Saint Joe Douglas screws up again

Rob331

It's tough to screw up the 4th and the 10th pick and he didn't. Gardner and Wilson are terrific picks. 

It's the late round trade that he totally blew. 

Using the trade chart Saint Joe came out -320 or the value of a 2nd round pick (#58). 

In other words, he gave up 3 2nd round picks plus a 5th for a player (Jermaine Johnson) who was falling all night. 

Some will say the total of 1110 on the value chart equates to the 14th pick in the draft and that's where Johnson fell on the board. I say he wouldn't have dropped to 26 if that was the case. 

My prediction - Johnson will be a bust and won't see a second contract with the Jets. 

I initially read it as "Saint Joe screws us again" and was wondering what the heck is this guy talking about.  :lol:

Anyway, he most definitely hit on both of those earlier picks ... that is a tremendous haul.  

• Like 2

You need to re-check your math on this. 26 and 101 equates to 800 on the chart I have. 35, 69, and 163, equates to 832. So I see a deficit of 32 points, not 320 points.

• Like 1

I think Jets fans will be very happy with their business yesterday. They added a stud CB, a weapon on offense and a DE with upside. Sure there are some concerns with Johnson but he's a good DE who I think will be solid in the NFL. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 11:30 AM, Rob331 said:

It's tough to screw up the 4th and the 10th pick and he didn't. Gardner and Wilson are terrific picks. 

Using the trade chart Saint Joe came out -320 or the value of a 2nd round pick (#58). 

In other words, he gave up 3 2nd round picks plus a 5th for a player (Jermaine Johnson) who was falling all night. 

Some will say the total of 1110 on the value chart equates to the 14th pick in the draft and that's where Johnson fell on the board. I say he wouldn't have dropped to 26 if that was the case. 

My prediction - Johnson will be a bust and won't see a second contract with the Jets. 

Many think that late 1st is going to be one of the steals of that draft as he was being looked at with the 10th pick by the Jets AND many felt the Cowboys should have taken him before the Jets could. 

On 4/29/2022 at 12:35 PM, Procus said:

I thought the Jets had a nice haul, along with the Giants and Eagles.

I would add Ravens and Lions to that list

On 4/29/2022 at 8:30 AM, Rob331 said:

This post is hilarious.  Now run the value of the picks we gave up for AJ. Brown vs his draft slot.

19 hours ago, downundermike said:

This post is hilarious.  Now run the value of the picks we gave up for AJ. Brown vs his draft slot.

HIs math is off....WAY OFF.

It's a difference of less than 30 points.  Which ends up being a high 6th round pick.  I'm sure the Jets are furious that they didn't lose this deal over a 6th rounder.

OP should check his math better. 

On 4/29/2022 at 11:30 AM, Rob331 said:

Check your math. 

Can anyone here remind me what pick Aaron Rodgers was selected at after he slipped?

Ray Lewis...can someone remind me where he was drafted?  I can't recall.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:01 AM, Vee said:

Can anyone here remind me what pick Aaron Rodgers was selected at after he slipped?

I can tell you Ray Lewis. He was taken with the very next pick after the Eagles selected Jermaine Mayberry.  Mayberry was a good player, but is not a Hall of Famer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 11:01 AM, Vee said:

24th pick in the first round.

Dan Marino was selected with the 27th overall pick

On 5/8/2022 at 5:25 AM, xzmattzx said:

I can tell you Ray Lewis. He was taken with the very next pick after the Eagles selected Jermaine Mayberry.  Mayberry was a good player, but is not a Hall of Famer.

My draft strategy would be to pick right after the Eagles and select the same role but the player the Eagles didn't draft.

7 hours ago, mihailo said:

My draft strategy would be to pick right after the Eagles and select the same role but the player the Eagles didn't draft.

That strategy worked really well for the Bengals when they took Akili Smith.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That strategy worked really well for the Bengals when they took Akili Smith.

😆 That was quite some tie ago.

On 5/24/2022 at 3:09 PM, mihailo said:

😆 That was quite some tie ago.

Eh.

2017 - Malik Hooker over Derek Barnett

2018 - Connor WIlliams over Dallas Goedert

2019 - Tytus Howard over Andre Dillard

2020 - Justin Jefferson over Jalen Reagor

2021 - Justin Fields over Davonte Smith

2022 - Kyle Hamilton over Jordan Davis

2 hours ago, Vee said:

Eh.

2017 - Malik Hooker over Derek Barnett

2018 - Connor WIlliams over Dallas Goedert

2019 - Tytus Howard over Andre Dillard

2020 - Justin Jefferson over Jalen Reagor

2021 - Justin Fields over Davonte Smith

2022 - Kyle Hamilton over Jordan Davis

? The majority of them don't play the same position and Jefferson just proved my point.

51 minutes ago, mihailo said:

? The majority of them don't play the same position and Jefferson just proved my point.

Well duh, we all know about the Reagor/Jefferson fiasco.  

2017 - Jonathan Allen over Barnett

2018 - Mark Andrews over Goedert

2019 - Tytus Howard plays the same position.  No change.

2020 - we know.

2021 - Kadarius Toney over Davonte Smith

2022 - Devonte Wyatt over Jordan Davis

9 hours ago, Vee said:

Well duh, we all know about the Reagor/Jefferson fiasco.  - Yes, which is why the original comment was made.

2017 - Jonathan Allen over Barnett - I would take Jonathan Allen over Barnett.

2018 - Mark Andrews over Goedert - It is a toss up, but Mark Andrews had a great season. Dallas was competing with Ertz for snaps, but I would be happy with either.

2019 - Tytus Howard plays the same position.  No change. - Could go either way.

2020 - we know. Jefferson was the obvious selection.

2021 - Kadarius Toney over Davonte Smith - I'd take Smith over Toney.

2022 - Devonte Wyatt over Jordan Davis - Time will tell.

My original post was about how I would take the next player at the same position over the Eagles' selection.  Clearly this is a joke as that would be a silly strategy that is solely intended as a jab at some poor drafts the Eagles have had in recent memory i.e. Reagor).

I hope as with others, they have learnt from these mistakes and turned a new leaf, which seems to be the case with the latest couple of drafts - but time will tell.