Alec Pierce (Cincinnati WR) -- DRAFTED BY INDIANAPOLIS #53

Erica

HEIGHT: 6'3 1/8" WEIGHT: 211

Pierce is a very athletic, explosive receiver who aligned in the slot and outside in college. He has good height and size and can win consistently versus press coverage because of his good foot quickness and balance. He can sink enough to keep his chest from being exposed to more physical cornerbacks and maintain his path because of his good core strength and body control.

He is a true ball-winning receiver who high-points throws in the red zone and can consistently adjust his body on back-shoulder throws when running go routes. He has good length, and his natural hands as a receiver on throws to and away from his body allow him to maximize his catching range.

NEGATIVES

— Average with the ball in his hands. Doesn’t consistently make defenders miss with the ball in tight spaces.

— Still has room for improvement with his route running—namely on comebacks and other tight out-breakers.

I can see Pierce a second rounder high third round. His size and speed will make teams look at him more. I don't think he will be there in the third round. He could be a sleeper in my book. The Eagles want to get bigger WRs, to match up with Smith. Pierce could help out with that or be a slot WR. Also he is not hurt out the gate like some WRs in this draft. If the Eagles doesn't go WR in the first round, Pierce could be a option in the second round. 

• Like 1