Rob's final mocks (with and without trades)

Rob331

It's been a great year looking at needs, the cap, free agency and all of your thoughts and opinions. Thanks a million for being a part of the forum. 

My final mocks are based on calculating the ratings form 10 different services and coming up with a composite. Then I try to stay as close to the board as possible while also considering needs. 

NO TRADE MOCK - while there's not much chance for that it's still a possibility. 

• 1-15 WR Jamison Wiliams. It sure looks like he'll be there, and it'll be a home run (composite rating = 20)
  • 1-18 DT Devonte Wyatt. In the rotation this year and Fletcher Cox's replacement in 2023. (composite rating = 23)
  • 2-51 S Jalen Pitre. Probably going to be our starter along with Harris. (composite rating = 62)
  • 3-83 CB Martim Emerson. A little later that I wanted for a corner, but that's how the board fell. (composite rating = 102)
  • 3-101 CB Tariq Castro-Fields. He and Emerson will battle for the spot opposite Slay. (composite rating = 123)
  • 5-154 RB Pierre Strong. He's not a big back, but he's a good one. Has 4.37 speed. (composite rating  = 154)
  • 5-162 OT Dare Rosenthal. It's likely Dillard gets traded after the draft. Here's his replacement. (composite rating = 169)
  • 5-166 P Matt Araiza. He'll be a Ray Guy like weapon. (composite rating = 180)
  • 7-237 DE Jeffrey Gunter. I think he should be rated higher, but the #'s are what the #'s are. (composite rating = 240)

MOCK WITH TRADES (now the fun begins)

Trades - 

• Trade Dillard to Settle for 109
  • Trade 15 to Detroit for 32 and 34
  • Trade 18 to Pittsburgh for 20 and 84
  • Trade 20 and 124 to Green Bay for 22 and 9

Draft - 

• 1-22  WR Jamison Williams. Howie wins his gamble and he's still there . (composite rating = 20)
  • 1-32 DE David Ojabo. The Sydney Jones experience be damned. This is the talent we need. (composite ranking = 33)
  • 2-34 S Lewis Cine. Need a starter? Here he is (composite rating = 35)
  • 2-51 DE/DT Logan Hall. a Milton Williams clone. Load up on the defensive line. (composite rating = 25)
  • 3-83 DE Cameron Thomas. With Ojabo out most of the year we still need a DE. (composite ranking = 81)
  • 3-84 TE Isaiah Likely. Highest rated TE on the board. An immediate #2. (composite rating = 82)
  • 3-92 RB James Cook. He's not a big one, but he's good with 4.42 speed. (composite rating = 92)
  • 3-102 CB Martin Emerson. See above. (composite rating = 102)
  • 5-154 Matt Waletzko. Dillard's replacement (composite rating = 156)
  • 5-162 C Dawson Deaton. A surprise, but we're following the composite board (composite rating = 163)
  • 5-166 P Matt Araiza. Waiting this long makes me nervous. (composite rating = 180)
  • 7-237 WR Tre Turner. I'd trade this pick if I could. (composite rating = 242)

Thanks again to everybody for a great year. This is a great forum. there are smart and incisive people using it. More than that, everyone respects each other and their opinions. The old saying holds here - it's okay to disagree, just don't be disagreeable. All of you do that and I am grateful. 

• Like 1

Jameson is the best receiver in the draft in my opinion, so that would help.

Not so sure with Wyatt.

Very interesting third round picks in both drafts. Don’t even know Emerson..

All in all looks solid, maybe lacking a bit in potential star talent. But you played it very safe outside Ojabo so that sure has it’s advantages. 

5 hours ago, Rob331 said:

It's been a great year looking at needs, the cap, free agency and all of your thoughts and opinions. Thanks a million for being a part of the forum. 

My final mocks are based on calculating the ratings form 10 different services and coming up with a composite. Then I try to stay as close to the board as possible while also considering needs. 

NO TRADE MOCK - while there's not much chance for that it's still a possibility. 

