Eagles Mock Draft (02-12-2022)

Ray75

Probably my last before FA.

Still wouldn’t surprise me if Howie trades for Wilson but in this scenario I assume he was telling the truth in his end of the season presser. What else was he going to say? That they don’t like Hurts and are going to trade for a vet or draft a QB in the first? If I were the GM I would have said exactly the same...

So Hurts is our starting QB for 2022 and Minchew isn’t going anywhere. Okay?! We’ll see...

If I had to build this team, I’d use all my draft picks on the BPA’s at a position of need and re-evaluate the QB position after the 2022 season.

If Hurts doesn’t take the next step and with that doesn’t prove he’s the guy, we’re probably picking in the same range as this year or even a couple of spots higher. If that’s the case, I’d sell the farm to trade up into the top 5 for my franchise QB. You already used 2022 to bolster your roster and probably are a QB away from being a contender in the NFC. Perfect situation for the kid; good OL, weapons already in place, solid defense, NFC wide open etc, etc.

Enough said! Here ya go...

Re-sign;

Brandon Graham (1 yr), Jason Kelce (1 yr),, Nate Herbig, Rodney McCleod (1 yr)

Let walk;;

Brandon Brooks retired

Derek Barnett (cap savings $7,2 million)

New contract/restructure;

Darius Slay (cap savings; $10-12 million).

FA;

Christian Kirk, WR, Arizona Cardinals

Terrell Edmunds, S, Pittsburgh Steelers

Mo Alie-Cox, TE, Indianapolis Colts

Draft;

1) Jermaine Johnson II, DE, FSU;

1) Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson;

1) Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas;

2) Brian Asamoah, LB, Oklahoma;

3) Marquise Hayes, OG, Oklahoma;.

4) Brian Robinson Jr., RB, Alabama;

5) Yusuf Corker, S, Kentucky;

5) Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah;

5) Ali Gaye, DE, LSU;

6) LaBryan Ray, DT, Alabama;

• Like 3

I hope we re-sign the three Vets, that would be good and I think the FA signings are CAP appropriate along with the 3 of ours you have us signing.   Would have to hope Edmonds can maintain his good play.  At 25 years old coming off his best season and I think it's a good addition.  Kirk is one of my "hope we sign" guys.  Especially if we end up with Burks in the draft.  Smith and Burks outside with Kirk in the slot for 11 personnel would be sweet.  The options for 12 personnel would also be nice.

I'd be thrilled if Booth lasts to us.  Johnson too.

• Like 1

Oh my days... I love this. Kirk and Burks? Wow and then add Johnson and Booth Jr to the defense? And Edmunds... Holy cow that could be revolutionary. 

• Thanks 1

Loving those 3 x R1 picks, that would be absolutely awesome. 

Thinking that Asamoah is perhaps more of a R3 player than R2. You already know that I'd prefer Muma at 52! :lol:

If you are going with a Day 2 LB/OG combo, how about the uber-versatile Jamaree Salyer in R2 and Asamoah in R3?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Couch Potato said:

Loving those 3 x R1 picks, that would be absolutely awesome. 

Thinking that Asamoah is perhaps more of a R3 player than R2. You already know that I'd prefer Muma at 52! :lol:

If you are going with a Day 2 LB/OG combo, how about the uber-versatile Jamaree Salyer in R2 and Asamoah in R3?

Thx, my friend.

I’d have no problem with that combo but cause Asamoah arguably had a better senior bowl week than Muma I’m guessing the former’s stock is rising while the latter’s stock is slipping a bit.

You know how much I like Muma but you also know how things can turn out if you somewhat disappoint at Senior Bowl practices, in the Bowl game itself, combine, pro day etc etc. Crucial for your draft stock...

Plus I wanted to throw in some new names. 😂

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 12:16 PM, Ray75 said:

Probably my last before FA.

Still wouldn’t surprise me if Howie trades for Wilson but in this scenario I assume he was telling the truth in his end of the season presser. What else was he going to say? That they don’t like Hurts and are going to trade for a vet or draft a QB in the first? If I were the GM I would have said exactly the same...

So Hurts is our starting QB for 2022 and Minchew isn’t going anywhere. Okay?! We’ll see...

If I had to build this team, I’d use all my draft picks on the BPA’s at a position of need and re-evaluate the QB position after the 2022 season.

If Hurts doesn’t take the next step and with that doesn’t prove he’s the guy, we’re probably picking in the same range as this year or even a couple of spots higher. If that’s the case, I’d sell the farm to trade up into the top 5 for my franchise QB. You already used 2022 to bolster your roster and probably are a QB away from being a contender in the NFC. Perfect situation for the kid; good OL, weapons already in place, solid defense, NFC wide open etc, etc.

