R.I.P. Bob Saget

iladelphxx

That's too bad. Full House wasn't a 'favorite' show, but it wasn't a bad show. 

Sounds like a possible heart attack scenario.

Goodbye to America's dad. Everybody my age grew up watching Full House and Americas Funniest Vidoes. Yet I feel there was no better actor to portray the narrator, the older Ted, on How I Met Your Mother. A fantastic funny show with a horrible name.

A genuine good man. Legend.

So Bob Saget, who directed Dirty Work, passed away as well as the star of the film Norm Macdonald.  

And somehow Artie Lange is the last one standing.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So Bob Saget, who directed Dirty Work, passed away as well as the star of the film Norm Macdonald.  

And somehow Artie Lange is the last one standing.

Don't forget Chris Farley was in it too.

Damn.

• 5 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Didn't Liam Neeson's wife die in a similar way?

I believe so. Others stars have died after hitting their heads. 

Ann B. Davis "Alice" from The Brady Bunch fell in the shower. Robert Culp, from I, Spy and The Greatest American Hero, died after falling and hitting his head.

There's a couple of others that I know of, but for the life of me, I can't remember who at the moment. I want to say Jeffrey Hunter, the original Captain of Star Trek's USS Enterprise (Captain Pike), but I don't think his was from a fall. 

You can slightly hit your head and die or be like my mother that was alone in her house years ago fell backwards in the garage and split her head open and blood was everywhere, she was unconscious for half an hour at least, woke up and went to the hospital, they said he was fine, needed to be stitched up but no lasting problems

People can also have preexisting conditions where blood vessels in the brain can become entangled and can rupture more easily, with or without trauma. 

My buddy just got diagnosed with having one at 42 and it's too deep for them to even do anything.... I'd almost rather not know at that point 

I knew a guy who was working on his car and slightly bumped his head on the hood. Changed his life forever, ended up with severe brain damage 

13 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I knew a guy who was working on his car and slightly bumped his head on the hood. Changed his life forever, ended up with severe brain damage 

About 25 or years ago, I had my car up on tire ramps, to change the oil filter and while trying to get it off I skipped and my head slammed into the metal ramp pretty hard. No blood, but later I realized that I had a concussion. 

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that Saget died in the way that he did.  

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

About 25 or years ago, I had my car up on tire ramps, to change the oil filter and while trying to get it off I skipped and my head slammed into the metal ramp pretty hard. No blood, but later I realized that I had a concussion. 

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that Saget died in the way that he did.  

Head injuries are so scary! I'm sure I've had many of them but, didn't realize it. The only one I know for sure was while playing backyard football I hit my head so hard I blacked out and still don't remember much of that day. 

My friends said they dragged me off the field but then I came back onto the field a few plays later and said I seemed fine..  until my best friend asked me if I was going to watch the eagles game and I asked when is that? For me not to know when the eagles game was very not normal lol. 

It was terrifying, I finally came through and I remember looking around and I was sitting on the living room chair covered in mud and I still had my cleats on. I immediately started crying because I had no clue where I was or who my parents were. My mom asked what happened and I said I didn't know and I don't remember any of my friends or family. She ended up getting a hold of my best friend and ripped him a new one for dragging me off the field and continuing to play football. 

My mom didn't want me to hang around him anymore, I was a 20 yr old I didn't think it was a big deal I was happy they were able to finish the game lol. 

Still freaks me out to this day to be missing almost a whole day in my life. Made me question life after death and everything. Wondering, is this what it is like when your brain dies? Just absolutely nothing but darkness? Gives me freaking chills! 

This is getting weird..... I bet he probably slipped in the shower and bashed his head against the tile floor or something. 

They said there were multiple fractures to the back of the head and that one actually spread to the frontal part of the skull. 

He was also Covid Positive..... I wonder if he fainted or something?