Who will Most Likely to Move to SNF for Week 18 (Chargers vs. Raiders)

AlpineEagle

Sunday Night Football  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Week 18

• Cowboys @ Eagles
    • Patriots @ Dolphins
    • Chargers @ Raiders
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/2022 at 05:00 AM

All division match-ups in week 18 and it looks like most won't be worth a sheet. 

If Dallas can grab HFA with a win, and the Eagles need a win to get into the playoffs, that'll be the game. That requires GB losing to Minnesota at home next week which I really don't see happening. 

Pats/Dolphins is probably the next best bet, assuming Miami wins tonight and next week.

It can be Bengals @ Browns if Bengals lose to Chiefs, Ravens beat Rams, Steelers beat Browns, and other games have no meaning. In this case, if Bengals win, they win division. If Bengals were to lose, whoever wins between Steelers and Ravens would be division champions. OR if Bengals lose to Chiefs, Rams beat Ravens, and Browns beat Steelers, whoever wins between Bengals and Browns would be division champions. My pick for SNF.

It could be Jets @ Bills if Dolphins win their next 2 games, Bills lose to Falcons, Patriots lose to Jaguars (not likely), and no other game have any meaning. In this case, if Bills win, they win division. If Bills were to lose, whoever wins between Patriots and Dolphins would be division champions.

If the Dolphins Win vs. Titans and If the Patriots Win vs. Jaguars for Week 17

Week 18 Would be Patriots vs. Dolphins

It won’t be Eagles/Cowboys. The Cowboys already clinched the division. The Eagles could clinch a Wild Card as soon as this weekend. 

I think it’s likely to be on the AFC side since the race is so tight. I see a scenario where Browns/Bengals winner clinches the division, loser is out. 

I honestly don’t want the eagles to make the playoffs if they’re playing Dallas in WC round. This brings back memories of 2009 season in week 17 where NFCE was up for grabs and eagles lost to the boys in Dallas. Only to get thrashed the next week on WC weekend in Dallas :thumbdown:

• Like 1

I haven't watched a single second of a non-Eagles game this season (and don't plan to), so it really doesn't matter to me who plays when or where. 

2 hours ago, pisceschica said:

I honestly don’t want the eagles to make the playoffs if they’re playing Dallas in WC round. This brings back memories of 2009 season in week 17 where NFCE was up for grabs and eagles lost to the boys in Dallas. Only to get thrashed the next week on WC weekend in Dallas :thumbdown:

Watch out. Some here on EMB might roast you for this comment.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't watched a single second of a non-Eagles game this season (and don't plan to), so it really doesn't matter to me who plays when or where. 

Cowboys are team I want Eagles to play least. I Remember in 2009, Eagles won 6 straight games only to lose to Cowboys in back to back weeks and get eliminated in Playoffs. I was more confident in Eagles to beat Giants in Playoffs in 2008 than I was with beating Cowboys in Playoffs in 2009. Cowboys destroyed Eagles 41-21 in week 3.

14 hours ago, pisceschica said:

McNabb and his "air banjo" routine was a clear indication that they were going to get destroyed.

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 9:29 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

Cowboys are team I want Eagles to play least. I Remember in 2009, Eagles won 6 straight games only to lose to Cowboys in back to back weeks and get eliminated in Playoffs. I was more confident in Eagles to beat Giants in Playoffs in 2008 than I was with beating Cowboys in Playoffs in 2009. Cowboys destroyed Eagles 41-21 in week 3.

I can deal with the eagles losing WC but not to those bums; especially in a route in Dallas. Spare me the embarrassment. 

On 12/30/2021 at 6:57 AM, Mortimer said:

McNabb and his "air banjo" routine was a clear indication that they were going to get destroyed.

As soon as I saw it I lost all confidence In the team winning that day

2 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Yep.   I wasn't confident to start with, because I thought McNabb had already hit the wall.   Then he ran up and literally hit the wall - WTF?   It was so phony and cringey and also inappropriate, considering what happened the week before.   Even Vick put his head down in shame. 

On 12/29/2021 at 8:29 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

It's an interesting dilemma for sure. On one hand you want your team to make the playoffs because the road to the Super Bowl (albeit very unlikely that our team will be going this year) involves going to the playoffs. On the other hand, our most likely opponent based on seeding is our arch rival, the Cowboys, and they actually are a good team this year, thanks in large part to some strong drafting the past few years by their front office.

At this point, if the team has already won all these games to be on the cusp of the playoffs, minus well clinch the spot and give these young players a taste of playoff football, so they know how hard it is to win in the playoffs. Especially if we roll with Jalen Hurts as our QB1 next year.  Not to mention the domino effect that being a playoff team can have in regards to recruiting prospective free agents, etc...

Sure, we'd have a lower draft pick with our own 1st rounder, but that shouldn't take precedence over maximizing the player development of our current younger players by giving them valuable experience.

16 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

I never had confidence in that game anyway. McNabb looked dumb doing it, but it had no bearing on my thoughts towards the game. 

• Like 1

Knowing my luck it'll be our game. If we are in play off contention and the Cowboys still have something to play for then it'll definitely be our game. 

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I never had confidence in that game anyway. McNabb looked dumb doing it, but it had no bearing on my thoughts towards the game. 

Yeah but when do eagles fans truly feel confident going into dallas?  I know I don’t just because I want to beat them so bad. 

wts Dallas had their new goofy stadium with all the bells and whistles and the pregame had the vibe of wwf match or something.   And our qb got all caught up  it.   Unless your Dawkins is rather an "all business” approach.  

Would it be the Titans vs. Texans for SNF for Week 18 for the Clinching the AFC #1 Seed and a Bye Week with a Win?

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

We play Saturday night?

Yeah. And both Cowboys and Eagles clinched. They are playing for seeding, but they really can't change their situation: Cowboys won the division, they will host a game in the playoffs. The Packers clinched the first round bye, so the Cowboys can't have it. And the Eagles clinched a Wild Card, they will travel Wild Card weekend. Even if they beat the Cowboys, they can't win the division. I anticipate both teams should rest their starters. Bummer for a national game (Like Week 17 SNF last year, but a different situation for the teams.)

Does this mean the Eagles and Cowboys (and Chiefs) will play on Saturday, Wild Card weekend?