Trent McDuffie (Washington CB) -- DRAFTED BY KANSAS CITY #21

philafan4o8

I will be honest, it is hard to get excited about McDuffie when you have Stingley and Garnder in the same draft class. McDuffie is a damn good prospect. His instincts and physically is on par with both of them. The question mark around him is his size (5'11" - 193 lbs), which is not bad.

People hate pac 12 but there are some good players that come out of the Pac 12. Howie just cant seem to find them. Reminds me of Byron Murphy with the Cardinals.  If the Eagles do not trade out of the 19th spot then McDuffie should be a candidate on the short list. 

• 4 weeks later...

According to Jordan Schultz...

.@UW_Football CB Trent McDuffie is a rushing star. #Eagles, #Cardinals, #Ravens, #Saints and #Bills all in on him.

I spoke w/an assistant GM about him: "Super smart, shutdown corner. Does everything well. Plays big, covers size and speed. Love how he flys around and tackles.”

5 hours ago, Ray75 said:

According to Jordan Schultz...

.@UW_Football CB Trent McDuffie is a rushing star. #Eagles, #Cardinals, #Ravens, #Saints and #Bills all in on him.

I spoke w/an assistant GM about him: "Super smart, shutdown corner. Does everything well. Plays big, covers size and speed. Love how he flys around and tackles.”

Funny, I also saw this at the gym this morning. If I am Eagles I would be all in on Sauce and Stingley. If they can't get either of them then yes McDuffie is also a good CB prospect

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 12:38 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Funny, I also saw this at the gym this morning. If I am Eagles I would be all in on Sauce and Stingley. If they can't get either of them then yes McDuffie is also a good CB prospect

Feelings on Booth? Just curious 

4 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Feelings on Booth? Just curious 

I'll be honest, I didn't watch too much Clemson this season so I can't give an accurate assessment. From the highlights, he has good size and is pretty physical. I will have to do more research on him though because I am hearing his name a lot more as we get closer to the draft

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I'll be honest, I didn't watch too much Clemson this season so I can't give an accurate assessment. From the highlights, he has good size and is pretty physical. I will have to do more research on him though because I am hearing his name a lot more as we get closer to the draft

Just asking because I've joined the anti pac 12 contingent esp Washington cbs after Jones. Honestly haven't done much hw on either but my gut now tells me to look elsewhere 

Just now, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Just asking because I've joined the anti pac 12 contingent esp Washington cbs after Jones. Honestly haven't done much hw on either but my gut now tells me to look elsewhere 

Lol I can't blame you but I think McDuffie is more of a Byron Murphy than a SIdney Jones imo. 

I will say based on what others say Booth good a good prospect but has only 15 starts. Not to mention it is just the ACC that would be my red flag off of initial thought. I really do like Elam from Florida though. Has all the athletic traits you want but just need to be better with technique, which can be taught

On 4/7/2022 at 7:46 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Lol I can't blame you but I think McDuffie is more of a Byron Murphy than a SIdney Jones imo. 

I will say based on what others say Booth good a good prospect but has only 15 starts. Not to mention it is just the ACC that would be my red flag off of initial thought. I really do like Elam from Florida though. Has all the athletic traits you want but just need to be better with technique, which can be taught

From a size and skill set standpoint McDuffy also gives me some Tre’davious White and Jaire Alexander vibes.

Everyone here has a bad taste in their mouth because of Cindy Jones. McDuffie is a totally different player than Jones and not afraid of contact. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ray75 said:

From a size and skill set standpoint McDuffy also gives me some Tre’davious White and Jaire Alexander vibes.

Agreed! Only thing about McDuffie is that he is not a turnover machine but in Philly if you can cover and hit then we will love you haha. If you can do that and be a turnover machine then you will be a fan favorite/eagles legend

• Haha 1