LeftCoastNest’s Final Mock

leftcoastnest

I think Howie and Co are going to be aggressive with making moves with the amount of teams holding multiple picks in the first 2 rounds. They have shown strong interest for a lot of prospects expected to go in the back half of the first, top half of the second. Tried my best to give context for the teams trading with us.

PRE-DRAFT TRADE - PHI send 2022 1st rd picks (No. 16 and No. 19) and 2022 6th rd pick (No. 194) to NO for 2022 1st rd pick (No. 18), 2023 1st rd pick, 2024 2nd rd pick, and a 2022 3rd rd (No. 101) and 7th rd pick (No. 237)

Insurance for next year if Hurts isn’t the long-term solution.

TRADE! PHI send 2022 1st rd picks (No. 15), 2022 2nd rd pick (No. 51), 2022 5th rd pick (No. 162), and OT Andre Dillard to CAR for 2022 1st rd pick (No. 6) and 2023 3rd rd pick.

6 - Ahmad "Sauce” Gardner, CB, Cinci

CAR aren’t convinced the QB value on the board makes sense at 6, so they move back and pick up a 3rd + 5th rd pick and an OT starter. Howie jumps NYG to land us the top CB prospect and a potential shutdown corner, while getting more ammo for next years draft.

TRADE! PHI send 2022 1st rd picks (No. 18) and one of their 3rd rd picks (No. 101) to GB for 2022 1st rd pick (No. 22) and one of their 2nd rd picks (No. 53).

22 - Jermaine Johnson II, DE, FSU

GB move up for Adam’s WR replacement, Drake London after he slips out of top 15. Eagles see one of their top rated DEs slip out of top 20 and pounce before Dallas can get him, upgrading their 3rd rd pick to a 2nd rd pick in the process.

TRADE! PHI send their newly acquired 2022 2nd rd pick (No. 53), their 2022 3rd rd pick (No. 92), and WR Jalen Reagor to NYJ for 2022 2nd rd pick (No. 38).

38 - Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

NYJ move back to pick up another mid-round pick and WR depth. Eagles move up for a 3-down, versatile safety who can sure-up the backfield + move to slot CB on sub-packages.

124 - Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M

154 - Max Mitchell, RT, Louisiana

166 - Marcus Jones, ST/CB, Houston

237 - Jordan Stout, P, Penn State

• Like 1

Crazy draft. Yeah, wait until we have a QB to add offense

• Like 1

19 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Crazy draft. Yeah, wait until we have a QB to add offense

100. I was tempted to go WR at 22, but the DL and S talent is so strong this year…which are the bird’s two biggest needs IMO

Madden much? 

Way too much for the trade up to # 6. IMO. Fire Howie if that happened. 

Jermaine Johnson won't be there at 22. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Madden much? 

Way too much for the trade up to # 6. IMO. Fire Howie if that happened. 

Jermaine Johnson won't be there at 22. 

You’re cool.

On 4/11/2022 at 9:44 PM, leftcoastnest said:

100. I was tempted to go WR at 22, but the DL and S talent is so strong this year…which are the bird’s two biggest needs IMO

Love the post. Thanks for your thoughts. You sure did a lot more than throw darts at a draft sheet. I appreciate it, great read. 

BUT - We really need that wide receiver also. 

Like you, I hope Howie makes multiple trades. Unlike you, I hope he trades down for a 1 and 2 with each of our picks leaving is with 2 lower 1's than we have now and 3 2's. Than we can fill all 5 critical needs in the 1st 2 rounds - CB, S WR, DT, DE. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Love the post. Thanks for your thoughts. You sure did a lot more than throw darts at a draft sheet. I appreciate it, great read. 

BUT - We really need that wide receiver also. 

Like you, I hope Howie makes multiple trades. Unlike you, I hope he trades down for a 1 and 2 with each of our picks leaving is with 2 lower 1's than we have now and 3 2's. Than we can fill all 5 critical needs in the 1st 2 rounds - CB, S WR, DT, DE. 

Don’t get me wrong…I had Burks there for a few days but changed to DE. While I don’t mind the trade back approach, I just don’t want to leave the draft with a potential blue-chip player and Howie whiffs quite a bit in mid-to-late rounds lol

12 hours ago, leftcoastnest said:

Howie whiffs quite a bit in mid-to-late rounds lol

You and I see it differently, but that's what the forum is all about. 

One note - I think Howie has done better with his later picks than with first rounders. 

Fireman Danny, Reagor, Marcus Smith in the 1st vs Ertz, Shady, Hurtz, Goedert, Sanders, Dickerson, Kendricks, Curry, Matthews in the 2nd. (Nice article about this on nbcsports,com/philadelphia by Dave Zangaro today)