all in 2022

Cheesteakitis

re sign 

kelce 

singleton

herbig

scott 

3 of these 4 are RFA but from what i see the lowest tender is like 2 million a year i would try and work out better deals with them but if they refuse i’m not spending that much to keep them around. I think Kelce decides to stay another year and they figure something out with his contract which only has void years left.

let walk

barnett

kerrigan

mcloud

harris

ridgeway

avery

howard

ward 

A couple of these players could be back depending on what we are able to do in free agency but our goal should be to get better and set ourselves up for the future.

free agency

FS - Marcus Williams -  younger and more talent then harris instant upgrade you get what you pay for… probably need to dish out 12 million a year but howie knows how to structure contracts 

WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - again younger talented wr who fills a role in the slot for us catching those underneath passes. JuJu signed a 1 year 8 million deal last off-season to stay with the steelers and didn’t have a good year where he got hurt.. overthe cap has the contract costing the steelers 5 million this year so i think they added a dummy void year for cap purposes… they eagles could do the same on a 2-3 year deal to make things work out

SS - Terrell Edmunds - former first round pick who hasn’t lived up to being a first rounder but has gotten better each year, better in run support/ covering tight ends then wr’s. comes in as the starter maybe rotates out on passing downs with epps should be able to sign for 5-6 million a year.

TE- Mo Alie-Cox - Cox is familiar with our staff and has some upside after only playing basketball in college. solid #2 te with some starter experience and ability to block. 5-7 million a year 

SLB - Anthony Barr - knows gannon from his time with the vikings and is solid upgrade at the position even though he will soon be 30 5-6 million a year 

Trade - Isaac Seumalo, 5th rounder, conditional 2023 2nd rounder to falcons for Calvin Ridley-

falcons need upgrades along the oline and while i was originally thinking of trading dillard he just didn’t fit for them. trading Isaac saves like 1.8 million cap this year and if we can make it post june 1st it actually saves 5.65 million in cap. Ridley needs a new contact and comes with some risk but rounds out our wr room nicely!

Draft -  for this draft i’m going to use the PFN simulator without trading any picks (other then the 5th i traded) and a focus on retooling the defense after adding two wr’s and a te to the offense already.

#15 David Ojabo- de

#16 Jermaine Johnson -de

#19 Devin Lloyd - lb

#51 Kyler Gordon - cb

#83 Tariq Woolen - cb

#123 John Ridgeway - dt

#154 Tyler Goodson - rb

#162 Markquese Bell - s

#166 traded 

#205 Matt Araiza - p

is possible a number of simulations where ojabo went too 12 even as high as 8th to the giants. also seen mocks with lloyd going in the top 10.

5 minutes ago, RUEagle said:

I actually think ojabo Johnson and Lloyd will all be gone by #15

I have that same feeling. Wouldn’t be surprised if Howie trades up from 15 to 11, 12 or 13 for either Johnson or Ojabo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I have that same feeling. Wouldn’t be surprised if Howie trades up from 15 to 11, 12 or 13 for either Johnson or Ojabo.

If we can get a high third for Dillard - could immediately flip that to move up around 3 spots.

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

If we can get a high third for Dillard - could immediately flip that to move up around 3 spots.

Exactly!

If you take the whole QB discussion out of the equation, getting a top pass rusher is priority No.1 IMO.

You can debate if Ojabo is an ideal fit. Raw, hardly ever played with his hands in the dirt, a bit on the lighter side for a prototypical 4-3 edge, possibly better suited to play in a 3-4 etc.

But both Karlaftis and Johnson would be ideal fits and pro ready.

If either one makes it out of the top 10, Howie definitely should consider trading up unless he’s absolutely 100 % sure either or both Karlaftis and Johnson last till pick 15.

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Exactly!

If you take the whole QB discussion out of the equation, getting a top pass rusher is priority No.1 IMO.

You can debate if Ojabo is an ideal fit. Raw, hardly ever played with his hands in the dirt, a bit on the lighter side for a prototypical 4-3 edge, possibly better suited to play in a 3-4 etc.

But both Karlaftis and Johnson would be ideal fits and pro ready.

If either one makes it out of the top 10, Howie definitely should consider trading up unless he’s absolutely 100 % sure either or both Karlaftis and Johnson last till pick 15.

It will be a crime if we don’t come out of this draft with one of those three, so Howie absolutely needs to explore trading up. 

I’m expecting and hoping for a corner as well. Would love DS jr or Sauce. Booth or McDuffie might be more realistic. 

Get me one DE and one CB from that group and I’m happy. What Howie does with the last first rounder, I’m more open to, depending on free agency.

I would like this scenario. If we could get all of those free agents, then mostly being the top guys at their positions, I’d be really stoked. 

what happens with Graham? 

This would be a great haul. I'd be over the top if we could make those free agent acquisitions. 

On 2/21/2022 at 8:10 AM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I would like this scenario. If we could get all of those free agents, then mostly being the top guys at their positions, I’d be really stoked. 

what happens with Graham? 

Graham would still be in the picture we rotate our dline anyway.. he provides experience and leadership with retirement likely soon in his future 

On 2/21/2022 at 2:16 PM, Rob331 said:

This would be a great haul. I'd be over the top if we could make those free agent acquisitions. 

howie can get it done i’m sure they can make the room with some restructuring..

really surprised not more feedback on this one… guess people either feel no way in hell it happens or it’s to good to discuss. 

1 hour ago, Cheesteakitis said:

really surprised not more feedback on this one… guess people either feel no way in hell it happens or it’s to good to discuss. 

My too, I've been trying to interest friends and acquaintances in the overall board and this forum in particular. Probably something we all should do to get more amd more spirited dialogue going. 

14 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

My too, I've been trying to interest friends and acquaintances in the overall board and this forum in particular. Probably something we all should do to get more amd more spirited dialogue going. 

yeah i know the board goes through a dry spell here for a while but i thought that was more after the draft and everything… maybe i shouldn’t have taken a month working this plan out hahaha