Eagles Mock Draft (03-27-22)

Ray75

Just another mock, no trades, no wrinkles...

Enjoy!

New contract/restructure;

Javon Hargrave 

FA;

Steven Nelson, CB, Philadelphia Eagles

Kyzir White, LB, LA Chargers (got that one right)

Draft;

1) Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia;

1) George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue;

1) Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas;

2) Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor;

3) Brian Robinson Jr., RB, Alabama;

4) Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State;

5) Cole Turner, TE, Nevada;

5) Brock Purdy, QB, Iowa State;

5) Matt Araiza, P, Sam Diego State;

6) Obinna Eze, OT, TCU;

• Like 2

Free agency -

You've been on White for a while - nice call. 

Even if we sign Nelson I still want a corner in the first round. Whomever doesn't win the starting job becomes very good injury insurance. 

I like the 1st round. Would love it with a corner instead of Olave. Best of all worlds - draft a corner, sign Jarvis Landry and draft a receiver on the 2nd day.

We've been back and forth on safeties. I thought you told me you were high on Hill and Cine when I mocked Brisker. I've been looking at Pitre but think this is a bit early for him. 

Love getting Robinson - have seen him going anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th. 3rd seems to be a safe bet. 

I told you last time I really see you're thinking on McCollum. A perfect H-W-S prospect. That's the kind of pick that usually comes later, but I like your moxie in drafting him here. 

I like the rest of your picks but think Eze might go in the 5th. You left out your proposed trade of Dillard after the draft but since you took the tackle I guess that's still your prediction. Turner and Purdy fill needs that aren't a high priority which is just what they should be doing in the 5th round. 

Love grabbing Araiza, but he too might be gone so Camarda would be my backup plan. 

A month to go my friend. 

8 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Free agency -

You've been on White for a while - nice call. 

Even if we sign Nelson I still want a corner in the first round. Whomever doesn't win the starting job becomes very good injury insurance. 

I like the 1st round. Would love it with a corner instead of Olave. Best of all worlds - draft a corner, sign Jarvis Landry and draft a receiver on the 2nd day.

We've been back and forth on safeties. I thought you told me you were high on Hill and Cine when I mocked Brisker. I've been looking at Pitre but think this is a bit early for him. 

Love getting Robinson - have seen him going anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th. 3rd seems to be a safe bet. 

I told you last time I really see you're thinking on McCollum. A perfect H-W-S prospect. That's the kind of pick that usually comes later, but I like your moxie in drafting him here. 

I like the rest of your picks but think Eze might go in the 5th. You left out your proposed trade of Dillard after the draft but since you took the tackle I guess that's still your prediction. Turner and Purdy fill needs that aren't a high priority which is just what they should be doing in the 5th round. 

Love grabbing Araiza, but he too might be gone so Camarda would be my backup plan. 

A month to go my friend. 

Thx Rob,

Didn’t include trades on purpose. Ideally they trade one of their first for future assests but who’s gonna trade up for who exactly? What if Howie can’t find a dance partner? 

If this scenario or something similar where to pan out,  I do think they’ll ship Dillard and trade Cox at the deadline to a contender.

Yes, I’m high on both Cine and Hill but I also don’t believe they’ll last until we’re on the clock in the 2nd. Pitre will likely end up a mid to late 2nd - early 3rd round selection. We absolutely have to get out of this draft with a building block at that position.

Corner?! Yeah, I definitely thought about taking one at #19 but something tells me they want to see what they have in all those young CB’s on the roster (McPhearson, Gowan, Scott, Vincent) first before using a first on one. Or...maybe after all these years I’ve given up on the idea of Howie taking a corner in the first. Some positions he just keeps avoiding early in the draft.

Landry is looking for 20 million a year. While I don’t think he’ll ever get that, you also know he won’t come cheap. Howie explored multiple avenues but couldn’t get it done. Signing Landry seems like a desperation move I just can’t see Howie making. With 3 first rounders in the back pocket, you have the luxury of using one on a receiver yet again. Changed it to Burks cause I think he’s different to what they already have in Smith.

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed just 4 weeks to go! Pumped!

10 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Ideally they trade one of their first for future assests but who’s gonna trade up for who exactly? What if Howie can’t find a dance partner? 

I hope any trade they make gets additional picks this year. 

Think about all the needs - starting corner, safety, rotational DE and DT, WR, big running back, back up QB, OT to get them ready for a Dillard trade, backup TE, developmental QB, maybe even LB and punter. With 5 1ns and 2nd day picks they're not going to get credible players in enough of those roles. 

1 minute ago, Rob331 said:

I hope any trade they make gets additional picks this year. 

Think about all the needs - starting corner, safety, rotational DE and DT, WR, big running back, back up QB, OT to get them ready for a Dillard trade, backup TE, developmental QB, maybe even LB and punter. With 5 1ns and 2nd day picks they're not going to get credible players in enough of those roles. 

Completely disagree, Rob.

Can’t fill every hole in one offseason and you might need more picks in case Hurts doesn’t pan out and you want to trade up for a QB next year.

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Completely disagree, Rob.

Can’t fill every hole in one offseason and you might need more picks in case Hurts doesn’t pan out and you want to trade up for a QB next year.

no you can’t fill every need but this draft seems pretty deep… you have a number of players with an extra year of playing time because they decided to stay an extra year because of covid or whatever reason. 

everyone on the hurts might still suck and you might need more picks next year for a qb bandwagon i don’t agree with. 

if the eagles are truly hitching their wagon to hurts this year you can’t hedge your bet incase he sucks you need to get the most talent on the team you can to give them the best chance. 

if hurts sucks you should be high enough to draft a qb next year or you deal with that in 2023 with a more talented team.