eaglerick's final mock---maybe

Eaglerick55

Hey guys. Going to go a bit of a different direction here.

Am going to assume here that we stay at 15 and 18. I WANT a trade up for Sauce, and a trade down with KC, but decided to go a bit different here.

Prior to draft---trade Dillard to Seattle for 109. This trade just makes so much sense for everyone involved. Dillard happy, Seattle happy, Eagles happy.

Rd1--#15. Jordan Davis . We all know who he is. Potential to be pro-bowl guy for several years. Learns pro game this year as rotational, then starts for next 10.

Rd1--#18. Devin Lloyd. MLB Utah. Several people on the board have us with WR or CB here. Me included. But I see Lloyd as, barring injury, a big time, 3 down, pro-bowl level MLB for next 10 years. Our version of Bobby Wagner. I don't see any CB with that potential. And so hard to judge WR talent. Just ask Howie about that. White, Lloyd, Reddick as starting LBs look as good a group as we have had for 30 years. And decent backups with Taylor, Edwards, Bradley.

Rd2--#51. Coby Bryant CB Cincy. Solid outside CB. No frills, just does everything well. Good value here.

Rd3-#83. Nick Cross. Safety Maryland. Like this guy a lot. Even if we sign Mathis, he will be on the field a good bit in sub packages. Starts in 2023 at worst.

Rd3-#101. Justyn Ross WR Clemson. Everyone's mid round want. Good compliment to Smith. I think we still will have a run-heavy offense this year. Ross will not need to be force-fed the ball, like some of the first rd guys might want. He gives us a big receiver that can make traffic catches.

Rd4-#109. Zion McCollum. CB Sam Houston St. Tall, lightning quick CB. Becomes our #3 or 4 outside CB. Talent, and depth. A little nervous going into the fall having to rely on bunch of late round guys. Becomes gunner on special teams.

Rd4-#124. Matt Araiza. Punter. I think there is very little chance he survives to our picks in rd5. Becomes a real weapon for us.

TRADE--- We trade 162 and 166 to Miami for 125.

Rd4-#125. Michael Clemons DE Texas A & M. Good run-stuffing DE. Rotational guy who can play on run downs.

Rd5-#154. Jerome Ford. RB Cincy. Replaces Howard in rb room. Plenty of tread on tires. Can run, catch, block.

Rd&-#237. Aqueel Glass QB Alabama A & M. Development guy.

All the best to you all.

ER

Thanks for the read. 

I'm on board with Davis and think we could get him at 18 if we used 15 to trade either up or down. 

Don't like the Lloyd pick. We need a starting caliber corner and looking at the consensus of mock boards out there Coby Bryand looks to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. This is the spot for a corner. 

i like the Nick Cross pick in the 3rd. Hope he's ready to start. 

If Justyn Ross is there at 101 , run to the podium. Really like the guy and hope you are right. 

McCollum - nice pick here. H-W-S = potential and this is the place to start mining deep for gold.

Araiza - Eaglerick swing and it's "outta here"". Great pick. 

I like Clemons but gotta say, this is mighty late to be taking the DE we need. 

The Ford pick is a strong one. Hope he's still there. 

I think Glass will be there as an undrafted free agent. I've actually had him on a couple of my mocks, but have reevaluated and would hold off on a draft pick. Given the rest of your thinking, I believe you might want to make this the place to draft Dillard's replacement. 

This draft would be debated, criticized, admired and talked about on talk radio until training camp. Thanks again. 

4 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Thanks for the read. 

I'm on board with Davis and think we could get him at 18 if we used 15 to trade either up or down. 

Don't like the Lloyd pick. We need a starting caliber corner and looking at the consensus of mock boards out there Coby Bryand looks to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. This is the spot for a corner. 

i like the Nick Cross pick in the 3rd. Hope he's ready to start. 

If Justyn Ross is there at 101 , run to the podium. Really like the guy and hope you are right. 

