Donte Jackson (Panthers CB) -- RE-SIGNED WITH CAROLINA

ibleedgreen1990

Panthers have a lot of talent at CB even if they let Jackson walk. We could possibly even snag him on a 1 year deal since he is coming off an injury. Think he would be a beast starting opposite Slay and give us a ton of wiggle room in the draft since he is still 26.

Ran a 4.32 originally at the combine and has been a yearly starter for the Panthers. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Panthers have a lot of talent at CB even if they let Jackson walk. We could possibly even snag him on a 1 year deal since he is coming off an injury. Think he would be a beast starting opposite Slay and give us a ton of wiggle room in the draft since he is still 26.

Ran a 4.32 originally at the combine and has been a yearly starter for the Panthers. 

I liked Donte Jackson coming out of that draft class, thought the Eagles would take him after he was still on the board after trading out of the 1st round. Can't complain too much with Dallas Goedert coming into his own as TE1 though.

If we don't use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a CB, Jackson would be a solid pickup. Heck, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do both if feasible. I was thinking the team should go after a veteran WR to be the WR2 across Devonta Smith and then draft a few DBs early, but who knows how things shake out?

I think Jackson might be a really good way to go. Bring in Jackson, bring in a good WR and fill out the roster in other places. Then go defense heavy in the first round of the draft and also focus on both lines. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Jackson might be a really good way to go. Bring in Jackson, bring in a good WR and fill out the roster in other places. Then go defense heavy in the first round of the draft and also focus on both lines. 

Agree with ya here. This is what I have working in my next mock draft.

• Like 1