Mock Draft 3.0 - Give Howie an Extension haha

philafan4o8

DRAFT WEEK LETS GO!

ROUND 1:

TRADE: Eagles Trade #15 and #101 to Texans for #13

13. Jameson Williams - WR - Alabama: Eagles will need to trade up slightly to secure Williams. There is some buzz that Williams is perceived to be the Eagles top target so it is likely someone trades up to #14 right before the Eagles to snag Williams. Outside of that, when healthy Williams is dynamic player that can be the X WR the Eagles have been looking for. Size and speed are there and the run after the catch is insane. I personally think he will be ready by week 4 of the season. Willams and Smith solidifies WR position for the next 5 years+

TRADE: Eagles Trade #18 to Cardinals for #23 and #87

23. Kaiir Elam - CB - Florida: I know there has been a ton of talk about Booth and McDuffie to the Eagles. Personally not buying it. Ideally Sauce or Stingley would fit perfect but they are out of reach imo. Eagles struggled in the beginning of the season when they were not playing much man defense. By week 8 Gannon figured increasing the amount of man defense was the best route and the defense started playing better at that point. Elam would be a great fit because he has the size and athleticism that you look for in corners now. Plus he can play man and zone. Not coming off his best season but still did good. Can learn from Slay and start opposite Slay Day 1.

ROUND 2:

51. Jalen Pitre - S - Baylor: Great value here with Pitre. Not the biggest safety but has good speed and football IQ. My concern is going to be his tackling in the NFL but he has shown pretty good ability to cover and be a deep safety or come down to the nickel. He is a slightly lesser version of Daxton Hill but I love the potential here in 2nd round. Pitre will rotate in with Harris and eventually be the full time starter by mid-way through the season. Has potential to beat Harris outright during training camp. 

ROUND 3:

83. Deangelo Malone - DE - Western Kentucky: There is no secret the Eagles want to upgrade at D-Line. Brandon Graham is coming off major injury and Derek Barnett is a serviceable rotational piece. Sweat is the clear starter but we don't know how is body will hold up as full-time starter. Insert Malone, who has shown flashes of high level ability. He will need to develop his technique a little more but has solid potential and could eventually turn into a solid starter. Comes in as a rotational pass rusher in year 1.

87. Brandon Smith - LB - Penn State: Smith is an interesting prospect and someone the Eagles have shown interest in. In Gannon's defense he can play MLB and WLB. He is a fantastic athlete at LB but has been relatively an underachiever after coming out of HS as the #1 LB in the nation. He has all the tools to be a good NFL linebacker but will need to play with consistency. His strength is his coverage skills and that will be very helpful for a defense that gets torched week in and week out by TEs. Smith can compete for playing time immediately. Not sure he has the pass rush ability to play SAM in Gannon's defense.

ROUND 4:

124. Zamir White - RB - Georgia: Zamir White is a bruiser! The future for Miles Sanders with the Eagles after this season is unknown. The man cannot stay healthy and that leave the Eagles making the most out of Scott and Gainwell. White can be the consistent RB the Eagles need and a replacement for Howard who also has injury and consistency issues. White could potentially be a 3 down back but the Eagles don't need him to be. He can come in and be the short yardage RB this city has not had since the Superbowl season.

ROUND 5:

154. Zachary Thomas - T - San Diego State: Eagles are one of the best team in drafting and developing late round offensive lineman. Thomas is a versatile lineman that can play both tackle and guard. He has good size and good athleticism. Eagles will need to get his strength up and improve his technique. Comes in and competes for backup tackle/guard spot.

162. Isaiah Likely - TE - Coastal Carolina: Likely is an interesting prospect. He has great size and athleticism. Almost runs like a big WR but no one gets him confused as a blocking TE. He can come in and compete for playing time with Jack Stoll is showed a little bit of promise last season. Likely is definitely a better receiving TE than any other TE on the Eagles not named Goedert. With Tyree Jackson coming off major injury, Likely could produce into a great receiving TE if Goedert gets hurt.

TRADE: Eagles Trade #166 to Steelers for #208, #225 and 2023 6th

ROUND 6:

208. Christopher Hinton - DT - Michigan: Hinton came to Michigan as a HS all-american. Son of 7 time pro-bowler Chris Hinton was underwhelming at Michigan. He has great size and does well against the run. Not much from a pass rush standpoint but can come to the Eagles develop his skill set. May be practice squad or can compete for a 4th DT spot.

ROUND 7:

225. Isaac Taylor-Stuart - CB - USC: Isaac Taylor-Struart another HS all-american. Size and athleticism is everything you can want in a CB but never was able to put it together at USC. I partially blame coaching at USC as well as they were not able to develop any of the top athletes that arrived on campus. With 7th round picks you are going on potential and Taylor-Stuart has just that. He will be a major project and will need good coaching for his technique. Practice squad player with potential to be called up during the season.

237. Isaiah Pola-Mao - S - USC: Isaiah Pola-Mao is one of my favorite players in this years draft. Nephew of HOFer Troy Polamalu. Pola-Mao has great size and speed at the safety position but again the USC coaching staff did a horrible job at developing their top talent prospects. Pola-Mao is a rangy safety that can play deep. He is also not afraid to play in the box and get in on the run game. His issues have been around his shoulder injuries which leads to tackling issues. He has high upside but needs to stay healthy. Can complete for a safety spot on the team or will be practice squad.

• Like 1

This is terrific. I'd love it. 

One thing - it looks like Williams might be available at 15. Baltimore is between Houston and the Eagles and my bet it they draft one of those big defensive tacklesor Johnson if he's on the board. 

21 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

This is terrific. I'd love it. 

One thing - it looks like Williams might be available at 15. Baltimore is between Houston and the Eagles and my bet it they draft one of those big defensive tacklesor Johnson if he's on the board. 

Thanks! Only reason I have the Eagles trading up is because they are saying the Ravens are looking to trade down and with the perception of the Eagles looking to add Williams, it is likely a team jumps to 14 to draft Williams. But ya if the Eagles can get him at 15 then even better haha

• Like 1