2.21.22 mock

Eaglerick55

good evening, all.

Really had a problem doing this mock. So many scenarios to choose from. Trade up for Gardner or Hamilton. Trade back with Pittsburgh and pick up a 3rd. Keep Herbig or Mcloud. Is Kelce back, WR in rd1, where Dillard goes, QB, and so on. Kept changing mind. Ended up going all defense in rd 1.

To me, makes no sense to take Linderbaum, and have him sit a year. If we were competing for a SB this year, then maybe, but we have so many holes to fill on defense to be a top team. Think 2023 might be ours.

Also, really do not like the trade for #1 in 2023 IN CASE Hurts MAY not be the guy. Let's fix 2022, then worry about 2023 then..

Also, best way to fix pass rush is to improve back 7. Hard to get sacks when everyone is completing 7-10 yard curls and shallow crosses all day long.

Bring back Kelce, Scott, Singleton, Chachere, Mcloud

FA---Marcus Williams--safety N.O. very popular choice in this board. I agree completely.

FA--DJ Chark  WR Jax. Quality outside WR who won't break the bank. Great compliment to Smith.

rd 1 #15  Devin Lloyd. LB Utah. 6'3 235Do it all MLB. Exactly what we need in middle of defense

rd 1 #16 Andrew Booth, Jr. CB Clemson. 6'0 195. Gardner is gone, so get next best CB. Can play man or zone well, decent tackler. Fits scheme really well.

rd 1 #19 Jermaine Johnson DE Fl St  6'4 265  ACC DPOY in ACC, blew up Senior Bowl. If gone, then Walker from UGA

rd2 #51  Christian Watson WR ND St. 6'4 215 top WR in 1-AA. Size, catch radius, route running, toughness. Will not last to rd3

rd3 #83 Kirby Joseph Safety Illinois. 6'1 200. 1st team safety in Big Ten. Can play all over. will fight for playing time this year behind Epps and Wallace, but will learn and could start in 2023.

rd4 #109  Trade Dillard to Baltimore for this pick. BAl has 4 picks in rd4, and need a LT. This is about where Dillard should go in a trade. Should be traded before draft. Pick 109 is Jerome Ford, RB Cincy. 5'11 215 Replaces Howard and becomes new thunder in backfield.

rd4 #123. Michael Clemons DE Tx A & M 6'5 270  Stout against the run. Needs to work on pass rush, but good depth to position group

Rd4 #125-128 Trade 154 and 166 for RD4 pick in this range. Chris Hinton DT Michigan  6'4 315. Depth for DT group

rd5 #162. Jeremiah Moon OLB Florida 6'5 245. Backup SAM lb. Can learn while being core ST guy.

rd6 #204  Matt Araiza punter San Diego St. Top punter last year. Can also do field goals in a pinch. First mock EVER with a punter Need to replace Siposs.

QB--same as now

RB--Sanders, Ford, Scott, Gainwell(he moves to wr/rb role similar to Deebo)

TE--Goeddert, Stoll, D-rod

WR--Smith, Chark, Watkins, Watson, Reagor(now slot guy), Gainwell(see above)

OL--Mailata, Dickerson, Kelce, Seamolo, Johnson. backups--Clark, Awosika, Anderson, Opeta, Driscoll. No need to draft another OL. Bring in a few UDFA guys.

DE--Graham, Sweat, Johnson, Clemons, Jackson

DT--Cox, Hargrave, Williams, Hinton, Tuipolotu

LB--LLoyd, Taylor, Singleton  Backups--Edwards, Moon, Stevens

CB--Slay, Booth, Maddox, McPherson, battle for the other 2 spots.

Safety--Williams, Mcloud, Epps, Wallace, Joseph

ER

• Like 2

I like the first 4 picks a lot. Would be so pleased if Johnson is available at 19 and Harris is available at 51 and the the Eagles draft both.

While I would also be happy with both FA signings I don't think the Eagles will have the available cap space for Williams.

