Deshaun Watson not charged

gameshowfan91

I wanted him even before the verdict. Its funny how most of this site are against it before he was even proven innocent 

• Like 1

And here...we...go...

Watson-mania begins...

3 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

I wanted him even before the verdict. Its funny how most of this site are against it before he was even proven innocent 

"proven innocent"   Is that really what happened?   OJ was proven innocent too.

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

"proven innocent"   Is that really what happened?   OJ was proven innocent too.

In one case, police tampered with evidence that led to a non guilty verdict. The other case, the judge decided there was no evidence. Now you tell me what the difference is?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A case not going to trial doesn't prove innocence.  In this particular case(s), it's a safe bet that hush money was liberally distributed to make the problem go away.

7 hours ago, Mortimer said:

A case not going to trial doesn't prove innocence.  In this particular case(s), it's a safe bet that hush money was liberally distributed to make the problem go away.

You are referring to civil suits. Im referring to a criminal case. There was no evidence of criminal activity. 

On 3/11/2022 at 6:56 PM, MagicMoment said:

Technically one is already innocent until proven guilty.  So he wasn’t proven innocent.  The grand jury just didn’t see enough to proceed with any charges.  

• Like 3

On 3/12/2022 at 7:36 AM, Mortimer said:

True, but I honestly questioned it all due to the timing of it. Seemed like it was coordinated by the Texans in order to screw Watson over for wanting out.  Funny how there's SO many accusations and just not enough evidence to even take it to court. Even before the ruling, you had a couple of women simply looking to settle, and Watson refused the entire time. 

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

True, but I honestly questioned it all due to the timing of it. Seemed like it was coordinated by the Texans in order to screw Watson over for wanting out.  Funny how there's SO many accusations and just not enough evidence to even take it to court. Even before the ruling, you had a couple of women simply looking to settle, and Watson refused the entire time. 

They screwed themselves though, so that doesn't make sense

On 3/11/2022 at 6:56 PM, MagicMoment said:

"Proven innocent”

5 hours ago, SB52 said:

"Proven innocent”

Let’s also not forget that lack of Evidence to try and convict is very different than being "innocent” aka "found not guilty.”  

there’s what happened, and there’s what the prosecution can prove.  Two very different things. 

• Thanks 1