Garrett Wilson on DeVonta Smith being a dawg; Potentially playing for Nick Sirianni and the Eagles

time2rock

Garrett Wilson on DeVonta Smith being a dawg; Potentially playing for Nick Sirianni and the Eagles 

Garrett-Wilson-.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
Glenn Erby 

March 23, 2022 6:26 pm ET

The Eagles have been linked to former Ohio State wide receiver Garrett Wilson for months now.

During a recent chat with Josh Tolentino
Of The Inquirer, the All-American wide out called DeVonta Smith a "dawg” who had one of the greatest performances he’d ever seen a few years back.

The former Lake Travis High School star logged 70-catches, for 1,058-yards and 12 touchdowns during his final season in Columbus, and the crafty wide receiver has been mocked to Philadelphia on several occasions this winter.

He’d give Jalen Hurts another smooth route runner on the outside and Philadelphia would finally have a receiving corps that can match other teams in the NFC.

Here’s what Wilson had to say about the Eagles.

Wilson on DeVonta Smith

USATSI_17516937_168393153_lowres.jpg

Jan 16, 2022; Tampa, Florida, USA; Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeVonta Smith (6) runs with the ball as Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Mike Edwards (32) defends during the second half in a NFC Wild Card playoff football game at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Wilson is used to sharing the stage with another high profile player and it would give Philadelphia a formidable trio on the outside.

e1.JPG.3afbd5ff13b38c86291f6528dc984099.JPG

Wilson on playing for the Eagles

Garrett-Wilson-NFL-Combine.jpg

Mar 3, 2022; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Ohio State wide receiver Garrett Wilson (WO39) goes through a drill during the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The former Ohio State star has previouslyaddressed growing up an Eagles fan, and he reiterated that he’d be to join Nick Sirianni’s roster.

e2.thumb.JPG.ed264bb233abbfd11d7595d8d0b418d0.JPG

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/lists/garrett-wilson-philadelphia-eagles-nfl-draft-devonta-smith/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2f1zzkihoPb4tq0ksbdh9uIkLSL5VPR-sVmhufs_a3IGEf0npqJNQtyBw

I think he'd be an exciting addition. I'm not sure how they'd use him and I'm not sure he's exactly what they need but he'd be a lot of fun to watch. And the NFL is going down the route of these really dynamic WRs right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think he'd be an exciting addition. I'm not sure how they'd use him and I'm not sure he's exactly what they need but he'd be a lot of fun to watch. And the NFL is going down the route of these really dynamic WRs right now. 

Yep ... I like both Wilson and Olave quite a bit (my 2 favorite early round WRs, over Burks, Williams, London, etc.).  I know I wanted to add a vet WR to this group, but if given the choice of a 29/30+ year old and a high draft pick on another, I'd choose the latter.  They just NEED to hit on this guy.

• Like 1