PFN Mock Draft 4-3-22

MidMoFo

I don’t anticipate the Eagles making any splash moves or key free agent signings between now and the draft, unless they have one that’s been in the works for a while and finally gets done. So my mock has no FA signings until after the draft.

Holes in the roster that need another starting caliber player: Safety, Corner 

Positions that have starters, but need an upgrade/competition added: DE, WR 

Depth/Youth needed: IOL, DL, LB, TE

I’m using the PFN draft simulator to make my picks. My strategy going in, based off what this draft is offering, is to target DE and CB early, WR, Safety, DL or IOL with a trade back in the first or day 2. I also want to capitalize on 3 1st rounders to add picks for next year. I’m not trading up, but willing to trade down. This is my list in order for picks 15 & 16: Hutchison, Thibodeax, Hamilton, Gardner, Walker, J Johnson, JD99, Stingley Jr. If any of those players are there at 15 & 16, I’m taking them in that order. 

If all those players are off the board, I’m looking to trade back. Trades I’m willing to accept must include a later first rounder this year and at least a second next year OR a second this year and a first next year. If I don’t get a trade offer I like, this is my list of players I’m willing to take at 15, 16 or 19: Karlaftis, Booth Jr, Wyatt, Wilson, London, Lloyd, Hill, Dean.

If I get a trade back to later in the first or early 2nd I’m still looking for the players above and then: McDuffie, Olave, Burks, Winfrey Linderbaum, Z Johnson, Cine, Green, Brisker

If I don’t get one of the corners early, I’m willing to take McCreary, Woolen or Gordon on day 2. Otherwise I’m punting and getting Nelson on the phone for a new deal after the draft.

If I don’t get one of the safeties early, I’m still targeting Pitre on day 2, or double dipping in the later rounds on O’Neal Jr, McKinley, Cross, Corker and Weatherford. 

Here’s what I got:

317121E4-E87E-422F-B29B-7788D22CEBDA.jpeg

84D6F8A1-C03E-4F59-B572-3264F215CD32.jpeg

F273ADC2-28CB-453A-BC88-44D71ECB4F57.jpeg

5EC52199-55F9-4B08-B38E-B44A5B647A97.jpeg

• Like 1

So I got a little lucky, Walker and Stingley my early DE and CB were there for me at 15 &16. Then I got a trade offer from Indy for pick 19 that netted me a 2nd this year with a 1st and 5th next year. Then I got lucky again to have Kenyon Green still available at 42 for BPA. As I wanted to, I was able to get Pitre with our own 2nd. Got another trade offer in the 3rd and was able to pick up a 4th & 5th for next year while also still landing Justyn Ross. After that it was BPA mostly. Getting Luketa I think gives a backup in the mold of Hassan Reddick, while Walker is the long term replacement for Brandon Graham. Pierce I think can fill the Howard downhill RB role, Turner makes a good TE2 pass catcher. Really the biggest bonus pick imo is getting Kenyon green who can be a solid starter at guard allowing seumalo or Dickerson to move to center when Kelce decides to retire, and getting picks for next year on top of it.

Nice draft. I think there is a real possibility Howie trades one of those 3 picks for next year. 

i would be tickled pink if that happens sadly i doubt either of those first two picks are on the board when we pick!!! and if they are someone is gonna be looking to move up ahead of us.

4 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Nice draft. I think there is a real possibility Howie trades one of those 3 picks for next year. 

Depending on who’s on the board, that might Be impossible. There’s a lot of talent in this draft!

Would I be happy - very much so. 

Would I rather that 2nd round pick for Green be different - very much so. With Dickerson, Seumalo, Driscoll, Awisoka, Herbig, Opeta, and Awisoka all on the roster, I just don't see the need. Safety and receiver would each move up a notch earlier.