Mock offseason - and 3 round mock.

ManchesterEagle

Free agency

Sign Derek Barnett - 5 years 75 million - we need somebody to come up with a clutch roughing the passer penalty on 3rd downs and Derek is the main guy for the job.

(Only kidding)

Real Free agency.

WR - Allen Robinson - 3 years 45 million. 15 million signing bonus, 28 million guaranteed. Robinson is a risk to be sure and won't be cheap. But you are getting a potential legitimate number 1 receiver who should perfectly compliment Smith for a reasonable price. Robinson should help Hurts a lot and if we move on from Hurts in 2023, there should be a really good foundation of an offense for our next QB to move into.

S - Quandry Diggs - 3 years 24 million. 8 million signing bonus 15 million guaranteed. I would definitely be looking at Marcus Williams, but I don't think we can realistically afford him and Robinson, so I check down to Diggs. Deep FS and a playmaker, hopefully adding some needed turnovers to a D that needs to be rejuvenated. Diggs broke his leg, but all reports say he should be okay for training camp - will also keep the price down.

CB - Joe Haden - 1 year 3.5 million. I'm definitely exploring bringing Nelson back for a year, but I suspect he will want/get a multi year contract and with us already having Slay, we want to be getting younger long term, so I'll be looking at the draft, but I think we need a veteran CB to hold a spot down until the rookie/Zech M is ready to start. Haden should thrive in Gannon's scheme.

Tender

G - Nate Herbig - No brainer for me - Herbig has been an invaluable back-up and played well over the past couple of years.

LB - Alex Singleton - Decent but limited linebacker. Had a solid season and worth bringing him back.

Draft 2022

15 - Trade - Eagles trade pick 15 to Detroit for pick 32 and a 2023 first rounder - This is my dream trade. Detroit take one of the DEs at 2, but want to get ahead of the Saints and Steelers for a QB. Eagles hold fire on a QB in a weak class and with the jury still being out on Hurts. But with two firsts next year they will have every opportunity and may even have an outside shot at Young or Stroud

16 - Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner - CB - Gardner should really go top 10, so we would luck out if he lands here. Would immediately challenge Haden to partner with Slay and would become our number 1 CB over time.

19 - David Ojabo - Edge - Addresses another major need. Raw project, but we can ease him into the rotation and the upside is huge.

32 - Daxton Hill - S - Eagles continue to add much needed help to the D - Hill would be great value here and would work well alongside Diggs.

51 - Christian Harris - LB - Eagles still don't go LB in the first, but add an athletic prospect in Harris who should immediately compete for playing time. The kind of playmaking linebacker Gannon needs.

83 - Jalen Wydermyer - TE - Eagles need a legitimate number 2 TE behind Goedert and another red zone target - and Wydermyer fits the bill.

Rounds 4 - 6 - 5 picks left and I haven't looked at the later prospects yet, but as we all know it's a bit of a lottery after the 3rd. I'm looking to add on both lines, another RB in the Howard mould and a WR flyer.

• Like 4

Solid mock, you did a good job addressing our key needs with an extra pick in 2023 with the Lions trade. The free agent signings are also good.

I'm curious to see if Allen Robinson signs a multi year contract or goes for a 1-year prove it deal to push for one last big money deal. In either case I'd think he'd be a solid pickup.

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I like the mock.  FA signings not so much.  Allen Robinson is not a fit.  He'll be 29 by the time next season starts.  Doesn't make sense to get an older FA on this team.  He fits better on a team that is one piece away.  We certainly aren't.  By the time we have a real QB, he'll be done.  

Thanks re mock. 

I don’t want to get into another Hurts argument here, but even taking him out of the equation, I think the WR room could clearly benefit from a good veteran presence and if we do draft a QB in 2023, Robinson would only be 30 and I think would really help a rookie.

It’s on D that we desperately need to get younger in my view.

• Like 1

Love the draft but you lost me a bit with the Barnett signing. 😂 😂 😂

Serious though, I like it a lot... 

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 12:34 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

Real Free agency.

WR - Allen Robinson - 3 years 45 million. 15 million signing bonus, 28 million guaranteed. Robinson is a risk to be sure and won't be cheap. But you are getting a potential legitimate number 1 receiver who should perfectly compliment Smith for a reasonable price. Robinson should help Hurts a lot and if we move on from Hurts in 2023, there should be a really good foundation of an offense for our next QB to move into.

S - Quandry Diggs - 3 years 24 million. 8 million signing bonus 15 million guaranteed. I would definitely be looking at Marcus Williams, but I don't think we can realistically afford him and Robinson, so I check down to Diggs. Deep FS and a playmaker, hopefully adding some needed turnovers to a D that needs to be rejuvenated. Diggs broke his leg, but all reports say he should be okay for training camp - will also keep the price down.

CB - Joe Haden - 1 year 3.5 million. I'm definitely exploring bringing Nelson back for a year, but I suspect he will want/get a multi year contract and with us already having Slay, we want to be getting younger long term, so I'll be looking at the draft, but I think we need a veteran CB to hold a spot down until the rookie/Zech M is ready to start. Haden should thrive in Gannon's scheme.

Tender

The Manchester Eagle flies!!

How do we sign Kelce and our draft picks, have a couple of million available for in-season contingencies, and still sign these 3 with only $24 million available?

7 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

The Manchester Eagle flies!!

How do we sign Kelce and our draft picks, have a couple of million available for in-season contingencies, and still sign these 3 with only $24 million available?

I believe that Brooks retiring will free up some space to sign the rookies. 

My contracts would work on the basis of low cap hits in the first year. Robinson for example would be 1 million base salary and 5 million of the bonus. All in - should be around 13 million for the free agents - should be doable with a Kelce rework and a restructure or two.

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Love the draft but you lost me a bit with the Barnett signing. 😂 😂 😂

Serious though, I like it a lot... 

Thanks Ray. As time goes on, I fear that Gardner and Ojabo will be gone by the time we pick. Your choices, Johnson and Booth (or perhaps McDuffie at 19 or after a trade down) make sense.

• Thanks 1