Enough said! Here ya go...

Re-sign;

Brandon Graham (1 yr), Jason Kelce (1 yr),, Nate Herbig, Rodney McCleod (1 yr)

Let walk;;

Brandon Brooks retired

Derek Barnett (cap savings $7,2 million)

New contract/restructure;

Darius Slay (cap savings; $10-12 million).

FA;

Christian Kirk, WR, Arizona Cardinals

Terrell Edmunds, S, Pittsburgh Steelers

Mo Alie-Cox, TE, Indianapolis Colts

Draft;

1) Jermaine Johnson II, DE, FSU;

1) Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson;

1) Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas;

2) Brian Asamoah, LB, Oklahoma;

3) Marquise Hayes, OG, Oklahoma;.

4) Brian Robinson Jr., RB, Alabama;

5) Yusuf Corker, S, Kentucky;

5) Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah;

5) Ali Gaye, DE, LSU;

6) LaBryan Ray, DT, Alabama;

Not much 'wow-factor' but pretty good. I'd not be mad if it played out like that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Infam said:

Not much 'wow-factor' but pretty good. I'd not be mad if it played out like that.

I’m curious what has to happen for you to be blown away by Howie this offseason?

A trade for who?! Signing which FA’s?! Taking who exactly in the first?

Just a question. In every other year, I could have given you a clear answer on what I’d like Howie to do. This year not so much. I like multiple FA’s and draft prospects but there’s no one I desperately want the Eagles to get.

18 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I’m curious what has to happen for you to be blown away by Howie this offseason?

Just a question. In every other year, I could have given you a clear answer on what I’d like Howie to do. This year not so much. I like multiple FA’s and draft prospects but there’s no one I desperately want the Eagles to get.

My number one 'feel good' target is Linderbaum. And I really would like us to draft Faalele.. On defense things are less clear to me too, I agree with DE and CB but not as set on a particular target either. I guess I still like Elam and Leal, but there are multiple options there. Oh and we do need a veteran receiver, preferably Mike Williams.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I like it Ray. Similar to mine, but probably more realistic, as I’m pretty sure Gardner will be gone and Ojabo may well be. Love Johnson and Booth if those two are gone.

Like most of the signings and re-signings as well.

If I had to pick holes, I’d probably say that I feel another WR in the first is overkill, particularly if we get a WR like Kirk. I appreciate Burks adds a different skill set though. 

I’d also add a stop-gap corner if possible in free agency. I’m not convinced McPherson can start yet and I wouldn’t want a rookie corner having to start by default.

I’m torn on McLeod. Can’t decide whether it’s the right time to cut ties. I’d love to add a young safety in the first couple of rounds, but I guess you can’t hit every need.

• Thanks 1

Not only solid - but very realistic. 

Let's hope Howie pills some rabbits out of his hat during free agency. 

• Thanks 1

Big :thumbsup: if things played out like this, I'd like it!  That said, I think it's a very low percentage chance that Howie will actually use one of their 1st's on another WR.  

Hey Ray:

I recall Howie saying the same thing about Wentz before he drafted Hurts. LOL. 

Like your draft. Free Agency will change things clearly. Like your FA targets. Maybe add a CB to that list as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Hey Ray:

I recall Howie saying the same thing about Wentz before he drafted Hurts. LOL. 

Like your draft. Free Agency will change things clearly. Like your FA targets. Maybe add a CB to that list as well.

I’ve never trusted that guy. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he’s already working on a trade for a vet or has fallen in love with one of the QB’s in the draft. Don’t think he was lying in that presser cause if they do draft a QB, Jalen would probably start at the beginning of the season.

They have a bunch of young corners in Vincent, Gowan and McPhearson. I assume one will pan out?!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I’ve never trusted that guy. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he’s already working on a trade for a vet or has fallen in love with one of the QB’s in the draft. Don’t think he was lying in that presser cause if they do draft a QB, Jalen would probably start at the beginning of the season.

They have a bunch of young corners in Vincent, Gowan and McPhearson. I assume one will pan out?!

Lying sounds harsh in that context. I wouldn't want my GM to telegraph his plan, that's just weak. Like, why would the Colts tell everyone they want to move on from Wentz. That's not how you generate value. So think about Roseman what you want, but the more smoke the better for the team. It's one of the reasons he has had a lot of success dumping players that are clearly done. Like Wentz and Bradford for first round picks - if he was "honest" about his plans we would have gotten third rounders for them.