This year is all about being the physically dominant team

SlimReaper4Six

We give the kids another year to prove themselves with a lot better talent around them and a defense that can be a top 5-10 defense.  We add talent across the team and if the QBs aren’t able to be the guy we go after one next year . 

Sign /Extensions 

Derek Barnett 1 year 5.75 million - I know he has a huge issue with his tendency of getting flagged for stupid penalties but this is the reason why he comes back extremely cheap on a prove it deal. No one would give him the pay day he wanted and now he comes back to show he deserves a pay day. He still is a above average player. He can help the rotation he does bring a edge to the defense and is always playing with great effort. No matter what we think the Eagles front office has always thought highly of him. 

Steven Nelson  2 years 11.5 million - he isn’t guaranteed a starting job but he does have some really good value. Another year in the system and can compete to start can only help us. He could also be trade bait down the road later near TC.

Boston Scott 2 years 4.5 million - a excellent backup that can do it all and has shown he can produce he deserves a contract and he is a excellent leader for our RB room 

Marcus Epps 2 year extension total money 5.5 million ( has really established himself as a excellent role player and deserves a significant upgrade in pay)

Hassan Ridgeway 1 year 1.25 million isn’t guaranteed a spot but he does have value as a 15-20 snap a game role player.

Trade 

Fletcher Cox to the Titans along with a 5th round pick to for a 2nd round pick. Him along with alumni Jeffrey Simmons may make them one of the most dominant interior lines again. We know he has lost value so he no longer will demand a high pick but this is fair compensation for both.

Brandon Brooks and a conditional 2023  5th round pick to the Steelers for Chase Claypool. Chase has fallen out of favor in Pitt because of his immaturity but the kid is a good player and needs to just mature. Here he has a chance to compete to start and really get his life and career back on track. He has shown he can play both inside and outside with his freakish athleticism.

Free Agency 

James Connor 2 years 8 million- a PA native and will be a great role model and leader for our team. Will be a fan favorite for his physical run style and has really improved his pass catching abilities. A excellent complement back. 

Christian Kirk- 3 years 28 million  we need a true slot that can blow off the top and isn’t afraid to work the middle and catch the ball in traffic. Claypool is a true X that has inside versatility though as shown what he did to us against Nate Gerry a couple years back. Kirk can also play on the outside but his home is in the slot and with the Trio of DeVonte , Kirk, and Claypool would be a great young trio for whoever starts at QB. 

Marcus Williams 4 years 48 million - A do it all top seven player at his position. He is extremely well rounded and can be our leader in the back end for years to come. JG will be able to open up his playbook with him leading the back 7 along with slay.

Jordan Whitehead 2 years 9 million was a solid player for the Bucs and has been able to find the ball pretty easily. The defense we run JG seems to love using 3 saftey packages and he is also a excellent special teams playe. he is a overlooked player but could turn out to be one of the better signings of this class.

B.J Hill 1 year 6.5 million - a excellent rotation lineman that is solid at everything but not spectacular at anything. We need better run defense this upcoming season if we truly want to be a good defense and with his help it will be a good start. 

Draft 

1st David Ojabo DE Michigan an athletic freak and had a very productive season. He is still new to the game and isn’t anywhere close to being a finished product. We need a influx of talent on our line and he could be a leader on the line for years to come.

1st  Jordan Davis DT Georgia- another athletic freak for a mammoth player. He is 6’ 6 345 lbs and has great short area quickness. He rarely can be moved and has been phenomenal taking on double teams and still making plays on the ball. As a pass rusher he has a excellent bull rush and club move. With the top two picks we have made our defensive line one of the most desirable positions on the team. 

1st Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati

- a excellent shutdown corner for his team and all throughout his tenure as a bear cat he stopped the number 1 and made splash plays on the ball. We havent drafted a talent like him in a very long time and I’m super excited to see him play alongside slay

2 Logan Hall DE Houston 6-6 280 A long and extremely talented athlete. He has great arm length to keep tackles off him and he has a good natural bend for a guy his size he can really get low and bend the corner. He still could use another 10-15 lbs to his frame and not lose much speed to help anchor and hold up when he takes on double teams in the run game. He can move inside and play DT too on pass rushing downs as well. He also has a knack for knocking down passes at the line of scrimmage due to his length 

2nd Christian Harris LB Alabama 6-3 240 4.6 a physical and explosive player who has very good pass rush skills as well. He can run sideline to sideline and also play zone coverage pretty well on which we play a ton. He could take over the Anthony Barr role now finally to give JG the proper player to deploy his true schemes. 

