Kevin King (Packers CB) -- 2022 Free Agent

ManchesterEagle

Wouldn’t be my first choice and I’m sure he’s not yours.

But he’s an established starting corner who can make plays and has shown promise.

He’s also played safety for a couple of years.

Makes a lot of sense at this stage.

Injury concerns but it’s worth bringing him in to compete. Personally would bring in Patrick Peterson on a one year deal instead, even at his older age

5 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Injury concerns but it’s worth bringing him in to compete. Personally would bring in Patrick Peterson on a one year deal instead, even at his older age

Back in Minnesota. He’s not an option.

Rhodes, Haden, Moreau, Fuller, Harris etc are but I’d wait to sign any of them and first evaluate what we have in all those young kids on the roster. Who knows…couple of them might surprise you.

Maybe Giants cut Bradberry too…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Rhodes, Haden, Moreau, Fuller, Harris etc are but I’d wait to sign any of them and first evaluate what we have in all those young kids on the roster. Who knows…couple of them might surprise you.

Out of those names Bradberry sure would make the biggest difference for us by far.

Biggest need is safety, but if we would go Slay-Bradberry-Maddox I wouldn’t even care anymore that we have to start Harris and Epps.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Dang didn’t know that haha. Then I would lean Fuller then Moreau. But I wouldn’t wait too long. McPherson and Gowan as a #2 is not exactly promising. Expecting an UDFA rookie to be a good #2 in their first year is also a false hope. Another vet will only help elevate the young guys play/competition.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Dang didn’t know that haha. Then I would lean Fuller then Moreau. But I wouldn’t wait too long. McPherson and Gowan as a #2 is not exactly promising. Expecting an UDFA rookie to be a good #2 in their first year is also a false hope. Another vet will only help elevate the young guys play/competition.

I think another vet would hinder development of the young guys. Then again a quality vet would likely improve our chances to win this year significantly.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Infam said:

I think another vet would hinder development of the young guys. Then again a quality vet would likely improve our chances to win this year significantly.

And that's the conundrum isn't it. Do they see what they have in guys like Gowan, McPhearson and the new guys they've added or do they bring in someone with that experience. Ultimately they need to see what they have in the young guys? I mean Slay only has a year or two right? So they need to figure out at the very least who can be the long term #2.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that's the conundrum isn't it. Do they see what they have in guys like Gowan, McPhearson and the new guys they've added or do they bring in someone with that experience. Ultimately they need to see what they have in the young guys? I mean Slay only has a year or two right? So they need to figure out at the very least who can be the long term #2.

That’s why I think another band aid is a bad idea. But if we could land someone of Bradberrys calibre.. tough luck for them but let’s give it our best shot this year! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

That’s why I think another band aid is a bad idea. But if we could land someone of Bradberrys calibre.. tough luck for them but let’s give it our best shot this year! 

I think the thing for me with Bradberry is he could be a low end #1 in the longer term. So he could in theory replace Slay. Now sure he wouldn't be as good but he's still a very good player. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the thing for me with Bradberry is he could be a low end #1 in the longer term. So he could in theory replace Slay. Now sure he wouldn't be as good but he's still a very good player. 

I want to know how it would feel to have Slay and Bradberry on the outside behind this line. And with that offense? Damn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Out of those names Bradberry sure would make the biggest difference for us by far.

Biggest need is safety, but if we would go Slay-Bradberry-Maddox I wouldn’t even care anymore that we have to start Harris and Epps.

Bradberry is definitely the biggest impact possibility. Quite frankly Epps is more proven at S than any of the young guys at CB. Epps showed a bit last year. Good moments and bad. It was a step anyway. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I posted this in 411 earlier today (in the 3 veteran CBs worth signing thread).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/04/with-no-trade-market-developing-giants-close-to-releasing-james-bradberry/

He was on my FA wish list in 2020.  Still only 28.  I'd much rather have him opposite Slay than Nelson.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Remember these 2nd year guys couldn't beat out steven nelson. So now that he is gone, we should be highly concerned that our 5 CBs going into the season will be Slay, Maddox and 3 more corners (McPherson, Gowan, Goodrich, Jobe, and Craig james)

Ideally, I move Josh Jobe to safety because he may be a better projection at safety in the NFL than corner imo. Then get a veteran CB like Fuller or King. Now you have Slay & Fuller on the outside, Maddox as the nickel, McPherson as the backup that can play outside and nickel, then let Gowan and Goodrich battle it out for that last spot. I think we know what Craig James is so I left him out. Eagles would be doing themselves a disservice not getting a respectable #2 CB for at least one year.