Deebo Samuel Officially asks for Trade

Captain F

I think Deebo is a good player and if you give up a 1st and a 3rd you have a pretty good idea what you're getting in him... My thing is... Is he a player worth the contract he's going to get? Thats the part that worries me with Deebo... Would I be upset with us trading for him... No but me personally I don't think I do it... Plus if he's unhappy now wait until he's unhappy towards the end of that contract too

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2022 at 11:39 PM, Aspiritfall said:

I think Deebo is a good player and if you give up a 1st and a 3rd you have a pretty good idea what you're getting in him... My thing is... Is he a player worth the contract he's going to get? Thats the part that worries me with Deebo... Would I be upset with us trading for him... No but me personally I don't think I do it... Plus if he's unhappy now wait until he's unhappy towards the end of that contract too

I could be reading things wrong but I think his main gripe is the Niners are using him as some RB/WR hybrid and he wants to be strictly a WR. Which is smart with how much more money WRs make. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

I could be reading things wrong but I think his main gripe is the Niners are using him as some RB/WR hybrid and he wants to be strictly a WR. Which is smart with how much more money WRs make. 

and how much longer his career will last without the RB yardage on the odometer.

1 hour ago, Vee said:

and how much longer his career will last without the RB yardage on the odometer.

Yep that too. He has a legit reason to want out if they insist on using him in that role while another team is willing to keep him at WR. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...