3rd  R.J Roderick S South Carolina  5-11 205 4.51 Adding youth and more talent to the secondary is a must. The two new top draft picks we have in the secondary also have a ton of confidence and swagger which is something we have been missing on the back end for a while other than slay. RJ is a enforcer and will be a heat seeking missle a day one. He reminds me of a former Gamecock in DJ Swearinger but RJ is a better athlete and more impressive in coverage. He will be a solid starter and could compete for that position day one. 

4th Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA 6 213 4.53 This kid is probably my favorite player in the draft. He loves to dish out punishment everytime he has the ball in his hands. He is extremely tough to bring down and rarely does the first or second guy bring him down. He also has above average hands and will make him more enticing for Nick wanting him on his team. He is the perfect complement to Sanders , Scott, and Gainwell. He will fit in with our new style of being extremely physical and just overwhelming a defense.  

5th Matt Waletzko OT North Dakota St 6-7 307 lbs -another physically imposing lineman that loves to get his hands on people in the run game. Was injured the year before but came back and showed some serious potential. He can play both Left and Right but I see him maybe possibly taking over for lane in a few years if he can develop his body better. Will be a excellent developmental prospect for Jeff Stoutland to work his magic on.

6th Nick Ford C/G Utah 6-3 305 - Has played every single position along the line for the Utes in his career. He will be a natural center in the NFL and he can back up multiple posistions . With his versatility Jeff Stoutland will definitely be happy. He has very good footwork and solid technique but he doesn’t have the strength to anchor against bigger lineman. He will need to work with the strength and conditioning coaches but he gets to watch a HOF center play and learn from one of the best coaches while he redefines his body. 

I like some of the moves and some of the FA signings bud. I also like the first 3 picks in the draft. But bringing back Barnett? I'm not sure I can get on board with that. 

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like some of the moves and some of the FA signings bud. I also like the first 3 picks in the draft. But bringing back Barnett? I'm not sure I can get on board with that. 

The Barnett thing I am also not sure about but i was trying to do what I think Howie will do and how his market will go down. I wasn’t really going with what I want I think it’s going to be of what I think Howie will do and I honestly think the front office loves him still . 

Love it...just love it...

Agreed Barnett might not have much of a market and could return.

11 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Love it...just love it...

Agreed Barnett might not have much of a market and could return.

Thanks bro I use to be DEATHROWE91 but when they switched the TATE Forum I got a new screen name. I spend a lot of time working on these and I know from back in the day alot of people respected my insight on the prospects. I try and make everything realistic and in the eyes of how Howie thinks and how the posistions play out. I appreciate you.

Dont love the idea of bringing Barnett or Nelson back but their price tags make it a bit easier. Id be on board for this. Don't think the Steelers trade Claypool and im not sure that we could trade Brooks.. his base salary is like 13 mil next year, teams probly just wait for us to cut him since we have an opt out in the contract next year over give up draft picks or a young player. Claypool is arguably their WR1 and he is only 23...

15 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Dont love the idea of bringing Barnett or Nelson back but their price tags make it a bit easier. Id be on board for this. Don't think the Steelers trade Claypool and im not sure that we could trade Brooks.. his base salary is like 13 mil next year, teams probly just wait for us to cut him since we have an opt out in the contract next year over give up draft picks or a young player. Claypool is arguably their WR1 and he is only 23...

I do like the thought put into this one, also some new names to consider with those later draft picks. Solid!

I also wondered if the Steelers would entertain a trade for Claypool since his catch celebration fiasco, but I think he'll fetch a higher draft pick than a 5th. I don't think it's quite Santonio Holmes level or even Antonio Brown level fall out with the team. They'll likely keep him unless he continues to spiral down a path of unprofessionalism.

As it stands right now, if they can't recoup the 2nd round pick they spent on him, I can see them jump on an offer for a 3rd round pick and a player (similar to our Ronald Darby trade with the Bills). He probably won't go for as low as a 5th unless he gets into serious trouble with the team.

If we could land Marcus Williams I’d be amazed. I doubt he goes to a team that is growing and not ready to win. 

• 3 weeks later...

Like it or not, we're gonna need to draft another WR somewhere (or sign a veteran). Maybe 1st round. 

Nice read, thanks.

Except for the Barnett signing I'd be happy with this. 

I know you expect a couple of BUT's so here they are - 

• I like it BUT I don't think your free agency spending is in the cards. There just aren't that many dollars to spend.
  • I like it BUT, we got LUCKY with a 6th round center 10 years ago, odds are it'll never happen again.  I'd forego the linebacker until day 3 and take the center in day 2

That being said - thanks again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, CouchKing said:

Like it or not, we're gonna need to draft another WR somewhere (or sign a veteran). Maybe 1st round. 

I got Claypool as the addition