Day 1 review and day 2 ideas

Eaglerick55

Afternoon all.

Loved the 2 acquisitions from last night. Home runs on both. I might have thought that we maybe paid a 5th rd guy too much to move up 2 spots, but Houston obviously knew we wanted Jordan badly.. But still, love the pickup. Trade with Tenn a MONSTER win!!! NFC East--Giants hit it big, Wash--meh, Boys--roflmao. Could haver gotten Lindermyer or Johnson or Lloyd. But they got a raw penalty-prone LT and move him to RT. What a reach.

Tonight---picks have to be back 7 defense. CB, LB, or S. Keep eye on Chicago picks in rd2. Desperately need a starting LT. Pickings are slim day 2. If they do not pick a tackle in either of those 2 picks, watch for a Howie trade with Dillard and Bears' rd3 pick.

All the best. ER

Apparently no one wanted Dillard or the Eagles wanted too much. 

I'm happy with the draft - the board just didn't fall right for CB or S. My only disappointment is Johnson with the 181st in the 6th. Could have taken Castro-Fields or Jobe there. 

2 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Apparently no one wanted Dillard or the Eagles wanted too much. 

I'm happy with the draft - the board just didn't fall right for CB or S. My only disappointment is Johnson with the 181st in the 6th. Could have taken Castro-Fields or Jobe there. 

I was hoping for a CB late, but apparently the Eagles were able to sign Joshua Jobe as one of four DBs as an UDFA! Between the draft, the trade for AJ Brown, and these UDFAs, Howie knocked it out of the park this year.

Screenshot_20220430-195629_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e215640667a1940a8c775ec3d70dfa69.jpg

16 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I was hoping for a CB late, but apparently the Eagles were able to sign Joshua Jobe as one of four DBs as an UDFA! Between the draft, the trade for AJ Brown, and these UDFAs, Howie knocked it out of the park this year.

Screenshot_20220430-195629_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e215640667a1940a8c775ec3d70dfa69.jpg

Hope we get more competition at safety soon though. Blankenship doesnt exactly solve our issue there. 

On 5/1/2022 at 12:36 PM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Hope we get more competition at safety soon though. Blankenship doesnt exactly solve our issue there. 

Agreed, but I think the Eagles will able to bring in a low cost veteran CB and S before the season starts as a stop gap option. They got Steven Nelson for roughly 1 year / 3 million and Anthony Harris for 1 year / 4 million last year. Even though Tyrann Mathieu signed with the Saints, there are other options out there that should be less costly.

Some stop-gap options that could work for a year at safety include Jason McCourty, Jaquiski Tartt, and Landon Collins.

Stop-gap options at CB2 include Xavier Rhodes, Kyle Fuller, and Janoris Jenkins.

10 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Agreed, but I think the Eagles will able to bring in a low cost veteran CB and S before the season starts as a stop gap option. They got Steven Nelson for roughly 1 year / 3 million and Anthony Harris for 1 year / 4 million last year. Even though Tyrann Mathieu signed with the Saints, there are other options out there that should be less costly.

Some stop-gap options that could work for a year at safety include Jason McCourty, Jaquiski Tartt, and Landon Collins.

Stop-gap options at CB2 include Xavier Rhodes, Kyle Fuller, and Janoris Jenkins.

I wouldn’t mind taking a look at deshon Elliot either. We need to sign at least two players for sure. 

The Giants may have no choice but to release James Bradberry. He may potentially still be out of our price range after getting cut, but still worth looking into.