Laviska Shenault Jr. (Jaguars WR) -- TRADED TO CAROLINA

eaglesfan0075

Since we are on the topic on discussing Jaguars players we want the Eagles to get... 

The Jaguars threw big money at both Christian Kirk and Zay Jones in free agency and have an interesting situation with their WR depth chart. The current projected starters are Zay Jones, Marvin Jones and Christian Kirk. Their 2nd round pick from 2020, Laviska Shenault Jr., is projected to be their WR4.

Shenault was a somewhat polarizing prospect during the 2020 pre-draft process here on the EMB, given his injury history in college and playing style, but there was no doubting his talent coming out of Colorado. 

While he is coming off a down 2021 season after a decent rookie campaign, Shenault could be a solid pickup for the right price. The free agent market might be too expensive for the Eagles to grab a solid veteran. Shenault still has 2 more years left on his rookie deal. Doug Pederson might also still believe in JJAW or Jalen Reagor enough to take a chance on one of them in a trade?

For the right price then yeah sure I'd be OK with that. I think he's a good player but he's been in a terrible spot with the Jags. For a late round pick then yeah. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For the right price then yeah sure I'd be OK with that. I think he's a good player but he's been in a terrible spot with the Jags. For a late round pick then yeah. 

Oh yeah, it would have to be a Day 3 pick, anything higher would be an overpay. We have three 5th rounders so if we can get away without trading our 4th rounder that would be ideal. Throw in JJAW to replace his role as a blocking WR 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Oh yeah, it would have to be a Day 3 pick, anything higher would be an overpay. We have three 5th rounders so if we can get away without trading our 4th rounder that would be ideal. Throw in JJAW to replace his role as a blocking WR 😄

A day 3 pick or a swap of players (say JJAW for Shenault).  

• Like 1

Just now, time2rock said:

A day 3 pick or a swap of players (say JJAW for Shenault).  

I like it, take it or leave it 😁

My guess is that they'll prefer the Day 3 pick

1 minute ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I like it, take it or leave it 😁

My guess is that they'll prefer the Day 3 pick

Depends ... was JJAW someone Doug had input on drafting?  

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Depends ... was JJAW someone Doug had input on drafting?  

Good question, if I were to guess probably not. Doug doesn't seem like a big analytics guy on his own, unless the FO pushes it on him.

PFF loved JJAW coming out of college and thought he should have went in the 1st round

8 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Good question, if I were to guess probably not. Doug doesn't seem like a big analytics guy on his own, unless the FO pushes it on him.

PFF loved JJAW coming out of college and thought he should have went in the 1st round

I recall rumors (operative word) circulating over the past few years that some players were drafted because of Lurie's influence, some by request of "the coaches", and some where Howie just went rogue and took players that were higher on his board relative to the board the scouts help set up.  I just cannot remember which players were in each of those categories (not that necessarily means there was any truth to them to begin with).  For some reason JJAW being tied to Doug rings a bell (but I don't trust my bells!  lol).  

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I recall rumors (operative word) circulating over the past few years that some players were drafted because of Lurie's influence, some by request of "the coaches", and some where Howie just went rogue and took players that were higher on his board relative to the board the scouts help set up.  I just cannot remember which players were in each of those categories (not that necessarily means there was any truth to them to begin with).  For some reason JJAW being tied to Doug rings a bell (but I don't trust my bells!  lol).  

You may be right! There are so many rumors out there, it's hard to tell which ones have any substance.

In either case, it wouldn't hurt for the Eagles to inquire the asking price for Shenault. If they ask for something like a 3rd round pick, I'd walk away, but if they're willing to go for either a later pick or WR swap with JJAW/Reagor, it's totally worth the gamble.

Even in a deep WR class, I don't know if I trust the Eagles to pick the right WR later in the draft. We rarely get it right in the 1st round as it is.

On 3/15/2022 at 11:53 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

Shenault was a somewhat polarizing prospect during the 2020 pre-draft process here on the EMB, given his injury history in college and playing style, but there was no doubting his talent coming out of Colorado. 

Shenalut would be an excellent pickup.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Godfather said:

Draft day pickup? 

Hope not.  I’d rather take a flyer on a rook.  

16 hours ago, time2rock said:

I don’t think he’d preclude a premium WR pick, had OK stats for depth player on a bad team. What’s his value a 4th max with all the FAs they brought in?

18 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I don’t think he’d preclude a premium WR pick, had OK stats for depth player on a bad team. What’s his value a 4th max with all the FAs they brought in?

Yeah if they could get him with one of our 5s then sure. I just wouldn’t want to give up a day 1 or day 2 pick.  

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Yeah if they could get him with one of our 5s then sure. I just wouldn’t want to give up a day 1 or day 2 pick.  

I’m with you on that.

18 hours ago, time2rock said:

Jamo baby!