Malik Hooker (Cowboys DB) -- RE-SIGNED WITH DALLAS

Wentzylvania

I saw his fifth year option was declined by the Colts. I know he hasn’t played up to his potential but he’s super athletic and has incredible ball skills. Rodney Mcleod is getting up there in age and is on a short deal. I think Hooker could come in and compete and be a nice future complementary piece to Wallace. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

I'm for it actually. I like Hooker, I think he's a good safety at a position of need for us. He may benefit from a change in scenery and a change in scheme. Worth a look i think. 

• Like 1

I’ve never said no to a hooker before so ... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

So you’re telling me there is a chance. 

I’d love it, but I’m hoping our safety duo for the next few years is on the roster already between Mills/Wallace/Maddox (if he doesn’t work out at corner).

Though I wouldn’t be mad at all with Hooker!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

I’d love it, but I’m hoping our safety duo for the next few years is on the roster already between Mills/Wallace/Maddox (if he doesn’t work out at corner).

But I think Hooker could replace McLeod and then Wallace to replace that Jenkins role. 

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But I think Hooker could replace McLeod and then Wallace to replace that Jenkins role. 

I'm hoping Mills can be that Jenkins player. I think he has the tools and definitely has the football IQ.

As for that deep safety McLeod role I think Maddox is the perfect guy for that! Thought ideally he works out at corner and Wallace steps up back there. Can't forget about Parks too! He's a solid third safety but who knows if playing for his hometown team raises his game.

2 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

I'm hoping Mills can be that Jenkins player. I think he has the tools and definitely has the football IQ.

As for that deep safety McLeod role I think Maddox is the perfect guy for that! Thought ideally he works out at corner and Wallace steps up back there. Can't forget about Parks too! He's a solid third safety but who knows if playing for his hometown team raises his game.

So where does Wallace step in? Because I thought Wallace was more of a SS than a FS? I know he's got some speed though so probably offers some versatility.

Torn ACL and MCL in 2017 and hasn't been the same player since. Add him to the Sidney Jones list of rehab projects. Maybe if we get him as a FA he will be yet another year away from the injury and have more confidence. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So where does Wallace step in? Because I thought Wallace was more of a SS than a FS? I know he's got some speed though so probably offers some versatility.

I think he can play both. Hoping he is a bit of a do it all type safety.

• Like 1

I just went back and watched some film on Hooker from his time at Ohio State. I can’t help myself when I watch him play he reminds me so much of Ed Reed. 

• Like 1

I'm down just because of the last name

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

I’ve never said no to a hooker before so ... 

That means you have some to spare...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Godfather said:

I'm down just because of the last name

Hooker gets Cox a sack by sticking the receiver of the ball. 

Rather make a move for Jamal Adams. He has the attitude and on the field/off the field leader presence we need. 

19 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

No thanks.  Don't need any bums from some school in Ohio

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Hooker gets Cox a sack by sticking the receiver of the ball. 

Makes you wish we still had Big V

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Rather make a move for Jamal Adams. He has the attitude and on the field/off the field leader presence we need. 

No way the Eagles will get Adams. He will want to be the highest paid Safety in football. The eagles do not invest that much money into the safety position. Not to mention with the salary cap likely to go down due to COVID-19 the Eagles are in the worse case cap-wise for the 2021 season. I think they sit at $50m over cap for 2021. The closest team to them is at like $9m. Will never happen

• Like 1

Doesnt stop me from dreaming :)

46 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Doesnt stop me from dreaming 🙂

Of a Hooker? Or M.Hooker? 😁

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Of a Hooker? Or M.Hooker? 😁

Jamal Adams. I'd take him over the hooker. 🙂

I don’t see the Eagles bringing him in - I think they want to see what they have in the group of safeties on the roster now. I think Mills is going to impress this year as a deep safety. He looked good and made plays during the Hawks regular season game when we were banged up at safety.

HUGE fan of K’Von...he’s going to be our long term solution at SS.

• 2 weeks later...

He is completely miscast in the colts defense.  He is a single high safety and that isn't what they run.  IMO he is a good fit with the Eagles D, if the price is right.  Wallace is more the Jenkins role.

4 minutes ago, proveagle said:

He is completely miscast in the colts defense.  He is a single high safety and that isn't what they run.  IMO he is a good fit with the Eagles D, if the price is right.  Wallace is more the Jenkins role.

Wait, I thought Wallace was Dawkins? :)

• Like 1