Don "Wink" Martindale (ex-Ravens DC) -- HIRED BY N.Y. GIANTS (DC)

Wallyhorse

He basically held the Ravens together given all of the injuries they had in Baltimore on the defensive side.

If Gannon does leave to be an HC, I would immediately be on the phone to him to replace Gannon. 

• Like 1

I was certainly surprised to see him get fired. He should bounce back with a DC job elsewhere pretty easily. 

All we have to do is hope that Gannon secures one of these HC jobs, because our FO isn't letting him go after a playoff appearance in what was considered a rebuilding year.

The Texans are bringing Gannon in for a 2nd interview!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10024596-texans-rumors-eagles-dc-jonathan-gannon-to-have-2nd-interview-with-houston

A bunch of quality options are now out there for the Eagles to replace Gannon: Vic Fangio, Mike Zimmer, Don Martindale, Brian Flores (if he doesn't get a HC job)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

A bunch of quality options are now out there for the Eagles to replace Gannon: Vic Fangio, Mike Zimmer, Don Martindale, Brian Flores (if he doesn't get a HC job)

The Eagles need to act fast because the longer they leave it the less options they'll have. They should let Gannon go, not fire him as such, so he can pursue these HC roles with no ties. 😊

Ravens more then likely fired Wink because they see better options in Vic Fangio, Zimmer and Flores. 

I would rather have Fangio or Flores as my top options. However Flores scares me cause he could get a HC gig in the near future creating a hole to fill. I dont see Fangio taking a HC job so I would like him over all the rest. 

40 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Ravens more then likely fired Wink because they see better options in Vic Fangio, Zimmer and Flores. 

I would rather have Fangio or Flores as my top options. However Flores scares me cause he could get a HC gig in the near future creating a hole to fill. I dont see Fangio taking a HC job so I would like him over all the rest. 

Shame the Eagles haven't acted so quickly. 

Fangio is also a NEPA native (originally from Dunmore, PA). Would be cool to see him as the Eagles DC, as a bonus. Outside of the upgrade he would be at defensive coordinator of course.