Post trade mock

Rob331

Ok Howie pulled off a blockbuster and my friend @Ray75 was right. Howie opted for future value to ensure the Birds can replace Hurts if necessary. Please note, if Ray was right, I was wrong - I thought he'd try to fill as many needs as possible right away. 

Well, I don't think Howie is done. 

Free agents - 

• I don't think they'll re-sign Steve Nelson. Even though I have a corner in the 1st I think they'll sign Kevin King. There will be a camp battle and the loser will give us much better injury insurance. (Replaces one of the wanna be's currently on our roster)
  • Landon Collins and Terrell Edmunds are both still available. One of them will be ours after the draft. (Replaces Rodney)
  • TY Hilton comes in for 1 year to school the young guys. Another blast from Siriani's past (Replaces Reagor)

Draft trades - 

• Eagles trade #18 to Detroit for #32 and #34. The Lions want to jump the Steelers for a quarterback
  •  Matt Ryan is a stationary target. Indy doesn't have a left tackle and can't get one of the highly rated tackles in this draft They trade a 3rd (pick 73) for Andre Dillard. 

The draft - 

• 1-15 DT Jordan Davis. The Eagles get a game changer and not only a replacement for Fletcher, but make a mid-season trade for more assets likely. (replaced Ridgeway)
  • 1-32 CB Kair Elam. At 6'1: 4.39 he's underrated when compared to others in this draft. Will battle and probably win the starting job opposite of Slay. (replaces Nelson)
  • 2-34 WR Christian Watson. An immediate starter and the Eagles can balance the field with a partner for Smith. (Replaces JJAW)
  • 2-52 S Jaquan Brisker. Will battle for a starting job and will certainly play. Great size and speed 6'1" 4.49. A long term answer. (Replaced Wallace)
  • 3-73 DE Cameron Thomas. Too many needs to fill this one earlier. A solid 3rd round pick.
  • 3-83 RB Brian Robinson. Rated as high as the 2nd and as low as the 5th. He's the big back we need at this point. Alabama players don't always star but rarely bust.  (Replaced Howard) 
  • 3-101. LB Troy Andersen. H-W-S revelation at the combine. Comes in better than Patrick, Stevens, Elliss, or Bradley. An upgrade.
  • 4-124 TE Jeremy Ruckert
  • 5-154 QB Aqeel Glass. He's either a developmental project on the practice squad or replaces Sennett.
  • 5-156 OT Rasheed Walker. Dillard's roster replacement. Highly rated going into the year but fell off. Another project for Stoutland. 
  • 5-166 P Matt Araiza. Siposs has kicked his last. 
  • 7-237 WR Velus Jones. Immediately becomes our punt returner. New WR room - Smith, Watson, Pascal, Hilton, Watkins, Jones

• Like 1

Was waiting for a post trade mock. Thx Rob!

I like it...I really do. Had something similar cooked up but you beat me to it.

I really believe they’re targeting Davis. He’d be perfect if Gannon wants to run more odd man fronts. He’d take on two blockers while the other two D-linemen take on two others which would free up guys like Reddick and Sweat to rush the passer.

The rest of the draft is really good too. Sign me up!

Good job, man! 

• Like 1

Me too. Very nice balance. Would be great to have Watson with a WR coach