Tyreek Hill traded to the Dolphins for five draft picks

paco

Hill was in the final year of his contract and had a $15 million roster bonus due so trading him saves the chiefs $20.4 million (Chiefs previously had $8,903,285 in cap space and $3,476,483 in effective cap space)  Sounds like the Dolphins are looking to extended him immediately.  (supposedly 4 years, $120 million with $72.2 million, making him the highest paid reciever)

29 minutes ago, paco said:

Kind of reminds me of Ditka trading trading the Saints draft to the Redskins so that they could pick Ricky Williams. 

• Like 1

This feels like a trade both teams might regret. Although, I think the odds of the Chiefs not regretting it are better.

• Like 2

That's ridiculous for a receiver, especially when they already have Jalen waddle who had an excellent rookie year. Why not just draft another one ? Morons

• Like 3

Wide Receivers have become more valuable than pass rushers.  I expect that will be reinforced come draft time.

This is where I was coming from 3-4 years ago when I was saying we should trade Ertz and Cox, of course no one liked the idea but the would have loved the draft picks received if they would have found takers.

Trading big name players that are either overhyped or beginning to decline is a great way to receive draft capital, Belichick did it often.     

23 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's ridiculous for a receiver, especially when they already have Jalen waddle who had an excellent rookie year. Why not just draft another one ? Morons

This is the problem with so many GMs, they think if they get one good WR they're set.  After years of not understanding AR learned his lesson, you want at least 2 burners on the field, AR had 3 when Hill was there, he just picked of Scantling so now he has 3 again.

Philadelphia has 1 burner in Watkins, you'll find your morons in the Eagles FO as well as poster on this site.  

liNLI0w.jpg

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

This is where I was coming from 3-4 years ago when I was saying we should trade Ertz and Cox, of course no one liked the idea but the would have loved the draft picks received if they would have found takers.

Trading big name players that are either overhyped or beginning to decline is a great way to receive draft capital, Belichick did it often.     

4 years ago, no.  Before last season started, yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

This is the problem with so many GMs, they think if they get one good WR they're set.  After years of not understanding AR learned his lesson, you want at least 2 burners on the field, AR had 3 when Hill was there, he just picked of Scantling so now he has 3 again.

Philadelphia has 1 burner in Watkins, you'll find your morons in the Eagles FO as well as poster on this site.  

What seems to have driven up the price of WR's is that now everybody is looking for trios of top pass catchers.  Rams/Bengals/Bucs/KC all kinda had that going so its what everyone wants to emulate.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

What seems to have driven up the price of WR's is that now everybody is looking for trios of top pass catchers.  Rams/Bengals/Bucs/KC all kinda had that going so its what everyone wants to emulate.

But also what do all 3 of those have that play a big part in that?

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But also what do all 3 of those have that play a big part in that?

QB obviously, but that has been the case for decades.  The focus on having 3 plus pass catchers is sending prices for them through the roof, despite the fact the NFL has maybe never been deeper with them.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 11:09 AM, What The F said:

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text

Peeps were tanking for 2 years for this dude! 🤣

On 3/24/2022 at 4:13 PM, EagleVA said:

If the Eagles were good at drafting, I think people would get on board, but to give up known talent for Reagor, JJAW, Watkins, etc....would not have been a good idea.

Now let's look at the Eagles' drafts 3-4 years ago.

2018 - no first rounder, Goedert in the 2nd, no 3rd.  Seems like a good time to ditch known talent after winning a Super Bowl?   Probably not the right time.  

2019 - Dillard, Sanders, JJAW....yikes, you wanted to trade Cox and Ertz for more of that kind of drafting....hard pass.

You do it a year sooner, and you might not have a Lombardi.

You can't use Belichick as an example.  When you have the GOAT, good things happen.  

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 9:13 PM, EagleVA said:

That is all fine... if you know how to draft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good move by the Chiefs. Trading a player 1 year past his prime for more cap space and a deep WR draft

2 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Good move by the Chiefs. Trading a player 1 year past his prime for more cap space and a deep WR draft

He just turned 28 a month ago.... He is entering his prime. 

On 4/9/2022 at 3:37 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

He just turned 28 a month ago.... He is entering his prime. 

If you think his speed is going to increase or stay at levels of being 24 years old, I don't know what to tell you. He's not far off at all, but the Chiefs are getting more back, and signed a couple of WRs