Chris Olave (Ohio State WR) -- DRAFTED BY NEW ORLEANS #11

philafan4o8

3rd year with a first round WR? With three 1st rounders in the bag the Eagles have a lot of flexibility. Spending big money on a free agent WR to come here does not make sense especially since we do not have a clear franchise QB. How many people think Reagor can actually turn it around? Is Watkins really a good #2? Roseman (aka Joker), has stated that Hurts earned the ability to be the starting QB in 2022-23 season and that they need to "add talent around him." Outside of Devonta Smith, this WR core is not good.

Insert Chris Olave! Some may ask, isnt he a very similar WR to Devonta Smith? Yes, and your point? I would take a Devonta Smith clone lol. The Rams won a Superbowl with no big WRs. Having a big WR would be nice but why risk taking a bigger WR if he is not the best WR on the board. It is clear that Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson are the best WRs in this draft. Olave though is more of the guarantee to be a stud in the league IMO. Pair him with Devonta Smith and you wont need to work about WR for the next decade. Sharp route runners, strong hands, good football IQ and dawgs! I would take Olave over London and Burks (Eagles have met with during combine) in a heartbeat! Jump on the Olave/Smith train now!

• Like 1

no thanks, rather have a vet placeholder and a wr a little later in the draft.. use those 3 first to bolster the defense. 

Finally!

There is one word to describe Olave it is smooth. Everything he does on the field looks smooth and effortless. 

Chris Olave
    WR Ohio State

• PHI
    Ahmad Gardner
    CB Cincinnati

• PHI
    Travon Walker
    EDGE Georgia
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Lewis Cine
    S Georgia
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Christian Harris
    LB Alabama

• PHI
    James Cook
    RB Georgia

• PHI
    Cole Turner
    TE Nevada

• PHI
    Obinna Eze
    OT TCU

• PHI
    Hassan Haskins
    RB Michigan

• PHI
    Jake Camarda
    P Georgia

pfn-logo-results-420x50-black.png

I actually thought Chris Olave was like a clone of Smith. To me he looked really crisp at the Combine. He lives up to his nickname Smooth. I think he will be picked before he gets to us with our last first round pick. Our first two picks has to go to defense though. If the Eagles do pick Olave, I wouldn't be mad with the pick. 

Eagles have been trying to find a Desean Jackson replacement ever since Chip let him go. It is hard for me to believe that Olave is not on their board or a high priority with all the failed "speeders” they have brought in including Reagor (who I thought was a good pick at the time but DAMN was I wrong) 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how much weight clay harbor still has with the eagles but very interesting that he is saying this. I would love the Olave/Smith Combo but it will require a good QB that can throw in anticipation which is not Hurts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Not sure how much weight clay harbor still has with the eagles but very interesting that he is saying this. I would love the Olave/Smith Combo but it will require a good QB that can throw in anticipation which is not Hurts

You don't pass on a player you feel is a legitimate threat/playmaker just because you don't think you have the QB to get them the ball (yet).  If we bring in a new QB next April he is going to need weapons at his disposal.  Heck, I wouldn't rule out a new QB this April.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, time2rock said:

You don't pass on a player you feel is a legitimate threat/playmaker just because you don't think you have the QB to get them the ball (yet).  If we bring in a new QB next April he is going to need weapons at his disposal.  Heck, I wouldn't rule out a new QB this April.  

Haha I wasnt saying not to draft him because of Hurts. I was just saying we cant maximize that duo because of Hurts. Olave is my WR1 in this draft tbh but it is close with Wilson and Williams (imagine having all those guys in the Ohio State WR room lmao). I can care less about 3 straight years drafting WR in round 1. He is going to be a stud

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Haha I wasnt saying not to draft him because of Hurts. I was just saying we cant maximize that duo because of Hurts. Olave is my WR1 in this draft tbh but it is close with Wilson and Williams (imagine having all those guys in the Ohio State WR room lmao). I can care less about 3 straight years drafting WR in round 1. He is going to be a stud

I like Wilson and Olave quite a bit and would be happy if we grabbed either.  Not as big on Williams.  Or Burks … I’d sooner take Watson later.  

• 3 weeks later...

Olave's size scares me a little bit, dude is 6'1 188. Sure, he outweighs the slim reaper by almost 20 pounds, but it'd be really nice if we got somebody that was just a little bit bigger at receiver.

22 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Olave's size scares me a little bit, dude is 6'1 188. Sure, he outweighs the slim reaper by almost 20 pounds, but it'd be really nice if we got somebody that was just a little bit bigger at receiver.

Ill be honest, I dont give a damn about size. Just draft someone that can play well. Looking at metrics is what caused the Eagles to draft Reagor over Jefferson. Just take a baller and all will be well.

Olave looks like a baller and him and Smith would be dangerous.

• Like 2

Smooth as butter. Get this man to Philly!

We also screw over the Saints if we do, which is good for our pick next year.