2.19.22 Mock - Another Scenario

ibleedgreen1990

Throwing another scenario out there. We have a bunch of our core guys getting older in Kelce, Graham, Lane Johnson, Slay, and Cox. All of these guys COULD be done within the next 2 years. In this mock we plan to get their replacements asap and have a seamless transition. We made the playoffs last year.. it was the first year in a new system with a first year coach and a first year starter at qb. We can expect some growth from everyone in the second year and also try to fill a few holes where we are lacking.

Cut/Let Walk-

Derek Barnett

Rodney McCloud

Genard Avery

Boston Scott

Ryan Kerrigan

JJaw

Restructure -

Fletcher Cox

Issac Seumalo

Extend-

Darius Slay - This move frees up cap in itself. About 12 mil.

Jason Kelce (1 year team friendly deal with tons of workout/starting incentives)

Brandon Graham (same type of deal as Kelce)

Anthony Harris- 1 or two year deal. Did ok last year and flashed occasionally. Good not great.

Free Agency-

Yes, no safety in this offseason. We keep Harris for another year and him/Epps get the start. For now. Id throw one in there but not sure that we could afford it and Epps has earned some snaps.

Donte Jackson- Stand by that this needs to be our priority FA signing. Him/Slay/Maddox would be nasty.

Allen Robinson - WR - He has been a wr1 and to have 2 wr1s in Robinson and Smitty with quez as a rising wr3 with wr2 upside... 

Ray Ray McCloud- Depth WR and special teams ace. Get Reagor TF off punt returns. 

Moe Allie-Cox - TE - Familiar with our coach and adds a needed piece on offense. Stud blocker and will be cheap. 

Trades-

Andre Dillard to the Falcons for a 3rd

The Lions trade us the 32nd pick after a qb drops. We sent 19 and receive 32 and a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year.

I thought about drafting a playmaker WR but then it came down to, "who do we take off the field to put him out there?". IMO our starters are Smitty, Quez, and Robinson. Reagor and McCloud for depth with Hightower and hopefully Fulgham on the practice squad.

Draft-

1. Jermaine Johnson- DE - This guy just screams Eagles to me. Solid player and doing well at the Senior Bowl. Also fills one of our biggest needs. Pass rush. 

1. Jordan Davis- DT - Beast of a DT and gets in the rotation immediately. Also allows us to move on from Cox more easily next year.

1. Jaquan Brisker - S - Projected as a day 2 pick ATM but has also been rising. We take him at 32 after a trade back. 

2. Daniele Falaale- RT - Future RT. This guy will cost a high pick and might not make it this far. Him with our o-line coach... Future all pro. 

3. Alec Lindstrom - C - Heir to kelce

3. Chad Muma - LB - Solid linebacker and quality day 2 pick.

3. Tariq Wooley- CB - Riser at CB and has really good size. Competes with our guys as depth and eventual Slay replacement

4. Brian Robinson- RB - Replacement for Howard

5. Smoke Monday - S - Depth at S and also has really good size

5. Andrew Voorhees - G - Depth on the O-line

5. Jake Camarda - P - Our punter was really bad at some points last season. This guy had that one 4 yard punt but outside that has been good. Can also compete with Elliot and possibly free up some cap down the road by being both Punter and PK.

• Like 1

Without a more than 1 read QB, all we effectively have at WR and TE are Smith and Goedert

25 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Without a more than 1 read QB, all we effectively have at WR and TE are Smith and Goedert

It wouldn’t be smart to give up the resources we have at this time for a big name qb. We aren’t a qb away. At least in this scenario or Hurts doesn’t pan out we 1. Don’t have to worry about him going to another team and balling out cause we have him an actual shot and 2. The next qb we get will have a good team around them to actually compete. 

Unless they have an open competition and Minshew wins I think we need to give Hurts 1 more year.

i’ve been targeting the falcons as a place to trade dillard for a while now… i know they need oline help to give ryan one more chance to do something… so as i’ve started my mock off-season i looked into it sadly the only oline position they are really set at is left tackle with Jake Mathew’s. i don’t know that they give us a 3rd for someone who would be a backup and might not even play for them if they couldn’t extend him. 

28 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

i’ve been targeting the falcons as a place to trade dillard for a while now… i know they need oline help to give ryan one more chance to do something… so as i’ve started my mock off-season i looked into it sadly the only oline position they are really set at is left tackle with Jake Mathew’s. i don’t know that they give us a 3rd for someone who would be a backup and might not even play for them if they couldn’t extend him. 

Solid point. I thought about sending him to the bengals also. 

On 2/19/2022 at 12:12 PM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

It wouldn’t be smart to give up the resources we have at this time for a big name qb. We aren’t a qb away. At least in this scenario or Hurts doesn’t pan out we 1. Don’t have to worry about him going to another team and balling out cause we have him an actual shot and 2. The next qb we get will have a good team around them to actually compete. 

Unless they have an open competition and Minshew wins I think we need to give Hurts 1 more year.

We have one of the best offensive lines, a great backfield, and a defense ranked middle of the pack. A solid offseason with a little defense, a WR and a top QB and we are there.

1 hour ago, matchew88 said:

We have one of the best offensive lines, a great backfield, and a defense ranked middle of the pack. A solid offseason with a little defense, a WR and a top QB and we are there.

our "great backfield” consisted of 2 guys who are free agents this year (Scott and Howard), a guy who hasn’t broken 1k yards and had like no tds last year, and a rookie in gainwell. Gainwell had a solid rookie year but him/sanders does not give us a "great backfield”. Solid at best. our backfield was #1 because our qb had a ton of rushing yards. 

"a defense ranked middle of the pack”. We couldn’t stop a nose bleed last year. Now we lost a starting de, both starting safeties, starting cb2, and lost a linebacker who got starting snaps when we already sucked there. We need a lot more than "a little defense”.

I agree our o line is solid. But we also lost brooks and then we have Johnson/kelce getting a year older. Kelce almost retired every year and I’m sure Johnson is 1-2 years away s from teasing that idea too. 

we’ll see what happens but I hope we don’t spend firsts on a qb. We have way too many holes. 

On 2/19/2022 at 10:40 AM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

We keep Harris for another year and him/Epps get the start

Hell no

12 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Hell no

I actually have us taking brisker. Our starters would likely be harris and him, Epps as the back up. 

37 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I actually have us taking brisker. Our starters would likely be harris and him, Epps as the back up. 

That’s still a no from me. I don’t view Brisker as a day one starter. 

• Like 1