Lewis Cine (Georgia S) -- DRAFTED BY MINNESOTA #32

MidMoFo

He was all over the field in the national championship game and I love the physicality he brings. He’s probably going late 1st round or early 2nd, so Eagles may have to move around to make it a value pick (I wouldn’t mind if we use our last first on him).

Reminds me of one of my all time Eagle favorites. 🤐

At 6’1″, Cine has the requisite size for the position. Furthermore, he appears to possess impressive functional length. It’s no good being a tall safety if you have shorter arms that can’t impact the passing game. Cine ticks the boxes here. Additionally, he’s added 15 pounds between his sophomore and junior seasons. 

That is huge for a player whose physicality is the calling card of his game. Cine is a violent downhill hitter who puts his entire being behind every tackle. His hits shook multiple players at 185 pounds, so at 200 pounds, there may not be a man who can withstand his impact. 

-Oliver Hodgkinson

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/lewis-cine-georgia-s-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

He's got an awful lot going for him athletically, but will have to learn to tone it down a little.

Some of that hitting was deemed OK in the NFL back in the day, but he'll be a yellow flag magnet these days.

It's a pity Dawk isn't still on the staff as he'd be the perfect mentor.

• Like 1

don’t know much about him but highlights seem to show he is better vs the run then the pass because i saw him making a lot of tackles after the ball was caught and not many pass breakups. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cine definitely seems like a guy who can come downhill quick out of a 2-deep shell. He was really all over the place in the championship. Ideally, he could be paired up with a premium FA (e.g., M.Williams) and Epps serves as a bridge/reserve.

D0978D7E-58AF-46EE-A098-222274CB49C2.jpeg

On 1/15/2022 at 5:09 PM, Couch Potato said:

He's got an awful lot going for him athletically, but will have to learn to tone it down a little.

Some of that hitting was deemed OK in the NFL back in the day, but he'll be a yellow flag magnet these days.

It's a pity Dawk isn't still on the staff as he'd be the perfect mentor.

If it puts fear in the minds of WRs catching the ball near him then I dont care if he gets a few flags for laying someone out. If its a legal hit, I'm fine with it. 

This is a contact sport. Can't believe someone actually says to tone it down. And you call yourself an Eagles fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big hitter with a determined attitude. I like him. He'll need development like all rookies do, but he can get there. Lets see how he tests.

18 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Big hitter with a determined attitude. I like him. He'll need development like all rookies do, but he can get there. Lets see how he tests.

I'm hoping that they bring in a FA (M.Williams?) and draft Cine, where Epps can be the bridge until the rookie is up to speed.  Some folks really like Epps and think he's starter material - I'm not willing to go that far, as I thought he looked better that Harris/McCleod which is a low bar in the 2021 season but is ideally a quality reserve/STer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I'm hoping that they bring in a FA (M.Williams?) and draft Cine, where Epps can be the bridge until the rookie is up to speed.  Some folks really like Epps and think he's starter material - I'm not willing to go that far, as I thought he looked better that Harris/McCleod which is a low bar in the 2021 season but is ideally a quality reserve/STer.

I like this and would like this approach. I do like Epps as a good rotational guy but I don't think he's a starter in the league. He's a hard hitter and I love that attitude that he brings but yeah I don't think he's a starter. 

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like this and would like this approach. I do like Epps as a good rotational guy but I don't think he's a starter in the league. He's a hard hitter and I love that attitude that he brings but yeah I don't think he's a starter. 

Kempski (Philly Voice) just pitched Edmunds 25yr/old safety from PIT as a potential FA target. Other than being a former 1st round pick, and filling up the spider chart I don’t know much about him.

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Kempski (Philly Voice) just pitched Edmunds 25yr/old safety from PIT as a potential FA target. Other than being a former 1st round pick, and filling up the spider chart I don’t know much about him.

I mean look I'm good with that. I'm good with them adding Williams if they can. I'm good with them bringing in Cine if they can. They need to add playmakers to the secondary no doubt.