EAGLES NEWS: JALEN HURTS WORKING WITH NEW THROWING COACHES THIS OFFSEASON

time2rock

EAGLES NEWS: JALEN HURTS WORKING WITH NEW THROWING COACHES THIS OFFSEASON

March 29, 2022

Eagles

During the NFL Annual League Meeting, Eagles GM Howie Roseman reaffirmed — for the third time this offseason — that Jalen Hurts will lead Philly in 2022.

"I don’t know that we ever wavered from the level of commitment that we’ve had in Jalen. I think when we say he’s our guy, he’s our starter and we believe in him, and we got to do whatever we can to help him and give him a chance to reach his potential. I don’t think that’s changed one bit.

"If anything, talking and just hearing his plan to improve and things he wants to do, this guy looks for every option to get better and do whatever it takes.

It may be time to finally believe him.

The Eagles were rumored to be in the mix for Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson, but both QBs were ultimately dealt to AFC teams. Whether Roseman meant it from the beginning (doubtful) or not, he’s committed to Hurts for at least the 2022 NFL season.

There are numerous facets of Hurts’ game that need improvement: reading the defense, going through his progressions as well as throwing with anticipation. (I’m not one of the arm strength people, so spare me those arguments).

While the 23-year-old is still a work in progress, he undoubtedly possesses the work ethic to succeed in the NFL. It appears that Hurts is already taking the next steps to advance his game this offseason:

w1.JPG.fedc044632ed387eaf6f07fea3b11089.JPG

Hurts is a polarizing figure among the Philadelphia fanbase. Many have little confidence that he can be the long-term solution at quarterback. Despite the noise, Hurts’ teammates are firmly behind him as a leader, including WR DeVonta Smith.

The plan for the Eagles is straightforward: build the defense, surround Hurts with playmakers and allow the young QB a chance to develop. If he underwhelms in 2022, you have Bryce Young and CJ Stroud waiting for you in next year’s draft.

One thing is for certain — Hurts has the willingness to learn and improve as a passer. Willingness and ability are two different things, however.

Time will tell if he has the latter.

https://thelibertyline.com/2022/03/29/eagles-jalen-hurts-throwing-coaches/

Glad to hear it. I think we can all agree that what's best for this franchise is that Jalen proves to be the guy. And I'm sure he's going to work hard and do everything he can to fulfil whatever his potential is. 

• Like 2