I'm sure Howie has enough flexibility in restructuring and extending existing contracts to make enough room for Williams. But it also why i only added only 2 new FA signings. doesn't make much sense to add 6-8 new FA players, like offered here on this board by others. Have to remember, we will also need 8.5 mil cap space to sign our draft picks, per OTC. But I really think Williams and Chark are doable, even if have to break bank on Williams.

Eaglerick - don't be a stranger to the board. What you've laid out is terrific. Love your free agent picks. I might quibble with who you took, in the draft but the positions and rounds are right there. Thanks

2 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Eaglerick - don't be a stranger to the board. What you've laid out is terrific. Love your free agent picks. I might quibble with who you took, in the draft but the positions and rounds are right there. Thanks

Thx Rob. Spent majority of last 8 months rehabbing 2 knee replacements. Spent most of my tine either in therapy or in my recliner. Long journey, but now almost healed. Will post more often, now that I know what planet I live on. Go Birds!!

On 2/22/2022 at 7:47 PM, Eaglerick55 said:

I'm sure Howie has enough flexibility in restructuring and extending existing contracts to make enough room for Williams. But it also why i only added only 2 new FA signings. doesn't make much sense to add 6-8 new FA players, like offered here on this board by others. Have to remember, we will also need 8.5 mil cap space to sign our draft picks, per OTC. But I really think Williams and Chark are doable, even if have to break bank on Williams.

hahaha a shot at my all in  mock i like it!!! sadly i think the nfl might be entering a new normal where if team want to add players why not just use these fake void years to spread the hit out as far as possible.. don’t some of these baseball players sign like 16 year contracts or something insane could the nfl be heading that way?

On 2/22/2022 at 11:47 PM, Eaglerick55 said:

I really love this off-season and draft! 

Some minor points.

1) I’d want to add a veteran corner. Otherwise we are going into the draft relying on finding a starter and even if we get one of the top ones they may not be ready. Someone like Joe Haden on a cheap one year contract makes sense.

2) I love the first 3 picks, but I’m probably jumping on Johnson at 15. Booth in particular is more likely to be there still at 19.

3) I would be looking for more for Dillard. He’s a decent player at a key position and I think he’s more valuable to us than a 4th. 3rd or better I pull the trigger.

But great job

10 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I really love this off-season and draft! 

Some minor points.

1) I’d want to add a veteran corner. Otherwise we are going into the draft relying on finding a starter and even if we get one of the top ones they may not be ready. Someone like Joe Haden on a cheap one year contract makes sense.

2) I love the first 3 picks, but I’m probably jumping on Johnson at 15. Booth in particular is more likely to be there still at 19.

3) I would be looking for more for Dillard. He’s a decent player at a key position and I think he’s more valuable to us than a 4th. 3rd or better I pull the trigger.

But great job

Hey M.E. 

1. We just had Nelson on a 1 year, and you want to do it again . Kicking the can. We have the draft capital to get a top end CB now. For me, this is top priority.

2. I can see Johnson at 15. Kinda depends on on how combine and pro days play out. 

3. would LOVE a 3 for Dillard. But looking at past trades for veterans other than qb, think a 4 might be best case. Usually a round or 2 lower than expected.

ER

55 minutes ago, Eaglerick55 said:

Hey M.E. 

1. We just had Nelson on a 1 year, and you want to do it again . Kicking the can. We have the draft capital to get a top end CB now. For me, this is top priority.

2. I can see Johnson at 15. Kinda depends on on how combine and pro days play out. 

3. would LOVE a 3 for Dillard. But looking at past trades for veterans other than qb, think a 4 might be best case. Usually a round or 2 lower than expected.

ER

On 1 - I just see CB as a likely first round pick in the draft, as there are plenty of good ones who should still be there for us. So it’s not kicking the can, but just not putting pressure on a rookie to start.

I hear you on 2 and 3.

• Like 1