• 1-15 WR Jamison Wiliams. It sure looks like he'll be there, and it'll be a home run (composite rating = 20)
  • 1-18 DT Devonte Wyatt. In the rotation this year and Fletcher Cox's replacement in 2023. (composite rating = 23)
  • 2-51 S Jalen Pitre. Probably going to be our starter along with Harris. (composite rating = 62)
  • 3-83 CB Martim Emerson. A little later that I wanted for a corner, but that's how the board fell. (composite rating = 102)
  • 3-101 CB Tariq Castro-Fields. He and Emerson will battle for the spot opposite Slay. (composite rating = 123)
  • 5-154 RB Pierre Strong. He's not a big back, but he's a good one. Has 4.37 speed. (composite rating  = 154)
  • 5-162 OT Dare Rosenthal. It's likely Dillard gets traded after the draft. Here's his replacement. (composite rating = 169)
  • 5-166 P Matt Araiza. He'll be a Ray Guy like weapon. (composite rating = 180)
  • 7-237 DE Jeffrey Gunter. I think he should be rated higher, but the #'s are what the #'s are. (composite rating = 240)

MOCK WITH TRADES (now the fun begins)

Trades - 

• Trade Dillard to Settle for 109
  • Trade 15 to Detroit for 32 and 34
  • Trade 18 to Pittsburgh for 20 and 84
  • Trade 20 and 124 to Green Bay for 22 and 9

Draft - 

• 1-22  WR Jamison Williams. Howie wins his gamble and he's still there . (composite rating = 20)
  • 1-32 DE David Ojabo. The Sydney Jones experience be damned. This is the talent we need. (composite ranking = 33)
  • 2-34 S Lewis Cine. Need a starter? Here he is (composite rating = 35)
  • 2-51 DE/DT Logan Hall. a Milton Williams clone. Load up on the defensive line. (composite rating = 25)
  • 3-83 DE Cameron Thomas. With Ojabo out most of the year we still need a DE. (composite ranking = 81)
  • 3-84 TE Isaiah Likely. Highest rated TE on the board. An immediate #2. (composite rating = 82)
  • 3-92 RB James Cook. He's not a big one, but he's good with 4.42 speed. (composite rating = 92)
  • 3-102 CB Martin Emerson. See above. (composite rating = 102)
  • 5-154 Matt Waletzko. Dillard's replacement (composite rating = 156)
  • 5-162 C Dawson Deaton. A surprise, but we're following the composite board (composite rating = 163)
  • 5-166 P Matt Araiza. Waiting this long makes me nervous. (composite rating = 180)
  • 7-237 WR Tre Turner. I'd trade this pick if I could. (composite rating = 242)

Thanks again to everybody for a great year. This is a great forum. there are smart and incisive people using it. More than that, everyone respects each other and their opinions. The old saying holds here - it's okay to disagree, just don't be disagreeable. All of you do that and I am grateful. 

Hey Rob. Nice read. Also think the no trade scenario has no chance, but I like most of your picks. Don't like the RB--need bigger **** as complement--and think need to get Araiza in 4th. Otherwise, pretty decent.

With trade group--also some good and not so good. Still recovering from the Sidney Jones virus. And I loved that pick when it occurred. And againm the smaller RB. Love the Cine pick. Would like to get him if we can figure out how to do it. Hall pick also good.

Look forward to more insightful discussion with everyone here. Enjoy this board.

Robb,

Thanks for the excellent conversations over the past few months.  Your 2nd scenario top two picks is scary, drafting two injured players with top two picks.  Not that I don't like the players but Williiams may only play 1/2 a season amd Ojabo likely wouldn't play at all, so really a drafting both for 2023.  

Love the following 4 picks and the punter would be a nice pick.

1st scenario I like a lot.  If we could get 5-6 good years from Wyatt it's worth the r9sk of taking an older player.  

Both drafts show the strength of the 2nd and 3rd rounds.   Getting another pick or two from 34-100 is my hope but I think Howie is going to do the opposite and use 15 or 18 plus give 2nd day picks to move anywhere from 6-11.  I think he has his eye on several players: Williams, Wilson, Davis, Hamilton, Gardner, and Johnson.  I think it's likely all would go before 15.

• Like 1