McCollum - nice pick here. H-W-S = potential and this is the place to start mining deep for gold.

Araiza - Eaglerick swing and it's "outta here"". Great pick. 

I like Clemons but gotta say, this is mighty late to be taking the DE we need. 

The Ford pick is a strong one. Hope he's still there. 

I think Glass will be there as an undrafted free agent. I've actually had him on a couple of my mocks, but have reevaluated and would hold off on a draft pick. Given the rest of your thinking, I believe you might want to make this the place to draft Dillard's replacement. 

This draft would be debated, criticized, admired and talked about on talk radio until training camp. Thanks again. 

Thx Rob. Appreciate it. I look at Lloyd as a future pro-bowler, maybe even all-pro. Just think he is special. DO NOT WANT McDuffie. Short with short arms is suicide in today's NFL. Booth, I like a lot, but I do not see him as a pro bowl caliber cb down the road. Might be wrong, but... Looking long term here.

I debated developmental qb vs OT a bit here. Finally decided it would not be likely to get a viable OT in 7th. Most likely would be a PS guy, with hopes down the road. Decided to go QB instead.

As far as DE, we really don't need a starter this year, but we need solid rotational guy who can develop into starter for 2023 or 2024. Think Clemons fits the bill. Yes, it would be nice to get one earlier, but we have other spots that need attention first, IMO.

I'm on the Davis train, but think it will require a trade up to get him.  At least in front of the Ravens.  I like Lloyd as well but would prefer a CB there - Booth, Elam, McDuffie (McDuffie is my least favorite) if they are available.   

Cross would be great and I mocked him at #83 as well.  I hope he lasts until until 83 and we get to draft him.

I agree with Rob that a DE is a priority- if we take a CB earlier the #51 pick could have several nice DE options.

Overall I would think the Eagles did well if this is their draft.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eaglerick55 said:

Thx Rob. Appreciate it. I look at Lloyd as a future pro-bowler, maybe even all-pro. Just think he is special. DO NOT WANT McDuffie. Short with short arms is suicide in today's NFL. Booth, I like a lot, but I do not see him as a pro bowl caliber cb down the road. Might be wrong, but... Looking long term here.

I debated developmental qb vs OT a bit here. Finally decided it would not be likely to get a viable OT in 7th. Most likely would be a PS guy, with hopes down the road. Decided to go QB instead.

As far as DE, we really don't need a starter this year, but we need solid rotational guy who can develop into starter for 2023 or 2024. Think Clemons fits the bill. Yes, it would be nice to get one earlier, but we have other spots that need attention first, IMO.

Got it. I see linebacker in the same way as the Eagles so we simply have different perspectives. Tomato - tomahto. 

My late first round corner is Kair Elam. I share your misgivings about McDuffie and Booth would be my backup pick, but I'm pretty sure Elam will be there. 

Not sure I understand what you are saying about the OT. I'd have been very happy to see one anywhere on the 3rd day. 

Don't want to see Barnett on the field more than 30% of the time which means you are counting on BG playing a ton. Hope you are right. Mayve you're right about Clemons, hope so. If your philosophy is to be I;d also have to consider Dominique Robinson, Isaiah Thomas, and Josh Paschal. 

I ca't wait to see how it shakes out next week.

I've got to say I'm not a fan I'm afraid Rick, but a lot of that is that I'm a bit of a skeptic about Davis. A lot of people love him and think he will be dominant for years to come, so it's just an opinion from me. (Heck, I didn't mind the Reagor pick at the time, so I'm probably way off)

I wouldn't have minded Lloyd if we still had 3 first round picks, but LB is not only not rated highly but the Eagles, but also looks to have a bit of potential this year with Edwards, White, Reddick and Taylor. 

Love Cross in the third and some good value picks later, but I'm not satisfied at CB, WR, or DE and those are absolutely key for me in this draft.

Good interesting read though.