DeVante Parker (Dolphins WR) -- TRADED TO NEW ENGLAND

time2rock

Wondering if Parker might not be a trade target now that Miami dealt 5 picks to acquire Hill (and then made him the highest paid WR) and signed Cedrick Wilson earlier in free agency to a 3 year deal - Parker could be the odd man out and they may be willing to deal him.  Would make a nice complement to Smith on the outside.  

not interested guess they could always do an extension but he is due 9 million next year rather go the rookie route at this point and keep getting younger.

I'd take him for sure. And I do wonder if Howie is sitting back watching all these moves materialise and looking at his best options. 

• Like 1

We need bodies and he isn’t paid that highly. Def would be interested, but wouldn’t want to give up any more than a late 4 at most. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, homerpat said:

We need bodies and he isn’t paid that highly. Def would be interested, but wouldn’t want to give up any more than a late 4 at most. 

Yeah I'd agree I think he'd be a good solid addition to the WR room. Make Pascal the #4 which is really what his role should be. 

4th round pick? Sure. Anything more, no thank you

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

4th round pick? Sure. Anything more, no thank you

I'd be tempted by a third... But yeah I mean a fourth and maybe a future late round pick could get it done?

• Like 1

Parker would be a good pick up IMO...I mean he's no superstar but hes definitely better than most of what we have at the moment. Maybe throw Reagor in there as well to sweeten the deal 😛

If we are going to trade for a wr from the dolphins I would rather get will fuller. He’s a deep threat (they have 2 others), he’s 27 (Parker is 29/30), and the kid is from Philly! 

3 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

If we are going to trade for a wr from the dolphins I would rather get will fuller. He’s a deep threat (they have 2 others), he’s 27 (Parker is 29/30), and the kid is from Philly! 

But deep threat isn't really what we need. I mean we have a QB who doesn't seem to get his timing down and doesn't have a big arm. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But deep threat isn't really what we need. I mean we have a QB who doesn't seem to get his timing down and doesn't have a big arm. 

Deep threat just tells people he has speed. Him and quez means the defense has to guess who is going deep. The other can do a crosser since they can take them to the house with their speed.

if the qb can’t use the weapons, get a new qb. I don’t think we should not get weapons cause the qb can’t use them.

7 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

fuller is a free agent last i had seen

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Got to be honest...I can understand why we may not have been too involved there. That feels like a lot. 

Doesn’t seem out of line to me — trading down from a 2023 3rd round pick to a 2022 5th round pick, for a decent to good veteran on a reasonable contract (owed about $6M per year for 2022 and 2023).  The Eagles third round pick in 2023 is likely to be higher than the Patriots, so I would think the same deal was on the table for the Eagles … plus I am sure the Dolphins would have preferred to trade outside their own division … they night have thrown in a 4th rounder instead of a 5th rounder to avoid that.

31 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

Doesn’t seem out of line to me — trading down from a 2023 3rd round pick to a 2022 5th round pick, for a decent to good veteran on a reasonable contract (owed about $6M per year for 2022 and 2023).  The Eagles third round pick in 2023 is likely to be higher than the Patriots, so I would think the same deal was on the table for the Eagles … plus I am sure the Dolphins would have preferred to trade outside their own division … they night have thrown in a 4th rounder instead of a 5th rounder to avoid that.

Yeah possibly... When you put it like that I mean it isn't a terrible trade. I just felt like a third was perhaps a little rich there. For a guy who's effectively now buried on that Miami depth chart.