Daniel Jeremiah 2022 NFL Mock Draft 1.0

eaglesfan0075

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-among-3-qbs

Eagles picks:

15. George Karlaftis DE Purdue

16. Drake London WR USC

19. Kenyon Green OG Texas A&M

Interesting to note regarding some EMB favorites:

WR Treylon Burks was mocked at 8th overall to the Falcons - I can see Burks going high like this as he has drawn player comparisons to AJ Brown 

DE David Ojabo was mocked at 23rd overall to the Cardinals - He's raw, so I think the draft window is wide with Ojabo, he really can go earlier or later

C Tyler Lindenbaum was mocked 25th overall to the Bengals - Positional value of a center is the only reason why I think Lindenbaum would go this late in the first

Personally, I wouldn't hate this draft per se if we're staying put with our current draft slots, but would prefer the Eagles going in a different direction at 19.

Maybe double dip on DE with Ojabo or a DT like Jordan Davis (mocked 21st to the Patriots, or maybe draft a CB like Kaiir Elam or Roger McCreary?

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Personally, I wouldn't hate this draft per se if we're staying put with our current draft slots, but would prefer the Eagles going in a different direction at 19.

They'd pass on Linderbaum and on Ojabo. I'd be pretty peed off at that. 

Don't think Howie will go WR again in the First Round. Rather see a CB at that spot.

not a fan not huge on drafting wr in the first and i think the center has more talent so if going oline that high i would draft him and keep dickerson at guard. i would prefer 

a combo of S/cb, DE, DT/LB would be very nice using those 3 first round picks in my opinion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

not a fan not huge on drafting wr in the first and i think the center has more talent so if going oline that high i would draft him and keep dickerson at guard. i would prefer 

a combo of S/cb, DE, DT/LB would be very nice using those 3 first round picks in my opinion.

Agreed I don't see him going WR in the first again. And to be honest I'm not sure that he should. He's not very good at drafting WR. He needs to get a good veteran in here. 

Definitely dont want another first round receiver right after taking Smitty in round 1 last year and Reagor before that. Go get one in free agency and Watkins is your 3. Id also be pretty pissed if we took a guard over the best center in this draft class. Overall I would not like this at all and would not consider this a good way of using three firsts.

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Definitely dont want another first round receiver right after taking Smitty in round 1 last year and Reagor before that. Go get one in free agency and Watkins is your 3. Id also be pretty pissed if we took a guard over the best center in this draft class. Overall I would not like this at all and would not consider this a good way of using three firsts.

Green at guard and Dickerson to center would be a nice combo- imagine those combo blocks on DTs and then Dickerson releasing downfield. Green can play guard and tackle while due to size Linderbaum is likely a center only.  WR in 1st is a maddening thought.  Has to be a CB and a good one should be available.

2 hours ago, Freshmilk said:

Green at guard and Dickerson to center would be a nice combo- imagine those combo blocks on DTs and then Dickerson releasing downfield. Green can play guard and tackle while due to size Linderbaum is likely a center only.  WR in 1st is a maddening thought.  Has to be a CB and a good one should be available.

I just don't love that idea. I don't love moving Dickerson when he's been so good at LG.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just don't love that idea. I don't love moving Dickerson when he's been so good at LG.

I'm torn.  It's possible he is a better Center prospect than Linderbaum.  Dickerson/Mailata on the left side for the next 6 years would be pretty sweet.  It's a win win for me but understand wanting to keep Dickerson at LG.

12 hours ago, Freshmilk said:

I'm torn.  It's possible he is a better Center prospect than Linderbaum.  Dickerson/Mailata on the left side for the next 6 years would be pretty sweet.  It's a win win for me but understand wanting to keep Dickerson at LG.

But Linderbaum is legitimately very good or at least in college he is. In the NFL we know that Dickerson is really good at LG. I just wouldn't mess with it but that's just me. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But Linderbaum is legitimately very good or at least in college he is. In the NFL we know that Dickerson is really good at LG. I just wouldn't mess with it but that's just me. 

Yep, it's something to think about.  Remember, Dickerson was also considered a 1st round Center last season.  If he doesn't hurt his knee he isn't an Eagle.

well we all want some combo of corner,safety,lb, De, Dt pretty much so the eagles probably go two oline men and some small fast wr to keep us on our toes.

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

well we all want some combo of corner,safety,lb, De, Dt pretty much so the eagles probably go two oline men and some small fast wr to keep us on our toes.

I would be shocked if Howie doesn't use one of those firsts on a DE/DT prospect given our history of drafting DL in the first round, even before Howie took the GM position. OL is certainly in the mix and maybe we finally get a CB, but I can't see him taking a LB or S in round 1.

I wouldn't rule out double dipping on the DL, with Cox getting older and possibly being moved on draft day. DeMarvin Leal fits the mold of the athletic DT that the Eagles traditionally like, but someone like Jordan Davis would make sense if we commit to a 3-4. Maybe they double up on DE?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I would be shocked if Howie doesn't use one of those firsts on a DE/DT prospect given our history of drafting DL in the first round, even before Howie took the GM position. OL is certainly in the mix and maybe we finally get a CB, but I can't see him taking a LB or S in round 1.

I wouldn't rule out double dipping on the DL, with Cox getting older and possibly being moved on draft day. DeMarvin Leal fits the mold of the athletic DT that the Eagles traditionally like, but someone like Jordan Davis would make sense if we commit to a 3-4. Maybe they double up on DE?

i did one of those mocks where i actually traded down towards the end of round 1 with one of the picks and ended up selecting two DE and a DT in the first round i felt really good about it.

Karlaftis...what a joke. He'll get swallowed up on the next level.

Green isn’t worth the pick when we have Driscoll at RG, Dickerson at LG, Kelce at Center and Samuelo is the first off the bench for everything but LT. He can also play LT but I don’t think he would be our first option.