Bobby Wagner (ex-Seahawks LB) -- SIGNED WITH L.A. RAMS

EazyEaglez

Just got released by the Seahawks. Not the guy he used to be, but still would be the best linebacker on this roster. Still had 170 tackles last year and maybe he could come here and teach these young guys how to play the position. 

On board with Bobby W, he will make the D a lot better. Also, he always seems to save the best against the Cowboys, which is a Bonus..

• Like 1

If given the choice, this would be the better mistake (drafting Kendricks over Wagner) to try to rectify at this time than not drafting Wilson.

• Like 1

I was Bobby Wagner's biggest fan back in the day. Counted the picks down to him in the draft, then couldn't believe it when he wasn't an Eagle. Mychal Kendricks was OK, but my guy might be a HOFer someday.

But he's not the guy for the Eagles now. Not close to the same player he was, and the wrong side of 30. Hard pass from me (his biggest fan).

His numbers last year look pretty good, hell even a 90% Bobby Wagner is better than anything we've got right now and he'd almost be worth bringing in for vet leadership alone. I wouldn't be against us making a move at all.

Seahawks are showing how a rebuild should be done, ruthless deck clearing going on.

• Like 1

probably cost to much and getting older not the player for us hopefully we address lb in some way though.

I live in Seattle. Nothing would make me happier than to have this happen and rub it in everyone’s faces. Wagner is literally on the back of busses out here. 😂

Oh and uh.. I also want the birds to get a solid linebacker.. 🤣

Wagner made his big money. Hes going to a SB contender and still making some big cash. We are not that team. 

8 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

His numbers last year look pretty good, hell even a 90% Bobby Wagner is better than anything we've got right now and he'd almost be worth bringing in for vet leadership alone. I wouldn't be against us making a move at all.

Seahawks are showing how a rebuild should be done, ruthless deck clearing going on.

Hopefully they keep up that attitude and toss a DK the Philly way. 

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Wagner made his big money. Hes going to a SB contender and still making some big cash. We are not that team. 

Bobby has already won his SB, but I’m sure there would be some more appealing places than Philly. The Charges still have a truckload of money so they would be hard to contend with and he’d still be on the West Coast. The Eagles would have to be pretty aggressive early if they stand any chance in getting him. 

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Bobby has already won his SB, but I’m sure there would be some more appealing places than Philly. The Charges still have a truckload of money so they would be hard to contend with and he’d still be on the West Coast. The Eagles would have to be pretty aggressive early if they stand any chance in getting him. 

Well, you know damn well we will be using draft picks for line backers and should get secondary help too.  We have been cheap in the cornerbacks and safeties departments for too long now.  Time to rebuild.  When we had Vincent, Taylor, Brown and Dawk,  our D was one of the best in the league.  Time to get back to those days.

2 hours ago, Talon said:

Well, you know damn well we will be using draft picks for line backers and should get secondary help too.  We have been cheap in the cornerbacks and safeties departments for too long now.  Time to rebuild.  When we had Vincent, Taylor, Brown and Dawk,  our D was one of the best in the league.  Time to get back to those days.

Not sure what’s the best way to fix it all. Howie’s been so and at drafting defensive backs and that’s why the team gets forced to pay free agents. The team needs a safety, corner, pass rush, and a wide receiver. It’s a lot of holes and needs. Howie drafting a linebacker early in the draft would be a complete surprise considering how little this team respects that position. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not sure what’s the best way to fix it all. Howie’s been so and at drafting defensive backs and that’s why the team gets forced to pay free agents. The team needs a safety, corner, pass rush, and a wide receiver. It’s a lot of holes and needs. Howie drafting a linebacker early in the draft would be a complete surprise considering how little this team respects that position. 

All the more reason to sign a LB in free agency. The Eagles already have young LBs they like on the roster, mostly acquired from the draft, so a veteran LB would make a lot of sense if the team isn't going to use an early pick on one. A lot of us wouldn't mind seeing them draft a LB in round 1 or 2, but maybe it's better to use FA to address that need for now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

All the more reason to sign a LB in free agency. The Eagles already have young LBs they like on the roster, mostly acquired from the draft, so a veteran LB would make a lot of sense if the team isn't going to use an early pick on one. A lot of us wouldn't mind seeing them draft a LB in round 1 or 2, but maybe it's better to use FA to address that need for now.

I’m with you. Wouldn’t mind a calming veteran presence to go with this very young group. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 10:48 AM, time2rock said:

If given the choice, this would be the better mistake (drafting Kendricks over Wagner) to try to rectify at this time than not drafting Wilson.

Sea will always take who we should have. 🤣

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Sea will always take who we should have. 🤣

lol right?  Wilson, Wagner, Metcalf

9 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Sea will always take who we should have. dumbarse passed on. 🤣

FIXED!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely crazy! How are they doing this?

I don't know but maybe Howie needs to fly out to LA and shadow Snead for a bit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely crazy! How are they doing this?

According to the cap space websites they only have 4 players on 8 figure cap hits this year, they got Allen Robinson for a salary of $4.3mill this season, but pay him 10 million the next 2 seasons. but they've got a 12million dead cap hit for Robert Woods this year so basically they swapped Woods for Robinson.

We have more players (15) with cap hits of over $3million than they do (11).