Julio Jones (ex-Titans WR) -- Released

philafan4o8

Everyone wants a vet WR right? Julio Jones anyone? Not sure what his price tag is but there is no way any team is going to pay him over 15 mil in a season. It would be an interesting bandaid at the WR position but I still would prefer a 1st round WR not named Burks or London.

This is interesting. Most Eagles fans wanted him when the Falcons wanted to trade him. With injuries the last couple years, not many teams will be looking to give him a long term contract or top dollar. While he'll probably sign a 1-year "prove it" deal somewhere, I'm not sure our offense has what it takes for him to "prove it." I would much rather see us bring in a vet (as opposed to another rookie) that our young WRs can learn from and there aren't many better for that role than Julio. 

I always admired his play in Atlanta, but he looks cooked now.  If we’re going the vet WR route, I’d much rather someone that is a few years younger and could possibly contribute here for the next few years … not another short term band aid.  

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

I always admired his play in Atlanta, but he looks cooked now.  If we’re going the vet WR route, I’d much rather someone that is a few years younger and could possibly contribute here for the next few years … not another short term band aid.  

Jarvis Landry? :ph34r:

He's gone two years without breaking 1000 yards, and he didn't look good in Tennessee, receivers that turn round decline at 33 with a decade on the clock are like unicorns.

For the right price, I could maybe be persuaded to give him a shot but I think he's done.

3 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Jarvis Landry? :ph34r:

I would not be upset if we signed Landry ... not even a little.  

Another guy I'd look at for the right price is AJ Green, he's played 16 games a season the last 2 years and nudged 850 yards last year as WR2/3 in Arizona, he'd be an old head in the locker room too.

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I would not be upset if we signed Landry ... not even a little.  

His production has declined last 2 yrs (maybe asking price w that) but he's def better than last yr even if his best days are behind him 

On 3/17/2022 at 7:36 AM, NJWolverEagle11 said:

His production has declined last 2 yrs (maybe asking price w that) but he's def better than last yr even if his best days are behind him 

I think its bc they tried using him more outside but his best #s came from the slot. We don't need another slot WR, but wouldn't mind the veteran WR leadership. 

I wanna see what Julio and AJ would cost.