Hurts SZN 2.0 mock 12.27.21

ibleedgreen1990

Re-Sign:

Anthony Harris - S (1 year deal)

Alex Singleton - LB

Boston Scott - RB

Cut/Let Walk:

Brandon Graham (eventually retires an Eagle)

Jason Kelce (Retire)

Brandin Brooks

Derek Barnett

Rodney Mcleod

Steven Nelson

Restructure:

Fletcher Cox 

Darius Slay

Position Changes:

Seumalu moves to C since Dickerson is doing really well at LG. Seumalu has some experience at center also and ultimately ends up as the back up this year anyway.

Free Agency:

Justin Reid - S -He moves on from the Texans who at one point had him not starting. Immediate upgrade for us. 

Donte Jackson - CB - Jackson is having his worst year statistically with "only" 2 picks. Panthers have Gilmore, Horn, Bouye, and Henderson so they likely wont pay Jackson. Very good speed and great start opposite Slay.

Allen Robinson - WR - Plug and play wr that Reagor can hopefully learn something from. Starts over Reagor.

Shaquem Griffen - LB - Hes a FA right now also, kinda just want to kick the tires on him. Dont think he makes a huge splash for us but could be a nice special teams move. Really good speed and can be used as a blitzer. 

Marcus Mariota - QB - Good decision making and some people call him the best back up in the league. Could push Hurts to start and likely makes Minshew tradeable since he is still very young

James Conner - RB - Stud RB that can be a 3 down back if needed. He will be our thunder to Sanders lightening. 

Ray Ray Mccloud - WR/KR - Instant starter at KR and PR and also allows us to keep stretching the field if Watkins ever goes down 

Draft:

1. Tyler Lindenbaum - C - Kelce replacement

1. David Ojabo - Edge- Our pass rusher that we can move all around and even put on the dline

1. Demarvin Leal - DE - Solid pass rushing DE

2. Brandon Smith - LB - We likely dont take a LB in round 1. Athletic LB with good upside.

3. Travon Walker - Dline - More depth with high upside and can play multiple spots

4. Zion Johnson - G - Need more depth at G after letting Brooks go and Seumalu moving to C

5. Bailey Zappe - QB - Underrated qb that we bring in to compete with Hurts and Minshew.

5. Bubba Bolden - S - Competition at S

5 . Andrew Vorhees - G - Depth at G

QB: Hurts, Mariota, Zappe (Minshew traded for future picks)

RB: Sanders, Conner, Gainwell, Scott

WR: Smith, Robinson, Watkins, Reagor, Mccloud, Jjaw, 

TE: Goedert, Jackson, Stoll

LT: Mailata, Dillard

LG: Dickerson, Vorhees

Center: Lindenbaum, Seumalu

RG: Herbig, Johnson

RT: Johnson, Driscoll

RE: Ojabo, Jackson, Walker

DT: Cox, Ridgeway, Walker

DT: Hargrave, Williams

LE: Leal, Sweat, Walker

OLB: Singleton, Griffen

ILB: Edwards, Bradley

OLB: Smith, Taylor

CB: Slay, Mcpherson

CB: Jackson, Gowan

Nickel: Maddox, Scott

FS: Harris, Bolden

SS: Reid, Epps

• Like 1

Hmm...REALLY hopeful with the FA pickups.  I don't like letting Kelce walk.  If he wants to retire, so be it, but if he plays next year it'll be here and nowhere else.  Leal is more of an interior lineman instead of an edge rusher and I doubt he lasts that long.  Ojabo will probably be gone before our picks also.  I'd rather keep Howard around than throw money at Connor too. Seumalo and Sweat make way too much money to backup younger players. I also would've liked to see some younger secondary players drafted early to develop.  

Very "pipe dreamish" but still a lot here I don't like...sorry. 

• Like 2

Solid offseason and great draft.

Few nitpicks;

- can’t keep restructering Cox’s contract. Just did that;

- both BG and Kelce are so incredibly important to this organisation and deserve to retire an Eagle. Can’t see the Eagles letting them both walk;

- Love Leal but although he can play on the outside, in a 4-3 he’s best suited to play DT IMO.

15 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Solid offseason and great draft.

Few nitpicks;

- can’t keep restructering Cox’s contract. Just did that;

- both BG and Kelce are so incredibly important to this organisation and deserve to retire an Eagle. Can’t see the Eagles letting them both walk;

- Love Leal but although he can play on the outside, in a 4-3 he’s best suited to play DT IMO.

I think Kelce hangs it up after this season. Graham I can see getting a 1 year to retire an Eagle but even if that happens I dont think we should assume he will contribute like he has been. It would purely be based on our love for the players and what he has done.. like i said I get it and I have a signed BG jersey I just dont think thats the way you build a team. 

Coxs cap hit is insane for next year. Whether he stays or gets traded he will have to get restructured. Kind of like you were thinking about Kelce and Graham I was thinking about Cox. He still does enough to be able to retire an Eagle and not get shown the door but not for his current price. 

I agree with Leal and thats kind of why I picked him. He can get moved all over and can also play DE when we put Ojabo as a blitzing linebacker in certain packages. 

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Draft:

1. David Ojabo - Edge- Our pass rusher that we can move all around and even put on the dline

I'm torn on this off season mock I have to be honest. On the one hand I think there are some decent moves but on the other I'd have real concerns at DE (despite drafting 2 DEs) and at S. But I do like the draft picks in the first. 

we've been predicting Kelce to retire for the past 3 years now, I wont even bother predicting he leaves anymore until it actually happens

Sweat would definitely start over one of Leal (more of a DT anyway) or Ojabo simply because he's a vet and likely more adjusted to the speed than either of them will be

also, one or both of Seumalo (if not starting at C) and Driscoll would start over Herbig at G

and i think you need to do something at TE.... god forbid Goedert got hurt in this scenario and were left with Jackson who id love to see do well given his height but hasnt been able to succeed much on field and Stoll who is serviceable but not a starting caliber pass catcher

I really like the top of your draft, but we're not on the same page on a bundle of other things. That being said, I enjoyed the read and the food for thought it provided. Here are some quick counter points - 

• Hope you're wrong about Kelce and Graham. 
  • We just don't have the money for all those free agents
  • We should be able to get something, even a third day pick for Brooks.
  • If we draft Linderbaum we don't have to move Seumalo to center. Isaac and Dickerson will be the backups at the center position
  • I'd prefer out FA LB (Alexander) and S (Williams) to come from the Saints who are $70M over the cap. That's about all the space we have for free agents.
  • With Dickerson, Seumalo, Driscoll, Opeta, and Awisoka we really don't need a guard in this draft - but you have 2. 
  • Zappe just isn't the guy I'd take. 
  • Ray is right - we're restructured Cox last year and I thnk they did something with Slay's contract also.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:33 AM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Draft:

You would have to take Leal with the 1st pick, he would not be available in the 20's.  Otherwise, good stuff

I see mocks with Lindenbaum and Leal both going before our first pick. 

With Leal off the board, maybe DL Jordan Davis is our first pick.

Lindenbaum is off the board as well, maybe OL Kenyon Green or WR Treylon Burks with our second pick.