Deebo trade simulation

Captain F

Thanks for keeping the board alve.

I think this draft would be an absolute disaster. 

PFF must be crazy to give this a B+. It's a solid F. 

• No starting corner. 
  • A quarterback at least 2 rounds before need to for a developmental 3rd or practice squad player.  
  • 2 offensive linemen we don't need
  • I think there are edge rushers much better than 6'2" Ebikete at the 0th pick
  • We signed Reddick and White. Where is another linebacker going to play?

1 hour ago, Rob331 said:

• No starting corner. 
  • A quarterback at least 2 rounds before need to for a developmental 3rd or practice squad player.  

But we got Deebo and got rid of Reagor. 

A+++

2 hours ago, Rob331 said:

• No starting corner. 

You can’t guarantee a starting CB, even if you draft one, doesn’t mean they’ll be starting caliber. Plus FA is still alive.

Carson Strong has more physical tools than most of the QBs in this draft. His upside is crazy, and a 3rd round pick for someone you could be flipped on a few years or takeover is never bad. I don’t have to like it, but I can understand valuations.  

Reddick will almost be a full time pass rusher. White is a 1-year deal. So there’s really no reason not to take a skilled LB. 

Well Reddick is 6’1 and will likely lead the team in sacks. Graham is also 6’2. You need better reasoning for disliking a player than an inch or two. 

You draft for skill set, value, and fit - not need. Especially when you’re not contending for a Super Bowl and trying to build the best roster possible. So grabbing OL depth (Kelce retirement, Seumalo upgrade, random injuries) is always welcome.  

the worst part for me is Deebo lol. 

16 hours ago, What The F said:

But we got Deebo and got rid of Reagor. 

A+++

and go 5-11 this year, No thanks

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, GoEagles614 said:

You can’t guarantee a starting CB, even if you draft one, doesn’t mean they’ll be starting caliber. Plus FA is still alive.

Carson Strong has more physical tools than most of the QBs in this draft. His upside is crazy, and a 3rd round pick for someone you could be flipped on a few years or takeover is never bad. I don’t have to like it, but I can understand valuations.  

Reddick will almost be a full time pass rusher. White is a 1-year deal. So there’s really no reason not to take a skilled LB. 

Well Reddick is 6’1 and will likely lead the team in sacks. Graham is also 6’2. You need better reasoning for disliking a player than an inch or two. 

You draft for skill set, value, and fit - not need. Especially when you’re not contending for a Super Bowl and trying to build the best roster possible. So grabbing OL depth (Kelce retirement, Seumalo upgrade, random injuries) is always welcome.  

the worst part for me is Deebo lol. 

Thanks for sharing your point of view. If you look at the draft in general you'll see most teams draft for need, especially in the first round. It's certainly not a rule but it is far more than the exception. 

Even though you can't guarantee a starting corner in the 1st round WE NEED ONE TO LINE UP ON OPINING DAY. Do you really think the free agents who are left ar better than Booth, McDuffie, or Elam. (My last post titled Howie being Howie has us drafting Elam and signing Kyle Fuller so we have a starter and improve depth).

I understand your reasoning about Strong, but disagree that it weighs more heavily than our needs both now and going forward. For instance, we need defensive linemen more than a trade opportunity in 2 or 3 years. 

Regarding Reddick and Ebilete. You hit the nail on the head and actually help me make a case for someone other than Ebilete. With their size neither Reddick nor Ebikete are suited to be every down defensive ends. We have Sweat, BG will be gone next year, and none of us like  Barnett. We need someone with the potential to play DE every down. 

I believe White will be extended during the season but IF you draft a LB Chenal isn't the guy. Smith, Andersen, or Tindall would be my preference. 

I appreciate the chance to exchange views - thanks again.