Another mock draft

ManchesterEagle

Eagles Free agency

Eagles sign Tyrann Mathieu -  2 years 20 million - 8 million guaranteed.  This can be structured so it's a minimal cap hit this year. Mathieu's market is limited and coming down. I don't think we will get a Nelson type bargain, but Mathieu is better and this works for both sides. 

I've given up with a veteran corner. I believe we are going corner in the first and I believe that corner will play.

Trade

Eagles trade Andre Dillard to Las Vegas for a third round pick (86). Vegas doesn't have many picks, but Dillard gives them a competent LT ready to go and they aren't going to find that in the third!

Draft

Trade! Eagles trade pick 15 and pick 86 to the Vikings for pick 12.

Pick 12 - Jermaine Johnson II - Edge - My sense is that the Eagles will look to trade up, but not give up their second. I'd love to get Sauce, but not sure if we could pull it off. The Eagles love DEs and Johnson II is the last of the big 4 to be in range. Ascending talent at a key position. Can slot immediately into the rotation and then be a replacement for Graham next year. Ravens swear a lot in their draft room.

Pick 18 - Andrew Booth - CB - I was thinking about a trade down here, but the Eagles need a talented young corner in the worst way and with Teams like the Bills lurking we can't get cute. Booth is the pick and should slot in straight away at CB2 opposite Slay.

Pick 51 - George Pickens - WR - This is a deep WR class and I feel like the Eagles can wait until the second to address it. They've shown interest in Pickens and hopefully he turns into our Mike Williams opposite the more refined Devonta Smith.

Pick 83 -  Perrion Winfrey - DT - Eagles get great value here. Eagles need to get Hargrave extended, but Winfrey can fit right into the rotation and build to a bigger role after Cox departs.

Trade! Eagles trade picks 101 and and pick 162 to the Bills for 89.

Pick 89 - Nick Cross - S - Love Cross in the 3rd. Can get reps in a rotation and learn behind Mathieu and Harris. Make teams pay for passing over the middle.

Pick 124 - Jaylen Wydermyer - TE - Tested badly but the tape tells another story. TE is a sneaky need as we have little behind Goedert. Wydermyer gives the O another weapon.

Pick 154 - Brian Robinson JR - RB - Good RBs have dropped before and the Eagles don't wait to snap up Robinson here. Natural replacement for Jordan Howard.

Pick 166 - Jamaree Sayler - G  - time to give the best OL coach in the league another project. Limited upside, but can play all along the line and can turn into a quality back-up/fringe starter.

Pick 194 - Max Mitchell - OT - Another guy who can play across the line. Has the kind of attitude Philly loves despite some athletic limitations.

• Like 4

Thanks Manchester. I would be more than happy with this. 

Love the first 3 picks and all of the trades. 

Cross and Robinson are home runs. They are what we need.

I like Mitchell but would prefer Eze

Now for the nitpicking.

• Eagles also might trade Dillard to Seattle or Indy. Each needs a left tackle also.
  • Of all the sites I follow most have Winfrey rated higher. Therse's 23 37 52 55 94. Throw out the high and the low and you are left with 37 52 55 so I think he'll be gone. The DT available at that pick should be Mathis. My guy is Logan Hall who could be another Milton Williams and play both DE and DT. 
  • I think Wydermyer will be gone for the same reason I cited for Winfrey. You're right, we need a tight end here and I think we"ll be looking at Otten, Ruckert, or Kolar.
  • I really don't like the Salyer pick. I've had this same debate with Ray and UKEagle - we don't need a guard. Dickerson, Seumalo, Driscoll, Herbig, Opeta, Awisoka, Clark Anderson, and Toth are all on the roster. That's too many already. 

Good read, great draft. Thanks

Like this draft. If Howie signs the Safety and finds a trade up partner. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Thanks Manchester. I would be more than happy with this. 

Love the first 3 picks and all of the trades. 

Cross and Robinson are home runs. They are what we need.

I like Mitchell but would prefer Eze

Now for the nitpicking.

• Eagles also might trade Dillard to Seattle or Indy. Each needs a left tackle also.
  • Of all the sites I follow most have Winfrey rated higher. Therse's 23 37 52 55 94. Throw out the high and the low and you are left with 37 52 55 so I think he'll be gone. The DT available at that pick should be Mathis. My guy is Logan Hall who could be another Milton Williams and play both DE and DT. 
  • I think Wydermyer will be gone for the same reason I cited for Winfrey. You're right, we need a tight end here and I think we"ll be looking at Otten, Ruckert, or Kolar.
  • I really don't like the Salyer pick. I've had this same debate with Ray and UKEagle - we don't need a guard. Dickerson, Seumalo, Driscoll, Herbig, Opeta, Awisoka, Clark Anderson, and Toth are all on the roster. That's too many already. 

Good read, great draft. Thanks

Thanks Rob - I get the feeling that the Colts would be terrified of making a trade for us after the Wentz fiasco.

On Winfrey - yeah it’s optimistic, but I have seen him mocked mid third a couple of times. 

Same with Wydermeyer. 101 may be more realistic for him, but he does seem to be falling.

I hear you on guard, but we’ve had major injury issues and in the late rounds you are just looking for good players.

Appreciate the feedback!