Outlaw Mock Draft v3.0 4.6.2022 [Post Saints Trade]

Outlaw

Hi guys, here is Mock Draft 3.0. This is post Reddick, Paschal, White signings and after the Saints trade...

The Draft:

R1P15- Jordan Davis, DT Georgia: I think the Eagles could easily go Wyatt here as well, depending on whether they want the attacking DT or a true NT. Based on the interest in Davis/Jones, I feel it's the latter they are seeking, and this man is a certified athletic freak.

EAGLES TRADE #18 TO THE STEELERS FOR #20 AND #84 (Steelers move ahead of Saints for Kenny Pickett who will be the 3rd QB off the board behind Willis and Corral).

R1P20- Andrew Booth, CB Clemson: Competes with Zech McPhearson for CB2 across from Slay, and most likely wins the spot.

EAGLES TRADE #51 AND #101 TO THE SEAHAWKS FOR #40.

R2P40- Arnold Ebikete, DE Penn State: Since they missed out on the top 4 EDGE rushers in R1, the Eagles decided to address the middle of their line first and move up to draft arguably one of the top 3 EDGE rushers in the draft. He does not have the edge-setting capabilities of his R1 colleagues, but in terms of pure pass rushing, Ebikete is a solid pick.

EAGLES TRADE #83 AND #124 TO THE TEXANS FOR #68.

R3P68- Alec Pierce, WR Cincinnati: Pierce gives the Eagles an X with the size to play opposite DeVonta, but can also play the big slot. Good after the catch skills, deep skills, but can also handle intermediate routes. Tested very well at the combine.

R3P84- Nick Cross, S Maryland: Nick will bring back a fear of going over the middle that we had during the Dawkins' years.

R5P154- Charlie Kolar, TE Iowa State: Needs to be trained up on blocking better, but has the size and athleticism (sub 7 3-cone and 4.67 40) to be a solid Move TE.

R5P162- Jamaree Salyer, G Georgia: Taken snaps at all 5 positions in his career, his versatility is his biggest strength. Stoutland can mold this kid into an eventual starter at G.

R5P166- D'vonte Price, RB Florida Int'l: Size, speed, and special teams ability. Price is a thumper who also is good in ST coverage, and has return experience as well.

R7P237- Jordan Stout, P Penn State: Eagles replace Siposs, who is hot garbage.

The 53 (rookies in italics):

Offense [25]

QB[2]: Hurts, Minshew

RB[4]: Sanders, Price, Gainwell, Scott

WR[6]: Smith, Pierce, Watkins, Paschal, Reagor, Ward

TE[3]: Goedert, Kolar, Stoll

OT[4]: Mailata, Johnson, Dillard, Driscoll

OG[5]: Dickerson, Seumalo, Herbig, Salyer, Opeta

C[1]: Kelce

Defense [25]

DE[5]: Graham, Sweat, Ebikete, Barnett, Jackson

DT[4]: Hargrave, Cox, Davis, Williams

LB[5]: Reddick, Edwards, White, Smith, Taylor

CB[6]: Slay, Booth, Maddox, McPhearson, Gowan, Scott

S[5]: Harris, Epps, Cross, Chachere, Vincent

Special Teams [3]

K[1]: Elliott

P[1]: Stout

LS[1]: Lovato

Thanks for reading.

• Like 4

no hurts trade wow hahaha… i feel this would be solid.

while i would still love to add a lb like muma we probably won’t address that with a high pick anymore.

34 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

no hurts trade wow hahaha… i feel this would be solid.

while i would still love to add a lb like muma we probably won’t address that with a high pick anymore.

Yeah, did this without moving the QB and staying put with the thought they address it in 2023 if necessary.

I'm a big White fan. They have youth at the position now. The corps of TJ Edwards, Kyzir White, Hasson Reddick, Davion Taylor, Patrick Johnson is the best 5 they've had in years. I think White "proves it" and gets an extension...he loves being here, he's a Lehigh Valley kid. So no, didn't focus on LB this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Yeah, did this without moving the QB and staying put with the thought they address it in 2023 if necessary.

