Ben Rapedherburger retires

Captain F

Pittsburgh Honors Ben Roethlisberger With Commemorative Statue In Women’s Bathroom

JRQGwiU.jpg

PITTSBURGH—Saluting the legacy of a quarterback who brought two Super Bowls to the city and did so much to local women, Pittsburgh honored a retiring Ben Roethlisberger Thursday with a new commemorative statue in a local women’s bathroom. "We can’t think of a more fitting tribute to this Pittsburgh hero than a monument towering over the women using the restroom at this bar,” said Mayor Ed Gainey, noting Roethlisberger’s outsized impact on the community that would inspire young players and therapy sessions for years to come. "Ben was unrelenting and tenacious on the field, and even more so off of it. He was famous for extending plays and never letting adversity in any form get him down. The one thing you could say about him, if you weren’t gagged by an NDA, was that he never took no for an answer.” At press time, the city had brushed off criticism of the statue by noting that it had recently become a born-again Christian.

• Haha 4

On 2/1/2022 at 6:08 PM, NOTW said:

Bye Ben:

no-one-cares-spotlight.gif

It's weird isn't it?? I hear no one at work talking about it, I keep forgetting that he retired. Then I remember and then not care and well not much happening in this thread either lol. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's weird isn't it?? I hear no one at work talking about it, I keep forgetting that he retired. Then I remember and then not care and well not much happening in this thread either lol. 

I didn't even realize he was still playing this season. :lol:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I live in PA and I still don't hear sheet about it! There was a time during the season I thought he was out for the year or something. Freaking bizarre. 

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

I wouldn't call the season he had "playing".