No trade mock - let's liven the board

Rob331

OK, since the board is pretty dead, I'll give this way out and unlikely option a shot. 

First, Howie pills rabbits out of his hat during free agency. He fills several holes without breaking the bank-

• S Terrell Edmunds (PIT) - replaces Harris
  • WR Zach Pascal (IND) - replaces JJAW
  • LB Kwon Alexander (NO)- replaced Avery

Draft

• 1. CB Sauce Gardner, Cincinnati - replaces Nelson
  • 1. DT DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M- replaces Ridgeway
  • 1. DE Trevon Walker, Goergia - replaces Barnett
  • 2. S Jaquan Brisker, Penn State - replaces McLoud
  • 3. RB Brian Robinson, Alabama- replaces Howard
  • 4. WR Charleston Rambo- replaces Ward
  • 5. DE Isaiah Thomas - replaces Kerrigan
  • 5. TE Cole Turner, Nevada - replaces Tyree Jackson (ACL late in 2021 season)
  • 5. Jake Luketa, Penn State - roster battle with Bradley, Stevens, Patrick
  • 6. Matt Araiza, San Diego State - replaces Siposs

This strengthens the roster and prepares us for the future 

This board will likely remain dead, but Howie pilling rabbits might be interesting to watch.

Rob, my friend, no complains here. Really like it. Good and realistic.

Good job, man!

maybe leal has a decent combine and steadies out his stock otherwise i think he dipped from a once top 10 pick to 2nd maybe even 3rd round. other then that Gardner i would love just doubt he is there and i’m fans of Rambo,thomas, and turner so it went down prettier well.

Hey Rob. A fan of most of it. Don't like the Leal pick while leaving the LB room pretty bare. Bring in an aging SAM, who will play maybe 20 snaps, and only a late round ST guy. If you swap Leal for Lloyd or Dean, then you might have something pretty good.

ER

Free agents:

WR - DJ Chark

DE - Emmanuel Ogbah

S - Justin Reid

LB - Ja’whaun Bentley

Draft, I held myself to one trade back in the first round with the Bengals who moved up for Linderbaum.

8E182E98-092D-46D1-B34A-7BF034B61006.jpeg

2E88557C-5A9D-4FEA-9247-302E99F9537E.jpeg

4E5790E0-0ACF-41FD-86D1-CE60A5AD6EFA.jpeg

Not a huge fan of the wr you got in free agency. Would like someone that is more plug and play. Think howie can move the money around to do it.

the more I think about the sauce Gardner the more I wonder if he is going to have the speed to keep up in the nfl. Can’t help but wonder if there isn’t better value with guys like Elam and Mcduffie.

I like brisker a lot. He is arguably the number 2 safety in this draft class. Not sure that he will be there when we pick in the second but we can hope. thanks for the read. 

Leal's stock had already dropped some due to his uneven play during the 2021 season, and his combine performance did not reverse that trend. His 5.0 40-yard dash was not exceptional for a 283-pound lineman. On the field, his tight hips and lack of explosion caused him to look ordinary compared with Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt. At times, he showed glimpses of bend and power, so you can see some potential as a five-technique at the next level. But it seems clear he'll have to wait until the middle rounds to hear his named called.—— latest update on leal from nfl.com article 

On 3/3/2022 at 8:36 PM, Eaglerick55 said:

Hey Rob. A fan of most of it. Don't like the Leal pick while leaving the LB room pretty bare. Bring in an aging SAM, who will play maybe 20 snaps, and only a late round ST guy. If you swap Leal for Lloyd or Dean, then you might have something pretty good.

ER

Got it - thanks for the feedback. I think Alexander is 27 and he was all over the field when the Eagles played the Saints last year. With their view on the value of linebacker I just don't think they draft one in the first round. 

BUT - if they trade down and get extra 2nd round picks I can see them taking a Brandon Smith or Christian Harris in the second. 

On 3/4/2022 at 8:41 AM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Not a huge fan of the wr you got in free agency. Would like someone that is more plug and play. Think howie can move the money around to do it.

the more I think about the sauce Gardner the more I wonder if he is going to have the speed to keep up in the nfl. Can’t help but wonder if there isn’t better value with guys like Elam and Mcduffie.

I like brisker a lot. He is arguably the number 2 safety in this draft class. Not sure that he will be there when we pick in the second but we can hope. thanks for the read. 

I hope you are right about the wide receiver. Would love it to be Williams or Chark. Seems Dallas is going to re-sign Gallup but if there is a hiccup there I;d jump on it. 

Gardner ran an underwhelming 4.52 at the combine so he won't be on my next mock. I only want corners who run sub 4.5. 

8 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Leal's stock had already dropped some due to his uneven play during the 2021 season, and his combine performance did not reverse that trend. His 5.0 40-yard dash was not exceptional for a 283-pound lineman. On the field, his tight hips and lack of explosion caused him to look ordinary compared with Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt. At times, he showed glimpses of bend and power, so you can see some potential as a five-technique at the next level. But it seems clear he'll have to wait until the middle rounds to hear his named called.—— latest update on leal from nfl.com article 

I hear you. The combine results are going to re-shuffle the board quite a bit. 

Gardner's 4.53 hurt him. Andersen's 4.42 for a 242 lb. linebacker puts him into the 2nd day. WR Bell crapped the bad with a 4.66 and so in. 

Then the first week of free agency has a huge impact on team needs. 

So - my next mock will be about 10 days into free agency after I see has th experts change their draft boards, the teams sign their priority free agents, and a few of the pro days are done. 

15 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Got it - thanks for the feedback. I think Alexander is 27 and he was all over the field when the Eagles played the Saints last year. With their view on the value of linebacker I just don't think they draft one in the first round. 

BUT - if they trade down and get extra 2nd round picks I can see them taking a Brandon Smith or Christian Harris in the second. 

I hope you are right about the wide receiver. Would love it to be Williams or Chark. Seems Dallas is going to re-sign Gallup but if there is a hiccup there I;d jump on it. 

Gardner ran an underwhelming 4.52 at the combine so he won't be on my next mock. I only want corners who run sub 4.5. 

Gardners second run was actually a 4.47 i believe. That being said im almost positive he will be gone before our pick. 

I got my eyes on a Christian Kirk type. He won’t break the bank and will have solid production. Though I would love Allen Robinson.

5 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Gardners second run was actually a 4.47 i believe. That being said im almost positive he will be gone before our pick. 

ACtually the official times were posted today and it's a 4.41. Back to the top of my list. 

On 3/6/2022 at 4:32 PM, Rob331 said:

I hear you. The combine results are going to re-shuffle the board quite a bit. 

Gardner's 4.53 hurt him. Andersen's 4.42 for a 242 lb. linebacker puts him into the 2nd day. WR Bell crapped the bad with a 4.66 and so in. 

Then the first week of free agency has a huge impact on team needs. 

So - my next mock will be about 10 days into free agency after I see has th experts change their draft boards, the teams sign their priority free agents, and a few of the pro days are done. 

10 days into free agency what are we going to read till then 🙂

14 hours ago, Rob331 said:

ACtually the official times were posted today and it's a 4.41. Back to the top of my list. 

Wow that’s way better than I expected him to run. Very likely he is gone before us. Maybe we trade up though who knows.