My Mock Draft

jsdarkstar

No WR. I know, I know. I would have gone WR in 3rd, if Howie Signs the Honey Badger. 

No trades. Selected for need and BPA. 

Probably should have gone DT in round 5 as well. 

So we start Lloyd and White and Reddick barely gets snaps? Or you think we break the trend and forsake our nickle corner for a third LB? 

A first round LB is a bad choice to begin with in my book but the Eagles with where our roster is at right now? I’d be pretty annoyed even though he is indeed a good football player.

Other than that not bad but as you rightfully pointed out receiver is still a huge problem. I’ll just replace Lloyd with Jameson Williams in my head and like this a lot more.. 😄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Infam said:

So we start Lloyd and White and Reddick barely gets snaps? Or you think we break the trend and forsake our nickle corner for a third LB? 

A first round LB is a bad choice to begin with in my book but the Eagles with where our roster is at right now? I’d be pretty annoyed even though he is indeed a good football player.

Other than that not bad but as you rightfully pointed out receiver is still a huge problem. I’ll just replace Lloyd with Jameson Williams in my head and like this a lot more.. 😄

Exactly!

I’d be stunned if we take a LB in the first.

Biggest holes on the roster are CB and S IMO. If we don’t sign Mathieu and don’t bring in a vet corner, they absolutely have to address both positions in the draft with relative high picks.

Although I like Williams, Olave and Wilson, I don’t know if taking another WR in the first is the right thing to do. The situation is not as dire IMO. We have a No.1 receiver in Smith, possibly a No.2 receiver in Quez and a bunch of No.4 or 5 receivers. Adding a quality vet in FA would have been ideal but I don’t know if using a first on a wideout is the way they should go.

We have so many needs. DE, S, CB, DT... It’s not funny anymore! 

You could make an argument CB, S and WR should be addressed with their first 3 picks. Any combination of the following prospects would do; Gardner (if they trade up), Booth, McDuffy, Williams, Olave, Wilson, Pitre, Cine, Hill and Brisker. 

But knowing the Eagles tendencies, they’ll take a defensive lineman in the first instead of a corner or receiver but I’d not be mad if they’d take Williams, Booth and Pitre with their first 3 picks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Exactly!

I’d be stunned if we take a LB in the first.

Biggest holes on the roster are CB and S IMO. If we don’t sign Mathieu and don’t bring in a vet corner, they absolutely have to address both positions in the draft with relative high picks.

Although I like Williams, Olave and Wilson, I don’t know of taking another WR in the first is the right thing to do. The situation is not as dire IMO. We have a No.1 receiver in Smith, possibly a No.2 receiver in Quez and a bunch of No.4 or 5 receivers. Adding a quality vet in FA would have been ideal but I don’t know if using a first on a wideout is the way they should go.

We have so many needs. DE, S, CB, DT... It’s not funny anymore! 

You could make an argument CB, S and WR should be addressed with their first 3 picks. Any combination of the following prospects would do; Gardner (if they trade up), Booth, McDuffy, Williams, Olave, Wilson, Pitre, Cine, Hill and Brisker. 

But knowing the Eagles tendencies, they’ll take a defensive lineman in the first instead of a corner or receiver but I’d not be mad if they’d take a Williams, Booth and Pitre with their first 3 picks.

I wanted a quality veteran receiver in FA and if we actually got Ridley it’s a different conversation. But just given how expensive receivers just got in FA you have to re-evaluate drafting one. The relative worth just burst through the roof, and that’s not even factoring in that we are not a very attractive team for top receivers right now.

I usually am all over receivers in the draft but was fine with a vet this year but at this point with how things are going I’d be surprised if WR isn’t a choice with our top 3 picks. Then again they have really tried to find a top corner too and couldn’t get one last year (Agree btw if Horn or Surtain was there they pick them over Smith). And of course DL is always right up there. 

It will depend a lot on who is available. For my taste right now I think if Elam or McCreary makes it to the second that would be ideal value for us leaving DL and WR for the first (even though I still like Faalele in the second too).

I think given positional value people hoping for a safety early will not be happy.. even though safety prices did rise too somewhat. It’s a big need but I don’t see them build the roster that way. The Honey Badger might be our only hope for the position at the moment.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Infam said:

Yeah, I drafted mostly for need. Lloyd could be a difference maker but given team history they probably would pass on him. I could have gone Olave or the USC WR, Jameson Williams was already selected. Booth and Joseph can really help the defense. 

There are so many combos it's hard to guess what Howie will do. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I think I like this draft a little better. 

image.thumb.png.768e51407add3f7f95d438be0be83481.png

I view Bonitto as a 3-4 OLB, or a Reddick role. Seems superfluous here with Reddick and Johnson. Other than that, I definitely like this better than the 1st post mock. You rarely ever get a bad LB out of my alma mater. Sanborn could be a real steal there to battle with Edwards for MLB...a Badger on Badger TC battle.

• Like 1

not thrilled JS, but thanks for the post and the thought it provoked from so many denizens of the forum. 

• Like 1