough talent on the defensive side of the ball, they didn't give the guy enough time, he'll resurface and become great, he knows how to lead men.

The last thing you want is to get a talented team that's led by a know nothing doofus.......that's how I view Sirianni 

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Another coach I'd consider is Anthony Lynn, I thought he got a bum deal by being let go by the Chargers, it's not his fault they didn't have enough talent on the defensive side of the ball, they didn't give the guy enough time, he'll resurface and become great, he knows how to lead men.

Sounds like that could be Sirianni, except add offense and QB to the lack of talent.

9 hours ago, EagleVA said:

The guy has 6 wins. 0 chance he gets fired after 1 year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mihailo said:

Sounds like that could be Sirianni, except add offense and QB to the lack of talent.

It's more to doofus than that, for instance, I've been saying since game 3, he should put Gainwell in the slot.

I mean if you don't have enough sense to put your playmakers on the field you don't know jack, Gainwell could play the role of Edleman, Welker and Admendola, those guys played a huge role in making Brady The Goat.  

On 12/16/2021 at 6:43 PM, EagleVA said:

The one name that I've heard that I agree with is Jim Caldwell, dude took Indy to the SB and again to the playoffs, he also took the lowly Lions to the playoffs twice.  Dude is an offensive guru. 

Because he happened to be the offense coordinator in Indy when Peyton Manning was running the offense?  You want that guy?  He's the guy you're gonna credit with taking the Colts to the Super Bowl?  He took them to the SB in his rookie year...he gets credit for that like Chucky gets credit for taking Tampa to the Super Bowl his first season there.  Maybe he should be on your list too?  I mean between the Raiders and the Bucs, he seems to have a similar resume?

So what did he do that seemed to indicate greatness once the HOF QB retired?  You want THAT guy?

Then you were so impressed with his resume in Detroit that you want that kind of coaching in Philly.  Let me help you out...at the very least, we already have that guy.  

Everywhere he seemed to go, he has a fantastic first season and then steadily rides the team into crapstown.  Just like Chucky.

No.

Thank.

You.

At least Sirianni could become better, you never know.  Caldwell has had Manning and Stafford.  So far Sirianni has had Hurts, Minshew and Joe Flacco. 

Whatever Caldwell couldn't do with Manning and Stafford, he certainly won't be able to do with out crew of QBs

Sirianni has shown the signs of being a really good coach. He made some major adjustments to the game plan to play to the teams strengths in running the ball. It took him a few weeks but he looks like he is growing into the role and becoming more comfortable at the top level. 

How do you not thoroughly vet a guy you're paying millions to? Meyer is such a giant dooooooooosh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The whole situation from start to finish was an utter mess. 

Or was it an 'Urban' mess? 

• Like 1

Interviewing Pederson and Caldwell.

Seems like the right sort of hire for that team. They need an even-headed coach who can motivate the players to bring out the best in them and start turning that culture around. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 6:35 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Or was it an 'Urban' mess? 

Naw, if it was an Urban mess somebody woulda got shot.