Birds hire former Packers and Browns Scout as Director of Player Personnel

Procus

I'm all for whoever will tell Howie to keep drafting 2 players from the National Championship team

• Like 9

Hoe did their drafts go in the last 5 years?

6 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Hoe did their drafts go in the last 5 years?

He’s only been with Cleveland since 2020

Just now, Procus said:

He’s only been with Cleveland since 2020

And the Packers?

Packers are good at drafting talent just don’t ever draft many WRs and we already got the WR room handled so we’re fine. Packers are excellent at drafting secondary and so has the browns 

2 hours ago, SlimReaper4Six said:

Packers are good at drafting talent just don’t ever draft many WRs and we already got the WR room handled so we’re fine. Packers are excellent at drafting secondary and so has the browns 

Alexander was a hit, King less so. All in all I’d say the Packers are mediocre at drafting (outside of Rodgers) it’s just that they are so bad in free agency it makes their draft picks play a lot..

Eric Stokes was a hit last year from Georgia. He actually was the best corner for them not Alexander even though he too has shown to be All-Pro. Not to mention the safety’s who have been added. 

• Like 1

Valdez Scantling is a 7th rounder who got a huge payday. Adams as well,  they had talent Rodgers just can’t win because the team isn’t a team. 

If I were evaluating a scouting hire from another team, sure one of the things I'd look at is the quality of their draft.  But it's foolish to automatically attribute the team's overall drafting successes or failures to a single scout.  You can have a team with crappy drafts that has good scouts.

• Like 2

We wish him success and longevity in his position.

Does being a good scout make him a great leader of all scouting? Not necessarily.

Let's hope he is given everything he needs to succeed.

Good luck, Charles!

• Like 1

Would have preferred someone from say the Chiefs but I'm just glad it wasn't an internal hire

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Would have preferred someone from say the Chiefs but I'm just glad it wasn't an internal hire

There are plenty of other openings.

Has anybody analyzed how former Reid front office personnel have done after leaving his teams?  IIRC, it's a mixed bag.

Does it really matter who the Eagles hire for the personnel department? Who does the final picking? Yep, Rosebud gets his greedy hands all over every pick. They can hire boo boo the clown and get the same results. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, slick1234 said:

Does it really matter who the Eagles hire for the personnel department? Who does the final picking? Yep, Rosebud gets his greedy hands all over every pick. They can hire boo boo the clown and get the same results. 

yeah, the Eagles stink

• Haha 1