Malik Hooker (Cowboys DB) -- RE-SIGNED WITH DALLAS

Wentzylvania

On 5/22/2020 at 3:48 AM, DeathByEagle said:

Wait, I thought Wallace was Dawkins? 🙂

Correct he is. 

• 8 months later...

Has experience with Gannon. Is talented and has been good. Issue his he has been prone to getting hurt. Was one of the best cover safety prospects I’ve seen coming out of college from DBU.

• Like 1

No cap space which pretty much means we are signing basement bargain players to fill any holes after the draft.

I’d be open to him as a player. Just don’t know if he’d be available to play for us when we need him.

I wanted to draft him over Barnett. When healthy he's a great player. Key is when healthy, he hasn't played a full season yet and is coming off an Achilles. He definitely needs a prove it year or two. I don't think his price tag will be too high and believe Howie will find a way to give us some cap room despite people loosing their minds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

I wanted to draft him over Barnett. When healthy he's a great player. Key is when healthy, he hasn't played a full season yet and is coming off an Achilles. He definitely needs a prove it year or two. I don't think his price tag will be too high and believe Howie will find a way to give us some cap room despite people loosing their minds. 

Woulda been the PERFECT fit as the deep safety in Schwartz defense. Barnett was worth it for the ring tho.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Woulda been the PERFECT fit as the deep safety in Schwartz defense. Barnett was worth it for the ring tho.

Yea. Getting Hooker made too much sense, just fell into our laps. 

• 1 month later...

It’s a shame that he’s experience some pretty severe injuries. His tape from Ohio State was incredible a couple years ago. He’s a true ball hawking safety who can do it all. I think the Eagles could sign him to a fairly cheap deal with the hopes that he can regain his former play.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wentzylvania said:

It’s a shame that he’s experience some pretty severe injuries. His tape from Ohio State was incredible a couple years ago. He’s a true ball hawking safety who can do it all. I think the Eagles could sign him to a fairly cheap deal with the hopes that he can regain his former play.

...and stay healthy!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 8:51 AM, Wentzylvania said:

Regain his former play? He hasn't been any good even in his healthy seasons. 

56 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Regain his former play? He hasn't been any good even in his healthy seasons. 

He’s had a good start to his career. He has never been bad lol.

4 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Visit with Dallas next week 😞

After signing 2 safeties this past week I doubt he'd be in play here.  But as a Buckeyes and Eagles fan, I can see why you wouldn't want him to sign there.  

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Still want him.

Is he still out there? Man I'd absolutely bring him in. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is a Howie type signing. Guy with an injury history on a 1 year prove it deal. Surprised it hasn't happen yet. It would make @Jenkins27 wet the bed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Godfather said:

This is a Howie type signing. Guy with an injury history on a 1 year prove it deal. Surprised it hasn't happen yet. It would make @Jenkins27 wet the bed

I don't think it's going to happen. They signed Harris so I don't think they go back in to the safety market. Even though I wish that they would. 

• Sad 1

Shocked more teams didn't kick the tires.....what was the worst that could happen? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think it's going to happen. They signed Harris so I don't think they go back in to the safety market. Even though I wish that they would. 

Maybe they sign him to play CB lol