Eaglerick tries again

Eaglerick55

Evening all.

This draft has gotten me all confused. Thought I had a winner draft just before Howie does Howie. Then waited to see if Honey Badger signs. No luck there. Now, looking at trade up scenarios and trade down scenarios in Rd1. Just couldn't find a move that made sense---yet. So, I kept it fairly simple this time.

1st move. Trade Dillard to Seattle for #109 and 2023 #5. Win for everyone. Seattle needs a LT, Dillard goes home, and we get couple of picks

15. Devin Lloyd. MLB Utah. Really love this guy. Think he will be pro bowler for several years. Our LB room with Haasan, Lloyd, White become our best lb group in 30 years.

18. Andrew Booth CB Clemson. Top 2 corners gone, really hate McDuffie{5'11 with short arms spells disaster on the outside). Booth is next best choice, and has solid scheme versatility. Great value at critical position. But if either Sauce or Stingley made it to 10, I would be calling.

51. D'Marvin Leal. DT/DE Texas A + M. This is Milton Williams part 2. Fills 2 positional needs with 1 guy.  Allows for significant flexibility on personnel. Run defender DE and can go inside on passing downs. He will play both this year, and then figure out which is best for us in 2023.

83. Bryan Cook Safety Cincy. Really good all around safety. Excellent tackler, fast, smart. Really good fit for us.

101. Justyn Ross. WR Clemson. Fantastic in 2019. Had neck surgery in 2020. Returned in 2021. Played well, but suffered from horrible qb. Steal here.

109. Trade with Seattle. See above. Charlie Kolar TE Iowa St. Becomes our #2 TE. Can do it all. Great fit for us.

124. Matt Araiza. Punter. Phenomenal punter in college. Will not last till rd5. Replaces Siposs and becomes a real weapon.

TRADE. We trade #162 and #166 to Miami for #125. Miami has only 4 picks this year. This gives them an extra pick and we move up. 

125. Luke Fortner OC/OG Kentucky. Played center and RG at Kentucky. Adds to our OL depth.

154. Jerome Ford. RB Cincy. Brings some thunder to the RB room. Not a lot of tread on tires, but played very well this past year. Replaces Howard.

237. BPA Too hard for an old man to figure that one out.

A little bit vanilla, but enjoy. 

ER

• Like 2

This is a well thought out and realistic draft. Good job. 

I will say I don't like the Lloyd pick. With Riddick and White Lb fell off of my radar scope. I'd rather a DE like Karlatsis or Johnson at 14. 

I like the Justyn Ross pick IF Alex Pierce if off the board, but you know the will be outroar that we didn't take a WR higher. 

Do you think Cook is ready to start in the NFL? If you're not sure then take Brisker at 51 and a DT at 101. 

BTW - in the 7th the Eagles take QB Aqeel Glass, Alabama A&M

thanks for the read.