Weekly line thread: Eagles -10 vs. Giants

Hawkeye

The New York Football Giants travel down the pike to face an Eagles team playing on a short week.  The Giants haven't won a game since they upset the Eagles in that ship show back in Week 12.  There are a lot of questions heading into this one. With Daniel Jones out, Mike Glennon has been horrible for the Giants so there's a possibility Jake Fromm will start at QB.  On the Eagles sideline, will Dickerson and Dillard be cleared and activated?  Does any of that matter?  Vegas says no.

Line: Eagles -10/10.5 Giants
Total: 40.5
ML: Eagles -500/Giants +375

That line will come down now that Sirianni has covid.  I will be surprised if he is the only one affected.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

That line will come down now that Sirianni has covid.  I will be surprised if he is the only one affected.

Agreed. I suspect a few key players are going to test positive but we shall see. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. I suspect a few key players are going to test positive but we shall see. 

and on a short week for less recovery time.  The NFL really screwed us over.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

and on a short week for less recovery time.  The NFL really screwed us over.

Yep. But we knew this. The WFT game was never the one we were concerned about when they announced the postponement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Maybe they'll postpone the game.  :excited:

• Haha 1

The Giants were already awful with Nickels at Qb, with Glennon they are pitifully awful.  This is the worst offense in the NFL.  Pathetic OLine, Glennon is not even a top 50 Qb, recievers are hurt, Barkley is in no shape to elevate this bunch.  They have given up on Judge and will not score 20 pts again all year.  Unless we turn it over another 4 times it won't even be close, the Covid depleted WFT had more talent.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 2:15 PM, vaff said:

Seems like a lot, when the Giants have a normal week’s rest, and the Eagles only have four days.

And the Eagles not having a head coach. 

On 12/23/2021 at 7:43 AM, dawkins4prez said:

The Giants were already awful with Nickels at Qb, with Glennon they are pitifully awful.  This is the worst offense in the NFL.  Pathetic OLine, Glennon is not even a top 50 Qb, recievers are hurt, Barkley is in no shape to elevate this bunch.  They have given up on Judge and will not score 20 pts again all year.  Unless we turn it over another 4 times it won't even be close, the Covid depleted WFT had more talent.

I'd be surprised if they went with Glennon.  With nothing to play for (other than pride and to play spoiler), they should play Fromm to see what they have in him.  He has potential to be more of a long term backup for the Giants ... you already know what you have in Glennon (he blows).  

On 12/22/2021 at 2:15 PM, vaff said:

Seems like a lot, when the Giants have a normal week’s rest, and the Eagles only have four days.

The Eagles need to approach this game with the same mentality they would if they just played on Sunday and are slated to play a Thursday night game next (which is actually one less day of rest).  Just man up and power through this.  :flex:

• Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 3:11 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Surprised Hurts hasn't tested positive after Siri was yelling at him after the fumble.

• Haha 2

An Over/Under of 40.5? Huh. I guess they see it like the WFT game. Not too close, but not a blowout?

Eagles - 24

Giants - 13

Niners loss, so if Vikings and Saints lose, I expect the Eagles to lose also.  At least that seems how history always plays out.  

On 12/26/2021 at 7:18 AM, Talkingbirds said:

Niners loss, so if Vikings and Saints lose, I expect the Eagles to lose also.  At least that seems how history always plays out.  

Happy I was wrong. Now on to Washington.