How did I do as the GM?

bigdog54

With the drafting of Walker I would have also traded Sanders for a 3rd this year or a player preferably another edge rusher from another team . But you can’t do that in this simulator.  

18 minutes ago, bigdog54 said:

BD7F5C11-48FE-4DBD-B202-E0C18B10CC13.png

There are certain trends we generally follow: We don't take 1st round LBers, and I don't think you'd ever catch Howie Roseman going an entire draft without pass rushers (EDIT: Last time he did that was 2011). By losing Barnett this year, we're almost assuredly taking one early.

13 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

There are certain trends we generally follow: We don't take 1st round LBers, and I don't think you'd ever catch Howie Roseman going an entire draft without pass rushers (EDIT: Last time he did that was 2011). By losing Barnett this year, we're almost assuredly taking one early.

I wasn’t doing it in the eyes of Howie I was doing it the way you should do it lol. And with the drafting of Walker I’m going to get a third round pick or a player which would be an edge rusher in a trade. If I got the third round pick instead of the player I would draft an edge rusher.

I personally think it’s a well-balanced draft it addresses every need upgrades positions the tackle I drafted there is actually an inside guard and it said to be possibly one of the better inside players in the whole draft. And I would pick up the edge rusher with trade for Sanders because now we have the explosive walker as our running back. Also importantly I drafted the best punter in the draft which would give us a huge upgrade with our special teams

not thrilled but it’s something to talk about even if it’s posted in the wrong section 

You got a B+ with 3 first rounds picks...............  Fail. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

not thrilled but it’s something to talk about even if it’s posted in the wrong section 

I’m not sure about the section. A moderator posted on this and didn’t say anything. I’m I’m wrong they can move it. 

anyway which player aren’t you thrilled about? What do you think about drafting walker and trading sanders? That’s probably the most controversial/biggest move of the whole thing

4 minutes ago, What The F said:

You got a B+ with 3 first rounds picks...............  Fail. 

Their grading of players suck. Some of the players they have way out of place. They have first round grades or players that most have as 3rd rounded so I could give a flying F about their grades lol. 

3 minutes ago, bigdog54 said:

Their grading of players suck. Some of the players they have way out of place. They have first round grades or players that most have as 3rd rounded so I could give a flying F about their grades lol. 

Everyone has different grades.  I am still a little old school and will pick up Lindy's draft magazine, love to read when I have breakfast.

They have Devin Lloyd as the 6th best inside linebacker, everyone has their own rankings, and they will not always jive.  Doesn't really matter though, after the draft if you go look at the big boards they are not very close.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Everyone has different grades.  I am still a little old school and will pick up Lindy's draft magazine, love to read when I have breakfast.

They have Devin Lloyd as the 6th best inside linebacker, everyone has their own rankings, and they will not always jive.  Doesn't really matter though, after the draft if you go look at the big boards they are not very close.

That is true. Some boards have Lloyd going as high as the 6th pick. I think that’s batshit crazy 

I'm not a fan of any draft without a starting corner and a potential starter at safety. 

My favorite picks here - Wyatt and Araiza. 

following howies path as gm here since the topic got moved from tate to the basement 🙂

1st round picks decent but no DE and not in the entire draft?  A RB in the 2nd with much much bigger needs?  Overall not great.