Baker Mayfield (Browns QB) -- Potential Trade/Release?

Cheesteakitis

26 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

You seriously want Mayfield?

Over Hurts? Hell yea :groovy:

Nah.  Funny commercials.  I'll give him that.  But no.

I know i’m in the vast minority but I think he has gotten a bad rap. He has injury history, but dude is a competitor. Would have to be a cheap trade though. Not spending real capital. 

10 hours ago, homerpat said:

I know i’m in the vast minority but I think he has gotten a bad rap. He has injury history, but dude is a competitor. Would have to be a cheap trade though. Not spending real capital. 

Mayfield was worse than Hurts last year and his contract this year is a fully guaranteed $18million. Trading for him would be dumb as rocks, whatever the price.

Half his problem is that he's had smoke blown up his ass his entire career and he hasn't developed, he's arguably worse now than he was fresh out of college.

Hurt's wouldn't get another season if he plays like he did last year, Mayfield last year was like Hurts but without the rushing numbers.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 5:32 PM, Godfather said:

Over Hurts? Hell yea :groovy:

Seriously???  

That’s a big F NO from me.  

• Like 1

Although, Mayfield is better than Hurts,  he isn't good enough to absorb that contract or his unusual attitude.  He is just another in a string of overdrafted Lincoln Riley QBs.  I don't want any of them.

Not seeing Mayfield as an upgrade. 

I am only interested in Mayfield in how he impacts other teams that might be drafting QB this year.

If they take him, maybe they don’t draft QB this year or in first round.

For cheap?  Sure, I'd bring him here and have him compete for the starting spot.   I would not give up Jalen Hurts in the trade, I might do Minshew and maybe a low round pick for Mayfield.

Unfortunately, I think Cleveland is gonna want more.  

In reality, what choice do they have at this point?  He's not going to the Colts. Falcons signed Mariota.  Saints signed Winston.   Who's still looking for a starting QB?  

45 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

For cheap?  Sure, I'd bring him here and have him compete for the starting spot.   I would not give up Jalen Hurts in the trade, I might do Minshew and maybe a low round pick for Mayfield.

Unfortunately, my I think Cleveland is gonna want more.  

In reality, what choice do they have at this point?  He's not going to the Colts. Falcons signed Mariota.  Saints signed Winston.   Who's still looking for a starting QB?  

panthers, seahawks, lions? , jets? texans? 

think our market for minshew is drying up though with all these trades still have Jimmy G looking to be traded also.

13 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

think our market for minshew is drying up though with all these trades still have Jimmy G looking to be traded also.

I forgot about him.  I can see the Panthers as a good landing spot for Jimmy G.  They won't trade him to Seattle because NFC West.  

Seahawks are a good possible trade partner for Baker Mayfield.   Not sure what they'd give up.  

Jets trading for a QB would be very funny because they picked Zach Wilson last year high in the draft and everybody loved him.  For his sake I hope they give him a chance.

Texans?  Lord knows what they're thinking about there.  You'd think Mayfield would have been part of that trade if they wanted him.

So, yeah, honestly for Mayfield it's Panthers, Seahawks or maybe us.  You're right, I think Jimmy G has to move first and I think any trade for Mayfield may have to wait until after the draft.  Somebody (LOL Eagles probably) is going to take Kenny Pickett high and tout him as their next franchise QB.

Mayfield has massively overestimated his market, all the talk out of Cleveland now is that the Brown's will be glad to see the back of him, he's a guy who can get you maybe 3800 yards and 25 TD's if everything is perfect, but if there's any slight problem at WR or the schedule is a bit tough he falls to pieces like last year.

Mayfield is the ultimate example of a guy talked up by the NFL Media because he has a marketable personality,  he's barely better than a healthy Mariota but they're talking about trades?  Honestly playing on that 5th year option I don't see a trade unless they do an Osweiler and throw someone a couple of picks on top to take the contract.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:31 PM, Cheesteakitis said:

Steelers?

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s like bringing in an even worse version of Wentz. Ugh. 

Meh, at least Baker has a playoff win...

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Meh, at least Baker has a playoff win...

Yeah so does Tebow. Frankly there probably isn’t many other quarterbacks out there who have done less with more talent than Mayfield.