I'm a big White fan. They have youth at the position now. The corps of TJ Edwards, Kyzir White, Hasson Reddick, Davion Taylor, Patrick Johnson is the best 5 they've had in years. I think White "proves it" and gets an extension...he loves being here, he's a Lehigh Valley kid. So no, didn't focus on LB this year.

yeah i like white too when i was looking through the top 100 free agents white was one of the lb’s i did a lot of research on i’m glad we were able to get him!! 

3 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

yeah i like white too when i was looking through the top 100 free agents white was one of the lb’s i did a lot of research on i’m glad we were able to get him!! 

Same. Really excited to see him starting. It’ll be at minimum a huge improvement on Singleton. :lol:

• Like 1

The more I look at this, the more I fall in love with it...which means like usual, draft weekend will be disappointing in many aspects. :lol:

Fantastic. Great job and I hope Howie is reading it. 

I completely agree with trading down multiple times. We have more priority needs than we have priority draft picks. 

So here's my nitpicking -

• I would likely prefer several DE's to Ebikete. We exchanged a disagreement about his height and I looked it up - still say it's 6'2". I'd prefer Logan Hall, Mafe, Ojabo, Thomas, or Enagbare at the 40th pick. 
  • I don't think we need a guard. With Dickerson, Seumalo, Driscoll, Opeta, Awisoka, Herbig, Clark, Toth, and Anderson on the roster it''s unnecessary. With the expectation of trading Dillard before the season I'd prefer a tackle
  • Stout should be available as a priority free agent. If we're going to draft a punter make it a weapon and draft Araiza in place of Salyer
  • all the above leaves 237 open and I'd hope to draft Eze in that slot. 

Thanks, great read and great draft. I appreciate it that you're keeping the board alive. 

On 4/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, Outlaw said:

Hi guys, here is Mock Draft 3.0. This is post Reddick, Paschal, White signings and after the Saints trade...

Waiting for my Ourlads guide to be delivered before my final mock. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 8:06 PM, Outlaw said:

Yeah love the draft. Strangely the pick I am least keen on is your first pick! You may well be right though. Love the rest of the picks. 

I agree on LB, I would be surprised if we address it early now. White and Reddick were our big adds in free agency. I think the Eagles hope to see things from Taylor as well.

Good job. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Fantastic. Great job and I hope Howie is reading it. 

I completely agree with trading down multiple times. We have more priority needs than we have priority draft picks. 

So here's my nitpicking -

• I would likely prefer several DE's to Ebikete. We exchanged a disagreement about his height and I looked it up - still say it's 6'2". I'd prefer Logan Hall, Mafe, Ojabo, Thomas, or Enagbare at the 40th pick. 
  • I don't think we need a guard. With Dickerson, Seumalo, Driscoll, Opeta, Awisoka, Herbig, Clark, Toth, and Anderson on the roster it''s unnecessary. With the expectation of trading Dillard before the season I'd prefer a tackle
  • Stout should be available as a priority free agent. If we're going to draft a punter make it a weapon and draft Araiza in place of Salyer
  • all the above leaves 237 open and I'd hope to draft Eze in that slot. 

Thanks, great read and great draft. I appreciate it that you're keeping the board alive. 

Waiting for my Ourlads guide to be delivered before my final mock. 

I’d take Mafe above Ebiketie for sure, however I think he’s off the board by 40, as will Ojabo. I want no parts of Enagbare. As far as G I am looking ahead to next year with Seumalo either gone or even possibly moving to C. Salyer has played all 5 positions, so went for versatility there. As far as Stout, he may be a UDFA. Araiza definitely gone well before 237, Camarda probably too. Stout again has versatility as he can handle kickoffs or even kick in the event of a random injury. I love positional versatility, which in hindsight may lead me to lean more towards Logan Hall over Ebiketie as well as you suggested. 

On 4/19/2022 at 6:48 AM, Infam said:

Pretty good. Leaves a hole at Safety but it‘s the Eagles I guess..

Nick Cross is a top 5 S in this draft.

• Like 1